Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #121
Buntz
Straight Eight

Default Re: What If FORD Had an Advertising Campaign Like JEEP ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Jeep have an advertising campaign "I Bought a JEEP" what if FORD had a similar campaign, with same amount of media/ tv advertising. That Jeep's doing ???
'I Bought a Falcon" so " I Compared COMMODORE to FALCON and Bought a Falcon"
FORD need to be more imaginative in advertising.
Food for thought.....
When I crashed at my uncles place to get in a full day of car hunting. He asked me, him; "So why not a Holden?", me; "Coz I want a Ford". Him: "Yeah but when I went to buy a car I thought I'd try something different... I went out and drove a Holden..... and then bought a Ford.". Some chuckles after this.

In his own words, the Holden didn't handle, or feel as good as the Ford.

But... if Ford don't defend themselves, and take slack from media people, like bitches, then it doesn't look good.
Old 22-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #122
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwaynorris
Could not agree more , both campaigns squarely aimed at self important , self obsessed , self annointed yuppies .
Wow.....profiling much?? So it looks like I've gone from being a good allround bloke who's owned Fords to being a self important, self obsessed, self annointed yuppie? All because of a car???...........thank god i'm not one of your mates, dropping them like hot potato's because of the car they drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
I think the 2.7 in the Territory is just a little dated now.
Precisely why I didn't buy one.....7 year old engine in a slightly re-skinned 8 year old car isn't cutting edge today......well for me anyway.
Old 22-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #123
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haters gonna hate.
I owed a Jeep and it was great. Never had any reliability problems.

Just because your friends, mothers, cousins, husbands, nieces, cousin had a 20 year old Jeep that broke down it doesn't mean they are all unreliable.
Some of them have their problems just like all cars. According to Jeep forums I have been a member of, members cars have been as reliable as other makes they have owned.

On topic of diesel vs V8, heres a video of a Jeep froum member http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0_SZEa4OOk
The one closest to the camera is a turbo diesel, the other is a 5.7 V8.
I think he may be running a few minor diesel upgrades though.
Diesel faster off the line. V8 faster over the quarter.

In my experience my Jeep and Chrysler have both been more reliable then my Mitsubishi.
That could have something due to age of the cars. And probably because I didn't treat my Mitsubishi as good as I should of.
It's also up to the owner to look after a car otherwise it will go to **** no matter what make it is.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #124
FRD888XR8

Can we get back to the original topic ?
FRD888XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #125
JG34JA

Yeah, let's get on topic. For me the ad is great, it compares buying a Jeep to finding out something new about a dearly loved one, you think "where did that come from?". Quirky and interesting. Does well for the product as Jeeps here are a niche - caught somewhere between the more Hardcore 4wds dominated by Toyota, and the SUV class of which the Territory is a strong seller.

Driving a new Grand Cherokee in Canada I was very impressed. To get back to the more positive handling of our Territory was equally pleasing. At Aussie pricing the Jeep is very competitive.

Let's not forget Jeep begat the Land Rover, which inspired the Land Cruiser and also gave birth to the Range Rover and premium 4wd segment, which moved to the X5 "SUV" type as a reaction wanting more "on road" performance, which FOA absolutely nailed with the Territory as an affordable version of such.
JG34JA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #126
FRD888XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG34JA
Yeah, let's get on topic. For me the ad is great, it compares buying a Jeep to finding out something new about a dearly loved one, you think "where did that come from?". Quirky and interesting. Does well for the product as Jeeps here are a niche - caught somewhere between the more Hardcore 4wds dominated by Toyota, and the SUV class of which the Territory is a strong seller.

Driving a new Grand Cherokee in Canada I was very impressed. To get back to the more positive handling of our Territory was equally pleasing. At Aussie pricing the Jeep is very competitive.

Let's not forget Jeep begat the Land Rover, which inspired the Land Cruiser and also gave birth to the Range Rover and premium 4wd segment, which moved to the X5 "SUV" type as a reaction wanting more "on road" performance, which FOA absolutely nailed with the Territory as an affordable version of such.
Thanks for getting back to the point

I think the biggest target with this add is the Gen Y. Trendy, cool, outdoors, touch screen etc etc etc ....

I am the idea of a good 4WD (4x4) you should have a big lever that when you pull itt it you hear a loud clank and it means you have engaged the 4wd system ! but that is just me, old school ( or old Fart).

but nowadays they all want a button on your trendy touch screen to say you are in 4wd!

but I dont buy new cars that often, I tend to like it and stick with it for as long as I like.

maybe add targeted to the younger generation may work well, like the Focus add, you talk to the car, reverse park with our the hands on the wheel.

!?!?!?!
FRD888XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #127
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRD888XR8
Thanks for getting back to the point

I think the biggest target with this add is the Gen Y. Trendy, cool, outdoors, touch screen etc etc etc ....

I am the idea of a good 4WD (4x4) you should have a big lever that when you pull itt it you hear a loud clank and it means you have engaged the 4wd system ! but that is just me, old school ( or old Fart).

but nowadays they all want a button on your trendy touch screen to say you are in 4wd!

but I dont buy new cars that often, I tend to like it and stick with it for as long as I like.

maybe add targeted to the younger generation may work well, like the Focus add, you talk to the car, reverse park with our the hands on the wheel.

!?!?!?!
It's called progress....
Just like the motor car was a progression from the horse and cart...
Just like fuel injection was progression from the carby system.
Just like computers are progression from the abacus.