Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

Exclamation Has anybody got a FG MkII G6 Sedan?

G'day everyone!

Need a little help if anyone can. In my FGII Wagon project I'm currently drawing up a fully optioned G6 wagon, and wish to use the 17" wheels of the FG MkII G6 sedan. I've been trying to draw them using other photos I've found as reference, but since they are a reasonably complicated wheel, I'm having trouble getting it right.

So, what I was wondering is, is there anybody who owns a FGII G6 sedan with these rims who wouldn't mind doing me a little favour? Could you post a picture of your car at a angle similar to the one below? Would help me a great deal. Also if anyone runs into a photo like this somewhere.

Here's a photo of the wheels...

Thanks everyone, the help is very much appreciated!

OffRoadFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Default Re: Has anybody got a FG MkII G6 Sedan?

I can't help you on this matter (sorry!) but I like how you've decided to continue with a proper rear cargo area. I certainly can't wait to see this finished!
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i OHC
I can't help you on this matter (sorry!) but I like how you've decided to continue with a proper rear cargo area. I certainly can't wait to see this finished!
No worries mate and thanks!! I dont like all these sportwagons replacing proper sized wagons so I wanted to draw an proper big wagon, but also try to make it as appealing to look at as possible.

Thanks again... Hopefully someone can help me here....
Old 04-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

Maybe if anyone saw one in a car yard or somethig they might be able to get a snap for me?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a bit of constructive criticism. I believe that the rear door is too short. It should finish just over the rear wheel arch.
Actually, both front and rear doors look a little short to me. Thoughts?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

The rear door is actually extended by what in real life would be a little over 15cm, so the idea being that the rear passenger area has more space and legroom and all. The wheelbase is also extended. Front doors are the same size as the sedans.

It often finishes over the wheel arch, but that doesn't mean it should. I thought it looked okay the way I decided to do it. I'm happy with it anyway. if the doors were much bigger than getting out of th car in tight spaces could be a problem, and I kind of like how the cargo area looks big with the way I've done everything.

Thanks for the comment! If you have anything further to add, my project thread (link in signature) would be a more suitable place for it.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

Bump.

Again if anyone has or sees a FGII G6 (at a dealer or something?) with the 17" rims in the photo above, and has the chance if they could get a photo of the car at a similar angle to my wagon drawing, I'd be really grateful!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

Bump again guys... still, if anyone can help!! Spent 2 hours trying yesterday to do them using the pictures I have, ended up rubbing it all out.

If one of the mods wouldn't mind, could I have the thread title changed to

"Anyone got photos of FGII G6 rims on this angle?"

Thanks everyone...