Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Anyone tried the Petrol with Ethanol fuel, is it any good?
I've used it and it works. Recommended 12 33.33%
I've heard it works. 5 13.89%
It's no good, I've used it. Don't touch it. 6 16.67%
It's no good, from what I've heard. 7 19.44%
Stick with Premium Unleaded 11 30.56%
Caused problems with my car. 3 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-10-2005, 10:44 AM   #61
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the first day i ran E10, my transmission broke!!! That sucked! Must of been the Ethanol! Well i keep running E10 Also my air conditioning does not seem to be pumping out cold air anymore... COuld that be cos of the ethanol?
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 01:28 PM   #62
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I filled up on it one evening on my way home, the next morning I got a flat tyre...
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 01:39 PM   #63
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Next door neighbours tail pipe fell of the Commodore, said it was definitely the E10 that she filled up with last week :
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 03:01 PM   #64
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As has been mentioned previously - there is a very good street machine article in this month's edition on E10.

And again it has been stated - it is an oxygenated fuel - you will need to burn more to make the same power.

Street machine suggested if running in a carby'ed engine - to increase jet sizes and re-calibrate your timing with whatever advance you can run without pinging.

That also explains why the people on here who have used it on EFI engines are seeing the benefit because their computer adjusts the tune for them.

Can anyone tell me where it is sold in Brisbane?? Im keen to try it.
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 04:35 PM   #65
The Monty
Just slidin'

I filled up on Elite98 today from freedom fuels. My car actually seems to be running a bit smoother but I am a sceptic so Ill keep you informed. Also my mums been using the shell 95 octane one in her forte, and it seems to be running really well to. Just my thoughts. Also, did anyone see the ACA, or TT( I know I know) and they tested reg, premium, E5 & E10? The Premium ran out first, Regular second, E5 third and supprisingly, E10 last. It lasted like half as much again as premium. I dont understand really understand it, so I cant pass judgement on it. Also, emisions are supposed to be alot better as well. Well, we'll see.
Old 13-10-2005, 09:02 PM   #66
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep
Next door neighbours tail pipe fell of the Commodore, said it was definitely the E10 that she filled up with last week :
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
I filled up on it one evening on my way home, the next morning I got a flat tyre...
LOL you guys crack me up. Funnily enough I went to refill this arvo on Boost 98..... but the pump was fudged and fuel was trickling at a rate of .2L per second. 2 mins of pump time gave me $4.80 of fuel. In fact I dont reckon any fuel was coming through and got ripped off.... there goes last week's savings on E10.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 08:30 PM   #67
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny how quickly the tune changes......wonder who is dishing/receiving the big bucks....

http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...401279581.html

Car giants back ethanol-blended petrol
October 19, 2005 - 6:22AM

The car industry has thrown its weight behind ethanol-blended petrol.

Carmakers will tell drivers from next year that petrol blended with 10 per cent ethanol, known as E10, is safe for vehicles and will not affect warranties.

The message will be placed on every petrol-cap flap from January, it was reported today.

The backflip follows a series of meetings between cabinet ministers and the chief executives of Ford, Holden, Toyota and Mitsubishi.

Industry Minister Ian Macfarlane said he would urge international carmakers to consider using E10 labelling for cars imported into Australia.

- AAP

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 08:48 PM   #68
jason_85

Went to use it once but was the same price as normal fuel, and it says fuel economy may be worse, so i thought whats the point of using it!
jason_85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 09:49 PM   #69
TTXPC

Gimme Gimme when are we gettign e85, add some timing add some boost add some compression all at once if you like. As long as you tune for it (read previous centence). Current formulations in the states have no fuel system issues even in vehicles not designed for it. The closest thing to methanol at the "pump" without all the disadvantages, yes please.
Mmm sounds perfect for blowthrough apps......
TTXPC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 07:52 AM   #70
The Monty
Just slidin'

Wellmy first tank of it is finished. Car still running, no flat tyres, exhaust pipe still on and 630 ks to the tank. The car seems to be running just as well, maybe a little smoother and I didnt seem to get any worse fuel economy, if not a little better than ultimate. Thats my two cents, I have to go fill up again today, and I think Ill use the same stuff again.
Old 29-10-2005, 05:35 AM   #71
ssrevhead
BA XR8 + VN SS = Confused

By mid November us lucky Sydney residents will be able to buy 100 octane E10 at the pump and i can't wait to try it. It will be a mix of 98 PULP and 10% Ethanol.
Giddy Up.
Wish i could say more.
ssrevhead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 01:26 PM   #72
BF MKII UTE

for those of us that can't afford or justify buying a "BRAND NEW" car when it is time to upgrade, we will never know what the previous owners had run it on.
I have mixed feelings on the E10 - due to lack of knowledge on the stuff.

Keep an eye in the trader for the new selling point......
Ford Falcon, A1 mech, sunroof,cd player and never used E10.
BF MKII UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 03:47 PM   #73
The Monty
Just slidin'

Just finished my second tank, I got 660. How I have been working it out is I drive till the 80k's left warning, check how many K's Ive done, and add 40 Ks, because that last 80 goes really fast.
Old 29-10-2005, 04:16 PM   #74
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Tried it in a smaller car (Toyota Echo) and got close to 500km to a tank of suburban driving. Pretty impressed, think ill try uit again.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 04:56 PM   #75
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 626
for those of us that can't afford or justify buying a "BRAND NEW" car when it is time to upgrade, we will never know what the previous owners had run it on.
I have mixed feelings on the E10 - due to lack of knowledge on the stuff.

Keep an eye in the trader for the new selling point......
Ford Falcon, A1 mech, sunroof,cd player and never used E10.
If you saw the news all 3 cars manuf in au said their cars will be safe running this fuel. Have a look for a thread i started a few days back, in the states they have E85. 85% ethanoil and 15% fuel, one guy has run his 11oorwhp daily driven mustang on it for 9 months with NO PROBLEMS as a test.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 07:15 PM   #76
distortion

well all i can say is this mix fuel stuff is great. my car has never driven so smooth and responsive. i have no idea why as ive only filled it up the last 3 fills with this ethanol stuff, but my car seems to love it. whether it was just the weather or what not is yet to be seen...
distortion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 09:13 PM   #77
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Sorry Im too slack to read all the post's but I hear the Boost 98 is good stuff. Even the 95 is better than any premium 98. It seems to work well in the turbo and super charged cars. Once my ute is back on road I will be using it. I will even do a dyno comparision..

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT