Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-10-2005, 08:07 PM   #1
get_bonked
XG UTE

Default Dev5 Performance

Does anyone else have a DEV 5 motor running a manual in a ute. If so what times are you running down the 1/4 and what sort of power are you putting out on the dyno?

94 XG Falcon ute. Phantom mica, bonnet scoop, lowered peddars suspension, 17" chrome quake mags, JMM DEV 5 kit, 2.5" exhaust and JMM extractors, minispool, XR6 ECU, autometer gauges, full pioneer stereo, 2x 10" subs, 2x 6x9 speakers. HAULS **** for a six and beats most eights. What more could you want?
get_bonked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 03:01 AM   #2
Walkinshaw
Two > One

soxx ran 14.4's in his XH ute. JMM have got 14.1's from their ute (not sure if its a dev5)

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 05:48 PM   #3
5speedeb
now with 3.73 lsd

yeah its a dev 5
5speedeb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 01:01 AM   #4
AUFairmont
HSV, I just ate one

this in LPG ????
AUFairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 07:23 PM   #5
5speedeb
now with 3.73 lsd

no lpg in the ute
5speedeb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 10:41 PM   #6
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
soxx ran 14.4's in his XH ute.
He had drama's getting the car off the line if I remember right. Apparently a sedan would do better due to the suspension set up.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 11:10 PM   #7
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
He had drama's getting the car off the line if I remember right. Apparently a sedan would do better due to the suspension set up.
Very true.
My XH had very stiff rear springs for carrying heavy loads, it also had Bilstein shocks.
Basically it just didn't want to squat at all, it had no weight transfer, add to that the tires weren't there best, it was a a fairly lousy combination for good launches.
60' times reflected that, but a 14.4 was still fairly decent considering.

Rick.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:49 PM   #8
get_bonked
XG UTE

Mine has heavy suspension in the **** of it too but i will have slicks on so hopefully i'll get the best possible time providing i don't break anything.

I ran i street tyres ages ago and had absolutely no traction and the track wasn't prepped so all i got was flat 15s. That was also with the standard ECU too. The XR6 one makes a HUGE difference. If i get 14.7s ill be satisfied. Anything more and i will be over the moon.
94 XG Falcon ute. Phantom mica, bonnet scoop, lowered peddars suspension, 17" chrome quake mags, JMM DEV 5 kit, 2.5" exhaust and JMM extractors, minispool, XR6 ECU, autometer gauges, full pioneer stereo, 2x 10" subs, 2x 6x9 speakers. HAULS **** for a six and beats most eights. What more could you want?
get_bonked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post