Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #31
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 
Default Re: Stripes down middle of FG XR6?

The official FPV line for stripes was horizontal stripes gave a widening affect whilst vertical stripes gave a narrowing affect. They eventually did both but kept the vertical stripes for the anniversary specials and seem to keep the horizontal ones for the everyday cars.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #32
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it is what you want go for it.

But I do think your trying to make it into a commodore. Jokes.

http://jhp.com.au/holdenve/ExteriorA..._stripes-h.jpg
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #33
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Do what you want.

I cant see why people carry on like idiots and think the only V8's should be modified.

I absolutely hate the "elitist" posturing carried out but people on this site (mainly BA owners...not sure...) who seem to regard any XR6 with a bulge, GT kit or stripes as a fail, or rice spec.

They seem to live with a tunnel vision, in where they assume that owning a GT or XR8 or whatever it the only option, without considering other factors in car ownership.

Like P-platers lucky enough to own a new ford, the cant have V8's, and i see no problem in there car having the visual appeal of a GT. Similar with people who cant fork out the initial outlay, and insurance on performance models.

There should be no shame give to those who wish to visually modify their cars to there choosing. Not everyone can own a performance car.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #34
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Do what you want.

I cant see why people carry on like idiots and think the only V8's should be modified.

I absolutely hate the "elitist" posturing carried out but people on this site (mainly BA owners...not sure...) who seem to regard any XR6 with a bulge, GT kit or stripes as a fail, or rice spec.

They seem to live with a tunnel vision, in where they assume that owning a GT or XR8 or whatever it the only option, without considering other factors in car ownership.

Like P-platers lucky enough to own a new ford, the cant have V8's, and i see no problem in there car having the visual appeal of a GT. Similar with people who cant fork out the initial outlay, and insurance on performance models.

There should be no shame give to those who wish to visually modify their cars to there choosing. Not everyone can own a performance car.
it looks try hard..
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #35
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nikked I agree with most of what your saying. I can understand that not everyone can own fpvs and the like (I certainly can't) but at the same time there are too many "copies" out there. I'm all for putting stripes/decals etc as long as your not sticking fpv stickers or fpv/turbo/v8 badges all over a car that doesn't have those things.
There's a fine line with using these items and as long as people do it properly than fpvs will keep there value as u can tell the genuine apart from the fakes
My 2c
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post