Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #151
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Default Re: drive.com.au tests new Ecoboost Falcon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Not everyone is obsessed with *snip* computer torque control...

Hey now, Ford made a big deal about its dual length manifold!

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #152
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Know what?
I feel like quoting that and the passage above it, that sends a powerful message:

I wonder if this is the only test so far to be conducted with 95 ULP, shame weather stuffed the I-6 petrol's runs
but if track anecdotal evidence puts the NA I-6 at barely one tenth faster, then boy that's very impressive..
Glad to see the press warming to the EcoBoost engine. Maybe it's time the I6 got a tune. Or perhaps even a small economy tuned turbo? Something to bring the torque on lower down, keep the revs down, bring the consumption down.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #153
Angeldust

... well i still think the price is too steep.

it was justifiable for a large '6', ie something different that you dont get anymore in most vehicle makes. But 37K for a 2ltr car, is not gonna happen. I work in a proffessional field, and there's no one at my work that would ever buy one, at that price (hell, they wouldnt even buy a new commodore either or an SS second hand).

Todays cars are disposable, and any new car buyer never keeps his new car for more than 3-5 years. I cannot see people justifying a 37K purchase for a 3-5 year period. Unless there on either a combined income of 150K most people will NOT spend that amount of money on A to B cars.

These cars were meant for the average joe, not proffessionals or high earning individuals/families.

The average joe will prefer to buy a brand new Lancer for just over 20K.

Z series Clubsport HRT edition..
e46 320ci 2.2ltr Stocko
Angeldust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #154
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeldust
But 37K for a 2ltr car, is not gonna happen.

Lol, what sort of expert are you? People pay per capacity now? Is that way the SS sells so good...

"hey i get a whole 6.2 for 40 grand! yeepee!"

You'll find a Falcon for around 34-35K, Ford needs to pay its wages, selling at anything less is crazy (Au started at $29 990...didn't really change anything...except resale)

A camry Atara SX is RRP of 35 990... Kia Optima Platinum - $36,990...people still buy them!

(I will agree though, that when spec/tech list comes into it things change)

Engines are getting smaller, get used to it...its the way things are.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #155
drwevil

@angeldust your loss I guess....
Check out the G6E ..it goes well with a great sat nav .. I wouldnt have any issues driving UT 50k or more a year and I'm a professional.

You won't know how good the ecoboost is till you have driven one. It's much better than the SV6 I took for a test drive earlier this year.
drwevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #156
Angeldust

im not saying its bad at all, just steep ie:

it will be like 37K + dealer delivery + stamp duty + rego etc
then they will try to rip u on a trade as well.

On a side note: to be honest im glad i got rid of my wrx as it would struggle to keep up with it and i can just see people blowing me off at the lights in one all the time as its justa hassle to launch a manual and without actually pushing it my SS willl always be slower and chew craploads more fuel (its starting to hurt finally) lols... and the poor beamer cant even keep pace with an I6 lols...

Z series Clubsport HRT edition..
e46 320ci 2.2ltr Stocko
Angeldust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #157
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
... well i still think the price is too steep.

it was justifiable for a large '6', ie something different that you dont get anymore in most vehicle makes. But 37K for a 2ltr car, is not gonna happen. I work in a proffessional field, and there's no one at my work that would ever buy one, at that price (hell, they wouldnt even buy a new commodore either or an SS second hand).

Todays cars are disposable, and any new car buyer never keeps his new car for more than 3-5 years. I cannot see people justifying a 37K purchase for a 3-5 year period. Unless there on either a combined income of 150K most people will NOT spend that amount of money on A to B cars.

These cars were meant for the average joe, not proffessionals or high earning individuals/families.

The average joe will prefer to buy a brand new Lancer for just over 20K.
Just have a look at all the tools who buy stripped out small base model 2 litre BMW's, Audis and Mercs for 50k + and then tell me 37k is too steep.

If you think people won't have over 37k for a car with a 2 litre engine you're way wrong.

Its the size of the car that mostly determines price, not the size of the engine.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #158
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
im not saying its bad at all, just steep ie:

it will be like 37K + dealer delivery + stamp duty + rego etc
then they will try to rip u on a trade as well.

On a side note: to be honest im glad i got rid of my wrx as it would struggle to keep up with it and i can just see people blowing me off at the lights in one all the time as its justa hassle to launch a manual and without actually pushing it my SS willl always be slower and chew craploads more fuel (its starting to hurt finally) lols... and the poor beamer cant even keep pace with an I6 lols...
I would try haggling with a sales bloke at your nearest dealer in person like everyone else does instead of ordering over the internet. Might get a bit of surprise on what you could get one for

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote