Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Pays to check your Telstra bill carefully

Dunno what happened to the thread about bills??
Anyhoo...

Just got my mobile phone bill and checked it over as I have had minor issues in the past.

I found I was billed twice for the same call!

What had happened was that I had called message bank 101 to retrieve a message and used the "call back" feature (This allowes you to ring the person through message bank automatically so you dont need to disconnect the call and then dial the number, handy if you have no pen!)

Unfortunately the call to message bank 101 did not disconnect when it dialled the mobile number, so i was billed twice for a 16min phone call at the same time!
The mobile number it dialed was listed on a different page on the invoice and the calls to the 101 service elsewhere...

Pays to look at your bill sometimes....

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And if you are on prepaid, you won't even know.
Now will you know about any 'subscription' fees for things like ringtones services etc - because you didn't read the fine print.

Pays to be aware.
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Dunno what happened to the thread about bills??
Anyhoo...

Just got my mobile phone bill and checked it over as I have had minor issues in the past.

I found I was billed twice for the same call!

What had happened was that I had called message bank 101 to retrieve a message and used the "call back" feature (This allowes you to ring the person through message bank automatically so you dont need to disconnect the call and then dial the number, handy if you have no pen!)

Unfortunately the call to message bank 101 did not disconnect when it dialled the mobile number, so i was billed twice for a 16min phone call at the same time!
The mobile number it dialed was listed on a different page on the invoice and the calls to the 101 service elsewhere...

Pays to look at your bill sometimes....
I havent had a correct phone bill since April last year when I upgraded to a newer phone, I had had enough about September/October last year when I lodged an official complaint with the TIO (basically even though I pay for a cap and a data plan, I was always charged the premium rate for all data), I have two phone on my account and since November once the complaint was raised and fixed "NOT" I have asked for a 100% credit of both my bills for the month, which has happened from Telstra since. So basically ever month I get my bill, ring a special 1800 number and basically tell them..NOPE its wrong again credit me please, I figure ringing Telstra for 30-45 minutes a month means I dont have to pay a cent for two mobiles both on cap plans is pretty good value.

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes have several friends with Telstra land line and mobile phones who's bills have gone crazy since early last year, not to mention phones disconnected without warning!
5 people I knew all had their home phones disconnected within 5 weeks (they had bundled service with internet), their bills hadnt arrived and no warnings given.

Another friend live out in a small town and her phone line still isnt buried after 2 yrs, its just hanging over her fence!

Small rural suburb at Majors Creek here has had no phone or mobile coverage for 2 weeks (50 people live in that area)

Another person complained that a inspection pit has been open for 12months with exposed phone wires! (its barricaded)

As fat and lazy as it was under government control, its now worse then ever since it was floated and sold off....

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
XWGT
Powered by Marshall

Was with Optus for 2 years...........out of 24 bills I had at least 22 corrected.....at my time and expense on the phone to them of course

So as with Telstra........every bill gets checked.......carefully. 3 months in with Telstra already been credited over $350....

I actually think now the minuite you ring up they just give you an instant credit to save the hassle lol