Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-07-2011, 08:15 AM   #91
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FORD To Introduce Capped Price Servicing from July 1st..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Try another dealer. I have one that is grossly overpriced. Then I have the one that I use that's cheaper (and a lot more competent) then the Ultratune around here.
The Ford dealership about 100km away in Emerald has closed, but the Ultratune there is a very good one. I might consider them next time. The Ford dealer in Rockhampton so far seems to be a good one, but money talks and if Ultratune does a good deal we'll be taking it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB
You'll still be in the capped price servicing scheme, it applies to ALL vehicles built since 2007.
Really? Have to ask about that...I imagine it only counts for cars actually purchased after 1st July...we bought ours new back in March.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #92
martyal44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Please tell me what's wrong with Magnatec? Is it never used by say Ultratune? If a Ford's an everyday drive and even pushed hard what is the issue with Magnatec? Is it ever used by dealerships?
martyal44 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #93
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I listen to a u.k radio station all day and they have an add for capped price servicing at 99pounds. However they also include 1yrs roadside assistance and it is for cars that are 3yrs or older.

Maybe ford australia should look at doing that.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #94
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK, so the OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE I just posted in another thread was closed...

Here is the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM FORD

It was announced OFFICIALLY about 20 min ago

Quote:
Ford Introduces Capped Price Servicing For All Models

* myFord Capped Price Servicingis available for Ford vehicles built from 2007 and up to six years or 105,000km, whichever occurs first
* The program also offers 12 months myFord Standard Roadside Assistance for retail and small business customers for eligible vehicles
* myFord Capped Price Servicinghas an integrated Ford website that not only provides customers with the maximum price for an individual service at participating authorised Ford dealers but also reinforces the value proposition across the whole range

Ford Australia is providing customers with peace of mind by introducing capped price servicing on its vehicles.

In a Ford Australia first, myFord Capped Price Servicingis available on all Ford vehicles built from 2007 and up to six years or 105,000km – whichever occurs first.

The program means Ford owners will know with certainty the maximum amount they will pay from one logbook service to the next, no matter which participating Ford dealer they use. It is designed to reinforce the value proposition that servicing a vehicle with a Ford dealer represents great value for money.

For example, the maximum amount a customer who owns an FG Falcon six-cylinder would pay at a participating dealer for a A (minor) logbook service (15,000, 30,000, 60,000, 75,000 or 105,000 km) is $255, which includes 12 months myFord Roadside Assistance (RRP $90). Given many Ford vehicles have 12 month/15,000 km service intervals, this represents fantastic value for money.

Customers will also be able to check out in full myFord Capped Price Servicingterms and conditions at the integrated website www.ford.com.au/myfordcps. The website not only provides customers with the maximum price for an individual service at a participating authorized Ford dealer but also reinforces the value proposition across the whole range, from Fiesta right through to the Falcon FPV, Ranger and Transit.

Vehicles eligible include:

* Fiesta – WQ, WS, WT
* Focus – LS, LT, LV, LVII
* Mondeo – MA, MB, MC
* Falcon – BF, BF FPV, BF MkII, BF MkII FPV, BF MkIII, FG, FG FPV
* Escape – ZD, ZC
* Econovan - JH
* Territory – SY, SY F6X, SY MkII
* Ranger – PJ, PK
* Transit – VM

Ford Australia General Manager, Customer Service Division, Stephen Kruk, said Ford dealers and customers welcomed the program.

"The service industry is changing at a rapid pace and more manufacturers are embracing the concept of capped price servicing," Kruk said. "To reinforce the value of trust, customers now expect this level of certainty from our dealers."

myFord Capped Price Servicing is an important strategy that fits well with the company's overall "Feel the Difference" brand message, he said.

Ford Australia worked hard with its national dealer network to develop the program, Kruk said.

"From the outset, it was designed to be transparent and easy to understand," Kruk said. "myFord Capped Price Servicingis an important element in reinforcing the value proposition that servicing with a Ford dealer represents. Ford dealers use genuine Ford parts as part of the logbook service and only Ford dealers use Ford-designed diagnostic equipment, and have technicians who undertake training from Ford Motor Company specifically designed for Ford vehicles. All of this is designed to build certainty and trust."

As part of the programthe records from all logbook services undertaken by a Ford dealer will be recorded in the Ford computer system. This will allow all dealers to view on line the logbook service history irrespective of which authorised Ford dealer serviced the vehicle.

"Continuing to service your vehicle within the Ford network adds value to your vehicle," Kruk said. "It also means that even if you lose your service book, our Ford dealers will be able to access your service history if it has been completed in the Ford network."

Such security is important both for Ford owners and future prospective customers, he said.

"Imagine not having a full service history when it came to trade-in time? With our system, once your service record is entered into the Ford computer system, our customers – and any future Ford customer buying that vehicle - will have peace of mind that Ford has a log of the vehicle's service history."

This information is only available to Ford dealers.

"Finally, if for some reason your vehicle requires upgrading because of an outstanding campaign or recall, only Ford dealers have the computer systems, equipment and training to complete and record this as part of the logbook service."

Details of myFord Capped Price Servicing for each scheduled service up to 105,000km is available at www.ford.com.au/myfordcps, or alternatively customers can contact participating authorised Ford dealers
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #95
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts
at your job what would half a days pay cost you?
Genuine costs more than home brand, ask your wife when she does the shopping.
Do you even like fords? or are you a holden man that just wants every ford dealership to go out of business
About $400-500 give or take...but thats not relevant.

I use genuine filter, purchased from a ford dealer at trade. AFL73.
Martini racing Oil via my brother in law or Penrite if not if im slack and he's not availiable. Castrol coolant. Castrol transmax z, nulon brake fluid and synth diff oil... No home brandcrap here either. Nor the pantry either, FWIW.

Dealer services 15k, 30k, 45k, and 60k I supply oil, 30k last svc cost me $175, they stamp the book. I do Interim svc every 5k. incl oil filter and other fluids.

I have owned fords all my life, never once a holden. never have never wil.
Never had issues with warranty claims, but then againI'm nice and friendly to the svc manager and not a smart @r5e
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #96
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe it's still for cars purchased after the 1st July though as far as I can see...it's not retrospective for cars bought prior to that date, but covers new and second hand cars (up to a certain age and kilometers) bought after that date. If they didn't, it would lose them an enormous amount of money I would think.

The Terms and Conditions at Ford say:
Quote:
Eligibility Period means the period commencing at the Ford Express New Vehicle Warranty Start Date and expiring at the earlier of:
(a) six years from the Ford Express New Vehicle Warranty Start Date,
(b) when the aggregate distance travelled by the vehicle reaches 105,000km

Eligible Vehicles means all Ford Vehicles built from 2007 as defined in these Terms and Conditions...
So when you read that, it is a bit vague...it could indeed mean "every car made up to the age and kilometer limit".

I'll be asking about it tomorrow morning though...the dealership has a lot of friendly people there and a quiet word might do wonders.

I'll let you know what happens...
Old 04-07-2011, 01:18 PM   #97
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds nice, and finally great that Ford have gone down this path.

However, for me as an existing owner with an FPV vehicle, these services are way over priced. Upto $200 in some cases.

Firstly the fixed price is more expensive than I've ever paid in the past.

And some of the items listed in my service schedule, and were on the job card, are now excluded or optional at an additonal cost.

I suppose a good move for new owners who don't know better, but for an existing owner like me, it gives me more reason to continue doing my own servicing.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #98
Dave3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
I believe it's still for cars purchased after the 1st July though as far as I can see...it's not retrospective for cars bought prior to that date, but covers new and second hand cars (up to a certain age and kilometers) bought after that date. If they didn't, it would lose them an enormous amount of money I would think.

The Terms and Conditions at Ford say:

So when you read that, it is a bit vague...it could indeed mean "every car made up to the age and kilometer limit".

I'll be asking about it tomorrow morning though...the dealership has a lot of friendly people there and a quiet word might do wonders.

I'll let you know what happens...
I've just read the Ts&Cs and it doesn't seem vague to me at all. Nor can I find any reference to having to have bought the vehicle after July 1st.

Plain and simpe if you have a vehicle built from 2007 and less than 105k, you can use the CPS system. It also maxes out at 6 years, regardless of if you have done 105k or not.

To quote it again:
Quote:
Eligibility Period means the period commencing at the Ford Express New Vehicle Warranty Start Date and expiring at the earlier of:
(a) six years from the Ford Express New Vehicle Warranty Start Date,
(b) when the aggregate distance travelled by the vehicle reaches 105,000km

Eligible Vehicles means all Ford Vehicles built from 2007 as defined in these Terms and Conditions and specifically excludes:
(a) privately imported vehicles;
(b) 'grey import' vehicles, i.e. vehicles imported other than through authorised Ford channels for the purpose of resale
Simple really.

Where are you getting the 1st of July thing from?
Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #99
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When they said "from July the first", I assumed that meant the system started on, well, "July the first". I also thought it would probably apply to vehicles bought after that date. Maybe that isn't the case?

Honestly though, if I hadn't seen it on this forum, I'd have never heard about it and just paid whatever they asked me to tomorrow, even if we do qualify. I never saw any advertising about it up here...
Old 04-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #100
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Having a better look at it, I suppose 'Cap' means its the maximum you can be charged...

I have found the Nissan guide very handy, in working out my budget for my next purchase...and anecdotal evidence on other forums shows most people are paying under the cap...

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #101
Peterwl

It will be interesting to see if this Ford Cap ( which I see as a Minimum ) will make my Ford Dealership extended Warranty redundant ?

The Ford Dealer extended warranty fixed service cost is $175. This again is a basic cost.

If you need a brake fluid change, coolant change etc. this looks like it is an extra to both "Capped Service Costs"

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
2002 VX II Commodore Equipe 3.8 Auto
Peterwl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #102
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't get too excited yet...

I just dropped our G6E off at Ford in Rockhampton for it's 15,000 service, and asked about the new fixed price servicing.
I was told that, for a start, Ford hasn't sent out any details at all yet on how it will work to the dealers, and even then (as I suspected all along) it's only going to be for cars bought after the first of July. They weren't even aware of the "official" start date for the system yet, or any pricing involved.

So, from what I was told, yes, it is for cars up to a certain age within a certain kilometer level, however, they have to have been purchased after the "start date" of the system, so if you bought your car on, say, the 31st of June, tough luck...I couldn't see them doing themselves out of all the money they would have made on the services yet to come on the tens of thousands of cars sold since 2007 by just including everyone no matter when they purchased...

Sorry about that.

Last edited by 2011G6E; 05-07-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #103
prydey
Rob

Quote:
I couldn't see them doing themselves out of all the money they would have made on the services yet to come on the tens of thousands of cars sold since 2007 by just including everyone no matter when they purchased...

Sorry about that.
not sure what you mean by that. my last service was $180 (60k). others have also indicated that their current servicing costs are lower than the new fixed price cost.

i think it works better if you just build up a good relationship with your dealer.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #104
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
not sure what you mean by that. my last service was $180 (60k). others have also indicated that their current servicing costs are lower than the new fixed price cost.

i think it works better if you just build up a good relationship with your dealer.

You're probably quite right...
Old 05-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #105
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts
every cent
so what ford dealership do you own??
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #106
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Don't get too excited yet...

I just dropped our G6E off at Ford in Rockhampton for it's 15,000 service, and asked about the new fixed price servicing.
I was told that, for a start, Ford hasn't sent out any details at all yet on how it will work to the dealers, and even then (as I suspected all along) it's only going to be for cars bought after the first of July. They weren't even aware of the "official" start date for the system yet, or any pricing involved.

So, from what I was told, yes, it is for cars up to a certain age within a certain kilometer level, however, they have to have been purchased after the "start date" of the system, so if you bought your car on, say, the 31st of June, tough luck...I couldn't see them doing themselves out of all the money they would have made on the services yet to come on the tens of thousands of cars sold since 2007 by just including everyone no matter when they purchased...

Sorry about that.
I'm sorry mate, but that information you've been given is totally incorrect. I suggest you call Ford CRC for further info, but it's for vehicles built and sold any time after 2007. That dealer is obviously trying to fool you out of the CPS.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #107
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB
I'm sorry mate, but that information you've been given is totally incorrect. I suggest you call Ford CRC for further info, but it's for vehicles built and sold any time after 2007. That dealer is obviously trying to fool you out of the CPS.
Yes, that's what I took from reading the terms and conditions online, and also having a quick squiz at a desktop stand-up advertising card about the new system. it too didn't set out anything except "up to 7 years old and 105,000km" or something...nothing at all about when it was purchased.

I did ring Ford information...and spoke to someone in India, thanks Ford Australia...and they didn't seem to know much at all about it. Very confused as to who was and wasn't covered.

The guy I spoke to at the dealership didn't seem to know much about it either, but I only paid a bit over $260 for the service, so maybe the computer knew more about what's going on than the people at the dealership....
Old 05-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #108
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CRC are based in Melbourne funnily enough, perhaps it was just an Indian you spoke to there...

Dealers were all sent out quite detailed information about the scheme and how it works (quite some time ago I might add), I know this because I've read it. So either they didn't bother to read it, or they are just trying to deliberately confuse people into thinking they are ineligible - it can really only be one or the other.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 11:13 AM   #109
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
The guy I spoke to at the dealership didn't seem to know much about it either, but I only paid a bit over $260 for the service, so maybe the computer knew more about what's going on than the people at the dealership....
As chief engineer Scotty would say: "Computer's don't lie".
Old 06-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #110
XWGT