Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
redauxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default What 1/4 mile time should i expect?

Hi,

My AU XR8 is getting some upgrades, can anyone giv me an estimate of the 1/4 mile times i should be getting with my setup?

Mods are:
Rebuilt engine to handle boost. Not to sure what the specs are. Its basically forged rings etc, still a 302. New trickflow heads and manifold, comp cam.
N/A form made 260rwhp.

Rebuilt auto with 3000 hi stall

Diff rebuilt with 3.9 ratio

Centrifugal supercharger, not yet put on. Tuner expects to make around 400-450rwhp.

Full exhaust system: twin 2.5, pacemaker 4-1s

Cheers

redauxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

not sure on your quarter times but with 400 plus rwhp your block will be more than likely on a borrowed time.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
The Monty
Just slidin'

Aspirated youd have to think mid to low 13's.
With the supercharger, probably the same as you wouldnt be able to launch it, youd have to baby it off the line, and back right off on gearchanges. Butyoud see more mph with the s/c.
With semi's, a good tailshaft and a really good suspension set up, and a really tough gearbox and axles, it would have to dip into the 12's.
Old 13-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Rule of thumb for factory 302 windsor roller blocks is a 450 flywheel HP limit. Anything beyond that is taking a major risk for engine destruction.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

i have always thought about taking my tired old falc out onto the track for a 400m pass

but i'd probably get a 'sunscreen time':

30+
Old 13-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

NA with mods are getting mid 13s so boosted you would hope for low to mid 12s not stroking it was probably a good idea

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
Cam
Stroking it...

What tyres????

You could run a 14 on street tyres or an 12 on semis....

Also what does the "rebuild gearbox" entail? 300rwkw is a lot to push through a standard auto... And then there's the worries of the block..

I would be trying to limit my rwhp to no more then 400, sounds like your pouring some serious money into this thing, I would hate to see it go bang.... Did you consider an aftermarket block? (although you haven't really said whether its a standard block)
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #8
Windsor220
Now Fordless

So it has 260 rwhp now after the NA mods? Thats exactly what mine has and its stock apart from tune. Probably due to the lower compression for boost.
I done a 14.3. It should get a high 13 with a stall and practice.

With the blower I would be looking at a 12 second pass. Im fitting one soon so it will be interesting to see what you get.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
redauxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry i should have mentioned more about the engine.... I am using an aftermarket sportsman block.... The reason for 260rwhp N/A is lower compression and running on 95 octane.

Also, gearbox is a full "performance" rebuild with the best quality parts i have been told.
Old 14-09-2010, 12:17 AM   #10
sleeper393

mate with the dart sportsman block not a worry , im betting with proper setup, lose some weight , as per spare tyre out, remove back bottom portion of rear seat , etc etc , and a custom tune with the s/c setup easy low 12 , high 11 with some sticky rears.
123.4 GROUND TEARING RWKW'S , LOL
sleeper393 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2010, 07:25 AM   #11
Cam
Stroking it...

Great to see your not using the stock block, really will pay off in the long run.. Kudos to you!

Agreed with sleeper393, wack some decent rubber on it and it should see the thing dip into the 11's with some practice...
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #12
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

redauxr8 great way to start with a aftermarket block they are a good investment something you won't have to worry about as the power levels go up.
I think the main problem you'll have is getting the power to the ground and weight, does your xr8 have irs if so thats a fair bit of weight and they don't seem to put the power to the ground very well for straight line racing, if its not then with sticky rubber and well set up suspension should see some good times.
Btw what type of supercharger did you end up going for?
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #13
redauxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownv8au
redauxr8 great way to start with a aftermarket block they are a good investment something you won't have to worry about as the power levels go up.
I think the main problem you'll have is getting the power to the ground and weight, does your xr8 have irs if so thats a fair bit of weight and they don't seem to put the power to the ground very well for straight line racing, if its not then with sticky rubber and well set up suspension should see some good times.
Btw what type of supercharger did you end up going for?
Yeh the AU has IRS. Launching the car is gonna be the biggest problem with 3.9 ratio and 3000 hi stall

Im going to see how fast I can get on street tyres and weight, as this is my daily driven car! But ill probably take some weight off and run slicks eventually.

I haven't actually decided on a blower yet. I'm either going to put a vortech or try the raptor out. Im only aiming for 400-450rwhp (at this stage). I am very tempted to put a Kenne Belle on.... I'll have to start a build thread when i get back from work.
Old 14-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #14
sleeper393

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6315/kennebell.mp4
KENNE BELL SETUP , GOTTA LOVE IT
i'd go the bell setup if you have the $$$$ , positive displacement whipple on the street will blitz. JMO
123.4 GROUND TEARING RWKW'S , LOL
sleeper393 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #15
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looking forward to this car!
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2010, 04:30 PM   #16
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

With 450 rwhp you will run 11 seconds to 12 seconds 1/4 mile

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #17
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Definately 12.45

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post