Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #61
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why Ford can't sell Falcon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
The thing is though, being a locally built product people expect better delivery times... My clients have walked away from Ford, the one wanting the Falcon ute bought 2 last financial year, so while they arent huge fleets they are still better then the typical private 7 year turn over buyer. Having cars in stock use to give Ford a bit of an edge, because people could have the car now, instead of having to wait 3 months for it to land in Australia.

Ford had a tendency many moons ago of stocking the wrong cars that people didnt want, like BA Fairmonts.... Surely their systems would be good enough to give them a turn over of each specific model / colour and you would atleast stock 15 - 20 % of monthly sales at all times in the more popular cars, e.g. blue XR6 Turbos! Cars are still very much a touchy feel purchase... not something people are prepared to buy sight unseen, or undriven unfortunately.
It does also come down to the dealer stocking the right vehicles, not just Ford in general.

I build quite a few unique vehicles that I know dealers won't order, e.g Transit Jumbo Dual Wheelers, LPI Column auto Ccab utes, XR manuals (yes, rare as most order auto's) and a few others. I have to take a gamble but they usually work out in the end, we either sell it because no one else has it or I swap it out because I'm the only one with it. The reason for my reply is, don't go blaming Ford when some dealers just won't order the stock to support the demand.

I know some things are difficult, e.g Ranger. Not helpful sometimes, but selling out of vehicles is a good and bad issue to have. I'd much rather have it than Rangers sitting on the yard doing nothing but eating floor plan..
Old 19-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #62
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t
It does also come down to the dealer stocking the right vehicles, not just Ford in general.

I build quite a few unique vehicles that I know dealers won't order, e.g Transit Jumbo Dual Wheelers, LPI Column auto Ccab utes, XR manuals (yes, rare as most order auto's) and a few others. I have to take a gamble but they usually work out in the end, we either sell it because no one else has it or I swap it out because I'm the only one with it. The reason for my reply is, don't go blaming Ford when some dealers just won't order the stock to support the demand.

I know some things are difficult, e.g Ranger. Not helpful sometimes, but selling out of vehicles is a good and bad issue to have. I'd much rather have it than Rangers sitting on the yard doing nothing but eating floor plan..
But how can dealers stock what they need when Ford doesnt provide the build allocation??
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #63
Buntz
Straight Eight

Is this thread still going? If so I move for a change in thread title... seems misleading.
Old 24-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #64
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

My partner and I were recently in the market for a new car. I called our local ford dealer and spoke to a salesman about test driving both the new Ecoboost G6 and an ECOLPI version. We agreed on a time on Saturday morning and he said he would get the cars ready for a test drive as they were currently parked at the back of the lot. Rocked up on the Saturday only to find the cars were still parked at the back, noone came out to help us so I went inside ( already put off ) only to be told that I will have to arrange it for another time as they would have to move the whole yard around.

On the way out of the lot my partner spotted a G6E Turbo in the seconhand section, a friendly salesperson moved a few cars about and let us go for a spin. It will be sitting in our driveway tonight or tomorrow at the latest.