Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
LACEYM
:)

Unhappy NEED a new BA headunit TONIGHT!

Long story short a sound system install went bad by the mob who did it killing all my right hand side speaker outputs,

in desperate need of a new headunit tonight and also wondering if anyone has any idea how much its going to cost me! im located in Melbourne and am desperate!!

LACEYM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Default Re: NEED a new BA headunit TONIGHT!

Dont think its as easy as just swapping for another. Doesnt a replacement ICC (stereo bit) have to be programmed to your car?
Old 22-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
LACEYM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0
Dont think its as easy as just swapping for another. Doesnt a replacement ICC (stereo bit) have to be programmed to your car?

My auto elec doesnt seem to think so, but I honestly wouldnt have a clue when it comes to car electrics. alls i know is mines rooted and I need a new one if i want sound through my right speaker.
Old 22-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
AU Mont
Banned

i know this isnt helping but what kind of auto electrician makes a mess like that?

and why doesnt he go find and fix the thing

Last edited by flappist; 22-09-2012 at 07:32 PM.
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #5
LACEYM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont
i know this isnt helping but what kind of auto electrician makes a mess like that?

and why doesnt he go find and fix the thing
I dont even want to go back to them and ask, if they did that the first time hell do some cheap fix again to avoid replacing or repairing the damage. So ive gone to a bloke who my (fantastic) mechanic recommended. Hoping he can fix it :(

Last edited by flappist; 22-09-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 22-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
LACEYM

I just intend on sending them the bill, pictures and the receipt >
Old 22-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

they do not have to pay you if you have it repaired elsewhere.
ASL will possibly be able to repair yours

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #8
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACEYM
I dont even want to go back to them and ask, if they did that the first time hell do some cheap fix again to avoid replacing or repairing the damage. So ive gone to a bloke who my (fantastic) mechanic recommended. Hoping he can fix it :(
sort of understand, there are some dodgy people out there

i offered to fit a sub & amp for a person i know whenever they were ready only to find they went through the local "professional" audio installer/aka electronics dealer.

What an awesome setup it is......... generic 12" boxed sub floating around the boot swinging off the line level inputs which where wired incorrectly whilst being used on the wrong un bridgable channels of the amp.

I just said sounds cool man.
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
Matt5933

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont
sort of understand, there are some dodgy people out there

i offered to fit a sub & amp for a person i know whenever they were ready only to find they went through the local "professional" audio installer/aka electronics dealer.

What an awesome setup it is......... generic 12" boxed sub floating around the boot swinging off the line level inputs which where wired incorrectly whilst being used on the wrong un bridgable channels of the amp.

I just said sounds cool man.
Reminds me of what happened to me with my first car. Got the dodgy electronics shop guys to fit my amp and new speakers. didn't wire up the rear speakers at all, didn't screw in the front speakers just pushed them in and let the door cards sort of hold them in. Didn't wire the amp properly so it kept shorting itself out. The worst of all was they broke the electric window switch when taking the door card off but refused black and blue to do anything about it. typical ' nah mate not my fault just one of those things'. had to just live with the crap job and use it as a learning experience. couldn't even get the window switch fixed as i got quoted 400$ for a new one.
Matt5933 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #10
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool Re: NEED a new BA headunit TONIGHT!

Re the ICC in an AU if you take the battery out
then you need to enter a PIN number
but as far as I know as Ive done it myself
if you disconnect then reconnect battery
the ICC will work without a PIN
last fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #11
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BA are different to AU's. BA are all 1 unit includs, radio and aircon, heater etc. BA do not havea code.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post