Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #31
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Tell your scary stories

Duno about big black cats

but I just found these off the youtube link posted above

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSvcg...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ypew...eature=related

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #32
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For those interested with the big black cats around NSW I have an interesting experience.

Last night at 00:30 I was driving a train at Bylong, nsw. We were approaching a red signal so we slowed to about 30km/h. I was on the drivers side (left) and my mate was on the passengers side not looking out the front window.

I spot something running in front of us just to the right hand side of the track. Had highbeam headlights, fog lights all on, there was no shortage of light in front. We were slowly catching up to it and I notice it's all black in colour and looks like a big cat.
As we are about to pass it i say to my mate "There's a cat running next to your window" He opens his window and sticks his head out while reaching for his torch. As focused the spotlight onto it, it shot off into the paddock nearby.
He turns to me and says "Looks like a black panther" apparently it was twice as big as a normal cat and was leaping forward differently.

I didn't see it close up, but there was definitely a big black cat out there. Probably not a panther as many people believe.

The loco had a camera on the dash board which is constantly recording. But I doubt the maintenance crew will worry about downloading the footage just to look at a possible urban myth.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #33
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Was in Nairobi in Jan and a group of us walked a mate from our drop off point to his hotel (the Hilton) for security. Along the way, actually, just around the corner from the Hilton there is a enclosed park looking thinggo that was also an open air market. Seeing as I'm known to buy a lot of junk when I travel I suggested that on the way back we have a snif around the market. I think we were in a group of 5 or 6... Walking out of the Hilton I told the doorman was it safe to go to the market... he said it was 'most days' and that if we went, don't split up.

Walk in and start looking about. A group of 6-7 men start tailing us and just kept getting in our way. Wouldn't let up either. I don't think they owned a stall or anything, but they wouldn't leave us alone. We tried to look at a few items to buy and they would grab it from the seller and try and sell it to us on their behalf. We asked several times that we didn't need their help and that we were happy to walk around alone... we had been in Africa several weeks and this always worked in the other markets....

After a few minutes, the group went to 8 or 9 and they were eyeing us up and down and whispering / passing comments between themselves.... I knew it wasn't looking good and I quietly told everyone the shopping was over and we need to make an exit pronto. We looked for an exit and one of the Kenyans asked us why we hadn't bought anything. A girl in our group said that we weren't interested in anything here, and preferred to be left alone. A few of the gang of guys started to get mouthy, telling us we were %#(! in their market, and they could do as they pleased with us here... a few more heated words were exchanged while we were walking looking for an exit then the leader of the gang went up to myself and another guy toe to toe asking if I wanted to hit him... they were just brewing for a fight...

Anyway, found an exit and left, they followed and left us alone at the corner...

Now... I have travelled all over the world... I have gotten into a argument / fights with gangs in China, arested and almost deported in Moscow for not paying a crooked cop a bribe, caught public transport through parts of northern Pakistan where 'westerners' are not liked and just plain don't go to, walked into an Aussie pub in London after Italy robbed Australia in whatever World Cup it was (06???) wearing an Italian jersey... but this was the ONLY time I was really, truly scared...

Cheers,

Jason

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 24-07-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #34
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Picked up the ex one night from a friends place in a dodgy suburb in Geelong, driving home, pulled up to a T intersection behind a Mazda ute. The thing wasn't moving even though there was no traffic around. Waited 30 seconds or so then decided to toot the horn to get the guy to move. He steps out of the car and pulls a gun out of his pants and points it in our direction. Jammed it in reverse and got the f out of there.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #35
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Big cat stories are true. Just hasn't been one caught in years. I posted a pic on this forum of one that was shot in the pyrenees ranges Victoria years and years ago. Last year before I sold my property we found big cat prints in the sand that seemed to be chasing roos. The locals had also been reporting maulings and sightings of a big cat in the previous months.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #36
xr8chick
HSV - I Just Ate One!

Mum and I were in the solitary confinement area of the Fremantle prison, and we were standing in front of the door of the cell right at the back, swear to this day we heard groaning coming from the cell behind us. Wasn't brave enough to walk in. ahah

Also, didn't sleep for a month straight after watching the 1st Paranormal activity. Seems pretty lame now though. ahahah
Old 24-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #37
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8chick
Mum and I were in the solitary confinement area of the Fremantle prison, and we were standing in front of the door of the cell right at the back, swear to this day we heard groaning coming from the cell behind us.
That was Brenden Abbott, the 'Post Card Bandit' complaining he didn't do it.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post