Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #31
V8 6I

Default Re: VIP transport and being a cheauffer

I suppose the worst thing is you could be seen in a Holden on TV,The best thing would be if you had to go to court you can always say you did volunteer work.
V8 6I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #32
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
End of the day, only you can make the decision that's right, but I say go for it - you only live once. And it's not always about getting cash for something - If anything, I think the experience would be well worth it, it looks good on resumes and you never know what these kinds of things can lead to.

Good luck!
That's pretty much how I'm looking at it as well. I've got nothing to lose and its only for 11 days, I have to enquire with my employer if they'll let me go though.

Some good stories here though! Interesting! No idea on what sort of cars - I'd say they will probably partner with either Toyota or Hyundai for people mover and SUV type cars and probably Holden for LWB limo type work.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #33
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
That's pretty much how I'm looking at it as well. I've got nothing to lose and its only for 11 days, I have to enquire with my employer if they'll let me go though.

Some good stories here though! Interesting! No idea on what sort of cars - I'd say they will probably partner with either Toyota or Hyundai for people mover and SUV type cars and probably Holden for LWB limo type work.
If you have to sit and wait anywhere you'll have time to finish Angry Birds!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #34
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

If you after some experience in that field than what you are saying is right the training and this work will look good on a resume and help you get a job as a driver, but obviously it will be work for free and it will just be the **** kickers you will be transporting but as long as you go in with your eyes open you will be sweet, and might even get access to a few parties or something.

Dress and present yourself well, and try to be proper sir madam etc with people even if they are just a **** kicker

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #35
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT

If you did that you would have a AFP Glock in the side of your head before you could say Yeehaa. They would also do a lot more than just sack you, locked up at the pleasure of the Governor General comes to mind. Besides no volunteer would ever drive the queen around.
Under what laws would you be imprisoned, God some people talk some ****.
StrokedXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #36
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokedXT
Under what laws would you be imprisoned, God some people talk some ****.
Treason, Public Nuisence, Attempted Murder, Hooning.....

Just some that come immediately to mind.

Locked up with the key thrown away.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post