Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-11-2005, 08:57 PM   #1
f6xer

Question introduction

Hello all. My name is Adrian, I am from Brisbane. Although i have spent many hours reading through this forum enjoying much of the banter and all of the quality information and debate this is my first thread. I am wondering if anyone can help me with a concern. I recently ordered a F6 ute and have been told it will be delivered by Xmas but the dealer hasn't given me a confirmed build date. All he has told me is that I have an early december build slot. I'm not sure how many cars FPV build a day but december is only days away and Xmas is not far off.

f6xer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 09:20 PM   #2
cogdoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate you are usually looking at about 6-8 weeks, but given Christmas, you might be a new year baby man.
Old 28-11-2005, 09:28 PM   #3
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to the forums f6xer..you know you can check out anytime you want but you can never leave....nurse....Nurse...NURSE..where's my valium....

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 09:30 PM   #4
f6xer

Thanks Greg. Although the car was ordered in early october i have had some issues with colours, only confirming Blue Pearl a couple of days ago.
Old 28-11-2005, 09:34 PM   #5
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The story I was told (By a ford sales man) was that there is a hold up at the FPV factory. The cause is the Suplier of the lower body moulds has gone bust and FPV are currently trying to find another company to suply the body moulds....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 09:43 PM   #6
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Hey Adrian

I too am in lovely BrisVegas and am waiting on my BF Super Pursuit I have been guaranteed pre Christmas delivery, in fact I am supposed to be receiving my beautiful ute next week... My dealer was meant to ring me back today to confirm this but didn't which means he is still waiting on confirmation which makes me worried. If we don't receive these cars in the next two weeks it means we won't get them to early Feb because the factory closes down for Christmas.

I can't remember when I ordered mine - feels like it was last decade the time has gone by so slowly... but think it was actually late Oct early Nov... Fingers Crossed we get these beasts before Chrissy.

Cheers, Tori
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 09:53 PM   #7
f6xer

The waitig is toturous. At the momont the whole purchase feels like a pipe dream. I know in that i will EVEEENTUAAAAAAAALY get it. That day can not come soon enough.
Old 28-11-2005, 10:03 PM   #8
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I hope you don't get an 05' plated car in 06', i am in a similar situation, but ordered the car in early September (not a Ford)
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 10:08 PM   #9
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I hope you don't get an 05' plated car in 06', i am in a similar situation, but ordered the car in early September (not a Ford)
You still havent heard from them yet??
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 10:20 PM   #10
f6xer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
05 plate with 06 rego. Thats not what I was expecting when I ordered two weeks before release.
Old 29-11-2005, 07:16 AM   #11
Stampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
Hey Adrian

I too am in lovely BrisVegas and am waiting on my BF Super Pursuit I have been guaranteed pre Christmas delivery, in fact I am supposed to be receiving my beautiful ute next week... My dealer was meant to ring me back today to confirm this but didn't which means he is still waiting on confirmation which makes me worried. If we don't receive these cars in the next two weeks it means we won't get them to early Feb because the factory closes down for Christmas.

I can't remember when I ordered mine - feels like it was last decade the time has gone by so slowly... but think it was actually late Oct early Nov... Fingers Crossed we get these beasts before Chrissy.

Cheers, Tori
When you get it ,it party time at your place to show it off, can i please have an invite
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 09:02 AM   #12
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
The story I was told (By a ford sales man) was that there is a hold up at the FPV factory. The cause is the Suplier of the lower body moulds has gone bust and FPV are currently trying to find another company to suply the body moulds....
Hmmmm, wonder if this is ALSO U.P.Tooling? (as in the C2R bodykit thread?)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 09:58 PM   #13
f6xer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
Hmmmm, wonder if this is ALSO U.P.Tooling? (as in the C2R bodykit thread?)
As usual the information shared on this forum seems to be on the right track. (see C2R thread)My dealer can't tell me what the hold up is but the C2R Up Tooling issue seems to be the most logical reason why it may not be delivered Xmas.