Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-10-2005, 02:43 PM   #61
nang3

i reckon apart from the overall similar coupe shape, front on it looks fairly similar.. mainly the front quarter/flared wheel guards..

nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 03:11 PM   #62
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But aren't a lot of you guys starting to get sick of this whole rice scene? I certainly am. There are not so many cars coming out of Japan that i really like nowadays. The only good part of this car is the rear. But overall it is another 350Z. I reckoin there are better cars that come out of Japan. Personally the best one which ever came out was the Honda NSX :sm_drool:.

Does anyone know how much this one roughly will be worth when it comes out? Is it also a definite that it will be comeing to Australia?
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 04:07 PM   #63
nang3

mate i think there is a bit of a difference between R32/33/34 GTR, this new GTR, 350Z and similar compared to the RIce you are talking about .. to me Rice = neons, massive exhaust, towel rack spoilers, mugen/vtec stickers and basically a lot of show but SFA go.. imagine a stock honda civic with chrome as fook mags, air filter and lots of neon and 5" cannon exhaust..

Of course the NSX is going to be better than a 350Z, its easily double the price..
Old 21-10-2005, 04:17 PM   #64
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nang3
mate i think there is a bit of a difference between R32/33/34 GTR, this new GTR, 350Z and similar compared to the RIce you are talking about .. to me Rice = neons, massive exhaust, towel rack spoilers, mugen/vtec stickers and basically a lot of show but SFA go.. imagine a stock honda civic with chrome as fook mags, air filter and lots of neon and 5" cannon exhaust..

Of course the NSX is going to be better than a 350Z, its easily double the price..
I'll rephrase it as i may not be to clear. I didn't mean comparing the NSX to a 350Z, as I understand perfectly that the 350Z falls into a different league. I ment, the NSX is a better car over the Skyline GTR, or whatever this one is to be called. I think its also the fact that for so long all i would see was a Skyline, and it just got too much by the end. Especially when one of my mates went out and bought one and then got his second. I prefer cars that are rare and not many others have, because its stands out more at the end of the day.
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 05:18 PM   #65
nang3

yeh mate i see what your saying, but how many genuine GTR's either 32/33/ or 34 do you see around your area??
round here i'd see maybe one 32 or 33 a week, and a 34 maybe once every month or two if that..
Yeh the NSX is a great car, i dont like the look of the latest model though, and i would still take a Ztune Nismo R34 over one anyday.. but thats me and i have different tastes - im the only guy out of my mates who reckon Aniston is hotter than Jolie as well hahaha
Old 21-10-2005, 05:20 PM   #66
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
but thats me and i have different tastes - im the only guy out of my mates who reckon Aniston is hotter than Jolie as well hahaha
: you are mental... Jolie is well and truly better than Aniston. You need your head read. :
Old 21-10-2005, 05:32 PM   #67
nang3

haha thats what everyone says, but i just cant see the massive attraction !!!

maybe its subconscious jealousy because my ex-gf who used to bat for the other team always had a crush on her hahaha... but nah i just dont see it..
And yes i have a 100% unblemished record of staunch hetereosexuality ........ to quote G.C. hehe
I reckon Charlize Theron is waaaaaaaaay better than the both of them
Old 22-10-2005, 12:20 AM   #68
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

After seeing this the other day I thought WTF have they done, but now I don't mind it so much. The more I look at it the more it looks way different to a 350Z.

But I still think the best ever Skyline is the R34 GT-R. I would sell my soul to the devil to be able to own a R34 GT-R Z Tune. They just look nuts and I would imagine handle brilliantly.

I don't know why people bag Skylines/Jap cars. Half the people that do probably have never driven a Japanese performance car. They are so very different to Aussie cars. I just think that if you don't at least drive them you are missing out badly. Why be blindly loyal to one style/brand of car? BORING! I am an enthusiast, I want to try driving all styles of car.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2005, 06:07 AM   #69
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i reckon apart from the overall similar coupe shape, front on it looks fairly similar.. mainly the front quarter/flared wheel guards..

First impressions, bloody hell they look similar. Anyway, its still bloody beautiful... :