Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default bloody cheek

we have one of these "loyalty" card thingys from bakers delight....a small bakery outlet that is common in south Australia.....possibly interstate I dont know

anyway everytime one makes a purchase the card is stamped with the aim of a free loaf of bread when the card is full

called in tonight to grab my freebie after loyally bringing the card along only to be told that I must spend $6 in order to obtain my free loaf of bread

ripped off I thought.....told the owner where to place the card and walked across the aisle to coles and bought a fresh loaf for $3

I dont like the big supermarkets but I dont want to be ripped off either.....wheres my free loaf of bread

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Torment47
Mr Hoon

Default Re: bloody cheek

I love the Pink coconut finger buns! ....mmmmmmmm
Torment47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

The $3 loaf tastes crap compared to that $6 bundle of joy

Cheers
Gargamel
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
Torment47
Mr Hoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
The $3 loaf tastes crap compared to that $6 bundle of joy

Cheers
Gargamel
HAHAHAHA, that depends if it's Home brand?
Old 19-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah! I know and I will buy again from the baker tomorrow, coles bread is crap.......but I just thought it was a bit cheeky asking me to purchase $6 worth of goods to receive my "free" loaf of bread

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 19-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #6
Torment47
Mr Hoon

still i wouldn't have told them to shuv it, i would have complained/written a letter to bigger management and they would have just given you what you asked for .... they do it just to shut us up.
Old 19-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #7
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I'm thinking pretty cheeky myself. You'd think a loyalty program would be made complete when you bought the required amount of loaves, not a buy one get one free deal.

I'd think that the shock of having to purchase $6 worth of goods would undo the goodwill they're trying to foster with the loyalty program. I'm the sort of person that would have told them they'd just lost a customer.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothing in life is free lol
Always terms and conditions with any kind of "freebie", most of the time it's not worth it
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #9
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Was there any 'fine print' on the card saying the conditions of the freebie?

If not, I would have argued for it. Then again, it's a loaf of bread in the end, but it's the principle of the matter.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #10
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I'm thinking pretty cheeky myself. You'd think a loyalty program would be made complete when you bought the required amount of loaves, not a buy one get one free .
I agree. At my local coffee shop where I get my morning brew, I purchased one of their travel mugs for my trip in each morning to work. I have a nespesso maker at home so i wanted a mug to use in the car. Found out by using it to refill at the cafe, they give you a 50c discount everytime you take the mug back for a refill. No strings, just a loyalty thing. Which is a nice surprise.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
GTB 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Poor public relations poppa smurf ie someone might complain on a public forum!!!!!????
Good on you!!!
GTB 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2012, 05:46 AM   #12
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I'm thinking pretty cheeky myself. You'd think a loyalty program would be made complete when you bought the required amount of loaves, not a buy one get one free deal.

I'd think that the shock of having to purchase $6 worth of goods would undo the goodwill they're trying to foster with the loyalty program. I'm the sort of person that would have told them they'd just lost a customer.
Ditto , I like you am one of those people who have principles and stick to them .
Old 20-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #13
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Find a real bakery! Buying bread from bakers delight is like buying a hamburger from McDonald's.
Buy a bread maker and do your own from a packet mix...,same thing.
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #14
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf
we have one of these "loyalty" card thingys from bakers delight....a small bakery outlet that is common in south Australia.....possibly interstate I dont know

anyway everytime one makes a purchase the card is stamped with the aim of a free loaf of bread when the card is full

called in tonight to grab my freebie after loyally bringing the card along only to be told that I must spend $6 in order to obtain my free loaf of bread

ripped off I thought.....told the owner where to place the card and walked across the aisle to coles and bought a fresh loaf for $3

I dont like the big supermarkets but I dont want to be ripped off either.....wheres my free loaf of bread
Look at the enhancers and additives in that loaf , bet you wont eat thier stuff again , baiscally flavoured sawdust with some toxins added
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #15
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well I reward my customers with discounts.....heavy for pensioners, .....up to half price and in some cases free, ....I pick up their gear and drop it off free of charge, most are old and not real flash driving .......

I give 10% for regulars as well as a 10% "early payment".....I pickup and drop off as well as disassemble, sharpen then reassemble and adjust the machinery so as to make it as easy as possible on the owner

I now have 3rd generation folk coming into my workshop getting gear sharpened and having a yak.......THATS how I do business

I could see no "fine print"....I assumed the card was to be taken as face value

buy "X" amount from the store, get the card stamped....when card is full present card....get free loaf of bread.....simple

there were a couple of others at the counter who immediately expressed their anger as well so it wasn't just me

I picked up another loaf of bread this morning and a couple of buns for smoko.....

I didn't make a scene nor raise my voice then nor this morning,.....thats not my way.....I just don't like to be "taken" in such a manner

it's no big deal and all i'm doing here is having a grizzle after all it's only a loaf of bread......

I don't expect, nor do I want anyone to boycott the outlet.....in fact just the opposite I'm all for support your local business!

didn't like the Coles bread anyway!!!!! LOL!

Old 21-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #16
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, I agree that's ****

Buy $6 worth of bread and get a free loaf sounds like a suitable promo on its own, without having to fill a loyalty card to get it!

Those loyalty cards are a stroke of marketing genius. People love to collect and don't question how poor the return is.

I know if you don't change your behaviour anyway, it is a true freebee (well except in this case) but imagine how you would react if you found a McDonalds voucher in the letterbox saying get 13 Big Macs for the price of 12.

= **** deal
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #17
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

still, first world problems
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post