Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #61
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Ecoboost review in Wheels magazine. Big thumbs up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaldo
Got a sale here if it is offered in xr ute form!
well you are out of luck. no ecoboost for xr. ecoboost is about adding sales, not replacing sales. xr's sell well enough as they are.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #62
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
^this is why you should never believe everything you read in the media or make assumptions based on vfacts data.
Makes you wonder though why there's different levels of optimism/pessimism though. Maybe there's a reason beyond individual perception why those in manufacturing feel worse than those in development. The media keeps assuming and writing stories that they will die together, or that development will die before manufacturing. But what if development of Falcon sticks around longer than manufacturing.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #63
prydey
Rob

who knows. i agree it would be frustrating in manufacturing but it depends what you base your expectations on.

also, i think the media should be held accountable much more than what they currently are. they can speculate as much as they like with no comeback when they are wildly wrong. i believe they played a massive part in the demise of mitsibishi.
Old 20-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #64
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
who knows. i agree it would be frustrating in manufacturing but it depends what you base your expectations on.

also, i think the media should be held accountable much more than what they currently are. they can speculate as much as they like with no comeback when they are wildly wrong. i believe they played a massive part in the demise of mitsibishi.

You're right there. The media influence is extremely powerful by way of comment. Media comment and appropriately written reports can and do change governments, cause the public to abandon a product (Mitsubishi? nor Ford?), have the public (and thus possibly jury members) believe a person is guilty of a crime long before the person has made it to court .. etc ... etc.

The media has to much freedom at present, and should be held accountable for their reports.
Old 20-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #65
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
what i find sad is that someone who works at ford in some capacity is turning into one of the biggest knockers on a 'fan' forum.

perhaps a job at fishermens bend might suit better, or toyota. actually toyota only shift 600 or so aurions so that would end in the same responses.

You sound like Goebels on German radio in 1945, telling the people they were winning the war when the Russians were shelling the hell out of Berlin.

And not once have I bagged the product and said it wasn't good enough. The products are brilliant, pretty much best in class across most segments. Its the sales and marketing people letting the side down.

And thats my issue, along with 99% of the Ford fans who hate seeing good products not living up to potential.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #66
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Makes you wonder though why there's different levels of optimism/pessimism though. Maybe there's a reason beyond individual perception why those in manufacturing feel worse than those in development. The media keeps assuming and writing stories that they will die together, or that development will die before manufacturing. But what if development of Falcon sticks around longer than manufacturing.
I'm sure that production could be moved to Thailand if needed and corporate engines used,
but I really don't want to think about that option....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #67
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Makes you wonder though why there's different levels of optimism/pessimism though. Maybe there's a reason beyond individual perception why those in manufacturing feel worse than those in development.
It is simple, poor communication from Ford Management to it’s own staff.. Forget the media, forget fans, this is the optimisin/ pessimism within Ford Staff. This can only be fixed by Ford Management & better communication from the top down!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #68
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
And not once have I bagged the product
maybe not, but then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Its the sales and marketing people letting the side down.
bagging 'ford' isn't as bad as bagging the product is it?? i'm sure the sales and marketing crew are just sitting around having a laugh??

i appreciate that you work in some capacity at ford, but lately you have been giving them a kick at every opportunity.
Old 21-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #69
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Wheels also gave their 2011 COTY to a Honda hybrid: and have been mocked by many other publications both here and abroad for doing so.

Wheels also gave previous COTY awards to a Camira and P76.

The point? Their opinion is not regarded too highly by the industry or true motor fans...

That said Top Gear Aus praised the car but questioned it's relevance and likened the Falcon to an old sick dog that needed to be shot... Ouch (and yes Top Gear are even worse than Wheels, thanks doctors waiting room copy...)

The Ecoboost is a great concept, no doubt well engineered yes: but it's at least 5 or 6 years too late. Pity. A turbo 4 or turbo diesel BA may have saved the Falcon...
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #70
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
The Ecoboost is a great concept, no doubt well engineered yes: but it's at least 5 or 6 years too late. Pity. A turbo 4 or turbo diesel BA may have saved the Falcon...
Don't know about having it in BA. What they really needed was turbo diesel to launch when first intended, maybe then SZ could've launched at 2008. Without worrying about the V6 program they would've had EcoLPI ready middle of 2010 and of course the big one, if AU didn't bomb they could've had FG launch 2006-7. I don't think Ecoboost could've gotten in much earlier though. It's still the first RWD application of the I4 and the tech itself is still new.
Old 21-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #71
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
maybe not, but then

bagging 'ford' isn't as bad as bagging the product is it?? i'm sure the sales and marketing crew are just sitting around having a laugh??

i appreciate that you work in some capacity at ford, but lately you have been giving them a kick at every opportunity.
Boss is third generation Engine plant worker, I'm pretty sure the heritage of Falcon seeps through his veins..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #72
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Engine plant would be the most vulnerable of the whole operation as well
Old 21-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #73
1TUFFUTE
Banned

well every one do their part and everytime u see someone ford bashing on the products that we alllll know are class leaders..2nd at worst....then we should REMIND them of this. The PRODUCT is what counts.If the product is garbage then it shouldnt matter how much advertising there is. bUT WE JUST HAPPEN TO BE LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE FANS OF FORD AUS. Its there problem if they dont advertise. Its our problem that the cars are so good

There is such a big picture behind what ford aus can and cant do at the moment....so many issues limiting and forcing there hand.
So to me anyone who solely focuss on lack of media as opposed to the great ford products is just a whinger and needs a hobby.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #74
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There has been some convincing arguments put forward by both the Ecoboost and Deisel supporters - both have good points.

That FOA Marketing department that everyone around here loves to hate - (usually without knowing what it is a marketing department actually does)well it would have been them, who, after doing loads of market research (hopefully) decided that the ecoboost is the way to go instead of the Deisel. I would like to assume Ford Marketing have more access to information on which to base this decision than our panel of internet forum experts.

So, lets see if they did they're homework properly - the sales will tell the story.

From a personal point of view for what its worth - I'd happily take an ecoboost but would never consider a deisel. The ecoboost would be faster, better weight distribution, it'll rev - just a whole lot more fun basically. (I'm sure I'm not alone in this view)

Deisel isn't a yuppie fuel no matter what VW will have you believe - its a fuel for tight-*******! The big euro makers have publicaly stated Deisel is on its way out to be replaced with lower displacement turbo petrol engines. Merc and BMW have been reducing displacements across their ranges for the last few years.

Seems to me Ford are following in the footsteps of the market leaders.
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #75
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^this post was supposed to be in the othe ecoboost thread I think
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #76
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The diesotto engine will result in the diesel being killed off, it is in principal a petrol engine that can use compression ignition when needed if I can remember correctly.

Mercedes are pretty close to having them available, GM are working on them too, as are others. Mercedes version was a 2.1 litre turbo 4 that made 150 kw and 350nm with economy as good as a same size diesel, yet ran on petrol, revved higher, was much cheaper to build and weighed a lot less than an equivalent diesel. And those figures were from a couple of years ago, i'm sure they will be even better numbers now.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post