Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
pundit
Gazza!

Default Putting iPhone 4 thru insurance

G'day guys... Quick question, my missus dropped and smashed her iPhone 4 32gb (again... ) Last time it was just a replacement LCD & Digitlizer combo, replaced it myself rather easy. This time round it is smashed both the front and back glass, and also has a hardware failure the LED back-lights light up but no picture on the screen, and doesn't respond to any swiping when it gets calls, or to unlock the keypad. Now its going thru insurance (House & contents, accidental damage) this time round (as going by my googling it needs a new logic board, or logic board repaired)... Last time when I done it I lost a couple of small screws and brackets from it... Is it worth buying in new ones and putting back in before it goes thru insurance or not really, as its not a warranty job so it shouldn't really matter a great deal I would assume.

11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Putting iPhone 4 thru insurance

are you sure it's included in the policy?

I thought most policies did not cover phones

maybe you have a premium policy that does though???
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
pundit
Gazza!

Yeah it is, I have upto $2,000 worth of personal belongings that frequently leave the house, which is also covered by accidental damage, went in and asked about it today. just have to pay the first $100 towards it.
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

yeah I have Accidental loss or damage also, never claimed anything thou

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
GhiaEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 01:06 AM   #5
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fair play, I thought most accidental damage cover excluded phones, hence the exorbitant price people pay to Telcos for phone insurance

if you have the insurance I would use it, you would be paying a premium for an extensive policy. I reckon you're short changing yourself if you don't use it
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #6
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

If it's just the screens that have failed, go into your local shopping center and look around for iPhone repair places. I got both my front and back screens replaced for $90 a few weeks ago, and it's just as good as new.