Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #31
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Would be nice if they could do this show in more cities, not all of us can afford either the money or time off work to be able to go interstate for a show like this, but would be able to justify the cost of a ticket to it happening in Adelaide.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #32
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

anyone love how the F6's plates have VIC on them?
Old 06-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #33
cobbadan

I went on Friday night and to be honest i wasn't that impressed.

If you've been to movieworld, then you've seen all the stunt driving before.
The car soccer was good to watch.

One thing i noticed was when they brought all the cars out ,, the ferrari and audi etc it would have been nice if they gave em a rev so we could hear them.

All in all - when it was over , my brother and i were both a bit disappointed. I got the ticket for xmas -- but if i had payed $130 to see that i would have been vigorously annoyed

They are great cars but the build quality is crap
cobbadan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #34
nstg8a

agree with the others, going by those pics the fpv really does look like plain jane next to the maloo.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #35
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Well went and saw the show tonight and was pretty disappointed. The "concourse" part or whatever they call it outside was terrible. I was hoping to see the car model tent like they had in Sydney last year (was keen to buy a model car today). They should have more car tents, ie detailing, car models, Bathurst / old school displays, you know things that car enthusiasts want to see. Even a V8 supercar tent. What they had was woeful.

Yes the jokes were scripted, and the stunts also are very much the same as the last two years, and I guess that I may be spoilt as I have been now for 3 years in a row. But if they want to kepp the average punter coming back year after year, then they need to change the show a bit.

Enjoyable afternoon with mates.... had a steak at the Breaky Creek with a few beers then off to the show, so a great afternoon. But the show itself wasn't that great.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #36
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260
Well went and saw the show tonight and was pretty disappointed. The "concourse" part or whatever they call it outside was terrible. I was hoping to see the car model tent like they had in Sydney last year (was keen to buy a model car today). They should have more car tents, ie detailing, car models, Bathurst / old school displays, you know things that car enthusiasts want to see. Even a V8 supercar tent. What they had was woeful.

Yes the jokes were scripted, and the stunts also are very much the same as the last two years, and I guess that I may be spoilt as I have been now for 3 years in a row. But if they want to kepp the average punter coming back year after year, then they need to change the show a bit.

Enjoyable afternoon with mates.... had a steak at the Breaky Creek with a few beers then off to the show, so a great afternoon. But the show itself wasn't that great.
Well I guess its a bit like going to movie world 3 years in a row!!!

I enjoyed it as it was my first one, but I won't be going again next year!
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #37
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The ABC Radio review, this morning, said " it was what they expected, entertainment, nothing spectacular. They said " Shanes knowledge of cars was poor, compared to James and Jeremy's"
Old 07-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #38
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

I went on Saturday, and enjoyed it more than I thought I would, seeing as I've also done the last 2 years in Sydney.

Everyone is right so far on the Ford vs Holden crowd, but I screamed my ring out for the F6 when I had the chance.

I too was disappointed at the lack of F6 bling, even more when I first arrived to see bugger-all out the front in Ford crowd entertainment.

Overall it was a good show, with enough change to keep me entertained.
Yes the tv-aspect is probably getting a bit stale, but for those that haven't been to a show it is needed so they can relate it to TV.

The biggest mistake for me was that I had no grenades for that Yaris.....

Ed