Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-10-2005, 06:57 PM   #1
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Default Q.L.D. Rego

What is the diffrence in rego laws from QLD from VIC ..

I have some one what wants to buy my EL and they are in QLD
So i will drive the car up there and Change rego over...then what to get a Road Worthy .While im there ??

Can some 1 from QLD or VIC that has done this before please tell me what im in for ??

Cheers
Swanny

trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 07:13 PM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

i know to register a car in another owners name in QLd you must supply a current RWC.. unless you sell the car 'as is'

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 07:19 PM   #3
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Your rego can not be transfered. It must be handed back with the plates and you get a refund.
To register in QLD you must get a Certificate of Inspection(RWC) and pay rego at Qld Transport, and they will give you the plates.
Hope this helps!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 07:48 PM   #4
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Is the RWC the same rules up there as is here ?
Im going to do a RWcheck here so i fix anything that wrong with it
here but more to the point is there diffrent Laws / Condition from 1 state to the next ..
I know there is Diffrent laws from 1 state to the next and a RWC from VIC dose not count up there .
I just dont want to drive up there and be told that there is something wrong with
it that i could have fixed here before going . thats why i was just going to get a Check
done here first before the travel there .
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post