Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-10-2005, 12:51 PM   #1
hambo_12

Default Street Machine Riverina Revfest...

So, who's goin?

This weekend, on Sat and Sun, looks to be a good day, I wont be missing it...

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2005, 03:03 PM   #2
BA Bakes
It's Cat huntin season...

Hopefully going, not sure which today tho. Should be a good weekend either way.

XRB055 - Black BA MkII XR8 Ute.
6 Speed manual, Leather seats, hard lid.
To do list - Cat back exhaust, new wheels, new shock and front sway bar, and whatever else seems like a good idea

Old Ride
XR40RD - Phantom BA XR6
160 rear wheel killer wasps - Pacemakers - 3" HiFlo Cat - 2.5 Redback exhaust - 18" Speedy Graphite Rims - Dumped on King Superlows - Standard ICC with iPod cradle, 5x7" Boston Acoustics, 12 Alpine sub powered by 4 channel Alpine amp
[/SIZE]
BA Bakes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2005, 03:48 PM   #3
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Early Falcon Nationals on up there as well a Double header

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2005, 05:49 PM   #4
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Still in 2 minds, I had the Early Falc nats in my sights, this just makes it more attractive.

I feel a road trip coming on :eclipsee_

Early Falc Nats show & shine is on the Sunday, lucky I have Monday off work next week.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:36 PM   #5
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll be there but I'll be working
blownvn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2005, 11:01 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

Not sure yet but if i do get there you know what posters I will have wth me. I have already managed to get a few in there but I may have to go along and send some more!

Although, given what I know about the event Im a little curious to see how it all unfolds....
Old 13-10-2005, 10:45 AM   #7
big_pete
Sublime

ill be there, ive got a family friend entering the burnouts in his Blown XY (with gary myers old engine), so it should be a fun event.

will be interesting to see how it all turns out, it will be pretty dodgy at the showgrounds if you ask me.
and hopefully the ******** factor is down, as the cops will be EVERYWHERE!!!
Old 13-10-2005, 05:15 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pete
ill be there, ive got a family friend entering the burnouts in his Blown XY (with gary myers old engine), so it should be a fun event.
So of course you have told him about our show yes.....?!

Quote:
will be interesting to see how it all turns out, it will be pretty dodgy at the showgrounds if you ask me.
LOTS of politics involved in why it is there.

Quote:
and hopefully the ******** factor is down, as the cops will be EVERYWHERE!!!
GF's sister is in the job, she reckons theyve effectively doubled the numbers for the w/e.
Old 13-10-2005, 09:01 PM   #9
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura

Although, given what I know about the event Im a little curious to see how it all unfolds....

what do ya know?
Old 13-10-2005, 09:27 PM   #10
big_pete
Sublime

Quote:
So of course you have told him about our show yes.....?!
i havent spoken to him personally but i told someone to tell him ;)
not sure if he will be intown tho, but ill do ALL i can to get him there thats for sure.

ive noticed alot of nice cars getting about over the last couple of days, plus a few dickheads which is a pain.

what are the reasons for it being at the showground??
i just want this event to go as smoothly as possible - so it will come back next year.
Old 14-10-2005, 06:51 AM   #11
hambo_12

Quote:
GF's sister is in the job, she reckons theyve effectively doubled the numbers for the w/e.
I hope she's right, I wouldnt like it to turn into something like a mini summernats, but I can see it happening... :
Old 14-10-2005, 05:38 PM   #12
big_pete
Sublime

i just got back from the Home Tavern.
some Really nice cars down there, Brett stevens Burnout car and the Benn Gatt Zephyr parked on the street.
The Forza Motorsport cars, and a selection of really nice rods and street machines.

made my day
Old 14-10-2005, 09:45 PM   #13
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wasn't a bad little display was it?

Did you see my Purple Centura across the road?
Old 15-10-2005, 03:35 PM   #14
b2tf
not here much anymore

Just back from today and to be honest i expected it to be a LOT bigger. I think the price is keeping people away - I have trader passes so Im getting in for zip but having seen it I dont think I would pay $25 to get in.

I'll be back tomorrow though, also going to the Early Falcon Nationals as well.

For any forum members that do go to Revfest, go and see Rob at the Shannons Insurance Stand and tell him you're a member of fordforums.com.au, and that you'll be at our AFD!
Old 15-10-2005, 05:08 PM   #15
big_pete
Sublime

i didnt go today, i was planning to, but the price was too much, i will be there all day tommorow, and the program looks exactly the same so i dont think i will miss much - especially not $25 worth!

oh and talk about having a police presence, you couldnt drive 100metres without seeing a cop today!
Old 15-10-2005, 06:02 PM   #16
b2tf
not here much anymore

Pete I know what you mean. Was talking to a few of the plods today and they said theyre pretty well out in force.
There is a rumour going round in Revfest that the cops are aiming to impound 30 cars before the weekend is out - utter bs.
Old 15-10-2005, 06:48 PM   #17
big_pete
Sublime

i know of one car that got the full treatment and wasnt even in the event, just a local civic with mags and exhaust.
got done for cracked master brake cylinder and too loud (even though he had documents to prove it wasnt)

seemed a bit much, as the car isnt anything special or loud either.

all i know is im not driving tonight!
Old 16-10-2005, 08:15 AM   #18
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just back from today and to be honest i expected it to be a LOT bigger. I think the price is keeping people away - I have trader passes so Im getting in for zip but having seen it I dont think I would pay $25 to get in.

I'll be back tomorrow though, also going to the Early Falcon Nationals as well.

For any forum members that do go to Revfest, go and see Rob at the Shannons Insurance Stand and tell him you're a member of fordforums.com.au, and that you'll be at our AFD!
Which Revfest did you go to?

Man it was packed in there at around 1pm, I think it was a very good turn out for the first event. Today should be even bigger given that it's the finals for many of the driving events.

Cop attitudes this weekend have been unbelievable. I was too paranoid to drive anywhere other than from home to the show. I discovered a leak in my fuel tank yesterday and so I'm not tanking it today which is a relief really. The cops are going to get a blast from the organisers in my opinion. Mark has done nothing except jump every barrier they've place in front of him and consult with the police every step of the way and these Gestapo tactics are very poor form. We'll see what comes of this.
Old 16-10-2005, 10:12 AM   #19
b2tf
not here much anymore

Without taking sides I dont see what cops are doing wrong, if youve got nothing to hide there shouldnt be a problem should there?
You will always get a few bad ones among them but overall they seem to be doing alright.
Old 16-10-2005, 07:20 PM   #20
big_pete
Sublime

not a bad event i thought. i will post some photos later on.......
Old 16-10-2005, 07:33 PM   #21
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Without taking sides I dont see what cops are doing wrong, if youve got nothing to hide there shouldnt be a problem should there?
You will always get a few bad ones among them but overall they seem to be doing alright.
That's all well and good to say but that fact is the Police can defect any car if they have a mind to. Why not work with the organisers rather than against the organisers?

I thought they were overbearing compared to the summernats. At the summernats you can generally cruise around and as long as you're not doing anything silly then you'll be fine. In Wagga this weekend you were fair game if you were on the street (or even on a trailer) and I think that's wrong.

Was a good day today. Great burnouts (except for the magna) and great turnout.
Old 16-10-2005, 07:38 PM   #22
b2tf
not here much anymore

well Ill agree to disagree with you on the whole cop thing. I have P plates and big wheels on the Focus and didnt get touched once. Yes I know its not an overly exciting car but youd think that the P plates would make me an instant target.

Burnouts were good, how good was the EH at the very end - the firies were going to take the keys off him at the end I think!
Also had a good laugh at the dark grey VN SS that did its engine in while doing the burnout.
Got some good pics of the display cars but none of the burnouts.

Anyone get crowd/gate takings figures?
Old 16-10-2005, 07:53 PM   #23
BA Bakes
It's Cat huntin season...

I went a checked it out on saturday, i throught is was fairly good for a first time event. I think the burnout pad needs to be a tad bigger tho.
I missed that sh!##ing magna tho, would have been a good laught. Over at the dyno they where looking for a 6 cyclinder n/a to run it the class, they only had a manga run, probably the same one. Was so tempted to get the XR and give it a run.

XRB055 - Black BA MkII XR8 Ute.
6 Speed manual, Leather seats, hard lid.
To do list - Cat back exhaust, new wheels, new shock and front sway bar, and whatever else seems like a good idea

Old Ride
XR40RD - Phantom BA XR6
160 rear wheel killer wasps - Pacemakers - 3" HiFlo Cat - 2.5 Redback exhaust - 18" Speedy Graphite Rims - Dumped on King Superlows - Standard ICC with iPod cradle, 5x7" Boston Acoustics, 12 Alpine sub powered by 4 channel Alpine amp
[/SIZE]
BA Bakes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 10:54 PM   #24
b2tf
not here much anymore

pics....

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....429#post365429
Old 17-10-2005, 10:50 AM   #25
hambo_12

Quote:

Thanks Aust, shame I didnt see you there!
Old 17-10-2005, 04:35 PM   #26
b2tf
not here much anymore

Hehe, I was there but behind the scenes a bit, spent a fair bit of time chasing Fords for the show and talking to the guys at Ingrams and Shannons.

Was there both days in the afternoon. Doesnt matter mate, you will see me at the big show on Nov 5! Apparently some crazy bugger is organising a big Ford show in Wagga for that day!