Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #61
XR8_ash
2 wheel pilot, V8 novice.

Default Re: QLD RBT Pullover Time to Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Well I do know something about you- you are the kind of person that believes police should be able to stop and search anyone at any time without requiring a reason- and anyone who doesn't willingly submit to your police state is a paranoid criminal who mistakenly thinks they have rights. Those are your beliefs. Thus "I imagine" the person who believes that wouldn't be too phased by a dictator either, one usually comes after the other.
I once heard a rapist say ( in a doco ) that the young girl he just raped would be "up for it" because that is what he "Imagined" .....

He like you were wrong..
APRILIA SXV|WEAPON|Re-built engine|AKRAPOVIC Ti exhaust|AF 1 Air filter|Custom map.

Now I’m of to make a series of comments on the internet intended to promote interest and then complain about everyone quizzing me.
Old 13-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #62
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8_ash View Post
So tell me what you do when you go to an airport and are randomly searched for traces of H.E/P.E/Drugs etc ???? Do you stand there and tell them that this is against your rights and you wont stand for it? Do you scream DICTATORSHIP and challange everyone? Do you choose to catch a bus ????
Difference is an Airport is private property, and they can have whatever rules they see fit. Dont like the rules dont go there.
A road is a public place however, and you dont exactly have a choice whether to use them or not.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 13-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #63
XR8_ash

So back on topic, driving down a private road and being pulled over for a random car search is cool ????? Also you are all good with the Police cunducting a quick pat down/search on you if you were at a .... car show, some event, concert etc etc because they are held in/on private property ????

.....Just a question ..... ?
APRILIA SXV|WEAPON|Re-built engine|AKRAPOVIC Ti exhaust|AF 1 Air filter|Custom map.

Now I’m of to make a series of comments on the internet intended to promote interest and then complain about everyone quizzing me.
Old 13-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #64
2000auwagon
suck, squeeze, bang, blow

Quote:
So tell me what you do when you go to an airport and are randomly searched for traces of H.E/P.E/Drugs etc ???? Do you stand there and tell them that this is against your rights and you wont stand for it? Do you scream DICTATORSHIP and challange everyone? Do you choose to catch a bus ????
what is this all about??? Sounds like you have had a bad experience with the law, let me guess, it wasn't your fault, you were doing nothing wrong and they decided to single you out from everyone else. Have you travelled to any countries in the world? Im not talking about a crappy Contiki tour to Bali etc. and just see all the tourist crap. You should consider yourself lucky we live in a country where you have the right to voice your opinion and not get locked away or even dissapear for doing so. I wonder what would happen to you if you travelled to a country whos laws are not as 'relaxed' as ours and whilst getting searched for drugs or whatever and you yell out stuff like 'you have no right, dictatorship' etc, hmmm... what do you think would happen to you? I guarantee the first lot of people you ring up crying for help will be Australian Embassy, the people who abide the laws of our country that you seem to have an issue with.

CAUTION: I have opinions that could offend and have some methods that could seem 'unorthodox' to some, yet work effectively.

Old 13-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #65
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Dictatorship...police state...my rights are being eroded, oh dear, whatever shall we do.

As has been said, if you've done nothing wrong you shouldn't need to worry.

Honestly, i live near boganville Elizabeth. If there is anywhere in Australia for an RBT every 50m its here, yet i've been stopped by one in 5 years.

I guess one can make any statement to support their story on a forum if the burden of proof is not mandatory...

All this scare mongering around here lately is borderline paranoia.
This user likes this post:
Old 13-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #66
EVLKNEVL

Quote:
So back on topic, driving down a private road and being pulled over for a random car search is cool ????? Also you are all good with the Police cunducting a quick pat down/search on you if you were at a .... car show, some event, concert etc etc because they are held in/on private property ????

.....Just a question ..... ?
Good idea, let's take the issue as far out of context as possible.

You're being irrational, taking one point of difference between an airport and a public road and using that particular point of difference to illustrate your argument. Airports have many legitimate reasons to search/interrogate people at will, over and above the fact that they're private property.
Old 13-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #67
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Dictatorship...police state...my rights are being eroded, oh dear, whatever shall we do.

As has been said, if you've done nothing wrong you shouldn't need to worry.

Honestly, i live near boganville Elizabeth. If there is anywhere in Australia for an RBT every 50m its here, yet i've been stopped by one in 5 years.

I guess one can make any statement to support their story on a forum if the burden of proof is not mandatory...

All this scare mongering around here lately is borderline paranoia.
I agree

plus there seems to be an automatic assumption by some posters that every car and driver will be searched. Where's the proof to support that assumption?
Old 13-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #68
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
I once heard a rapist say ( in a doco ) that the young girl he just raped would be "up for it" because that is what he "Imagined" .....

He like you were wrong..
Well thank you for comparing my assessment of your police powers beliefs based on what you clearly stated were your beliefs in this thread - to a young girl getting raped.

Do you also realise that you went back and replied to each of my posts twice, taking a simple issue of random roadside searches to airport security and managing to throw rape into the mix? I imagine... I'm wasting my time here. No offence intended.
Old 13-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #69
medz84
Starter Motor

hmmmm when those hoon laws came into play i apparently was street racing my mate (long story) but my car got taken for 3 months without the police even seeing the alledged incident, so sometimes the innocent public can get caught up in it all
also have had mates that have had there cars pulled apart for no reason
just think the police need policing too,
as for the OP i dont care about waiting longer in a rbt the safer the road the better
Old 13-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #70
XR8_ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Well thank you for comparing my assessment of your police powers beliefs based on what you clearly stated were your beliefs in this thread - to a young girl getting raped.

Do you also realise that you went back and replied to each of my posts twice, taking a simple issue of random roadside searches to airport security and managing to throw rape into the mix? I imagine... I'm wasting my time here. No offence intended.
FINALLY you said something correct. I was simply pointing out how ridiculous some of your analigies were. Saying that I would welcome thus "bow down" to a dictatorship drawn on my acceptance for police to search my vehicle is somewhat uneven. Saying that you can "Imagine" what type of person I am based solely on a random internet forum show a though process that is not allowing for a multitude of contributing factors.

Definitely no offence taken.

Old 13-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #71
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have but that was in NSW, not sure about other states
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
You might want to actually check the legislation.....

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 13-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #72
XR8_ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000auwagon View Post
what is this all about??? Sounds like you have had a bad experience with the law, let me guess, it wasn't your fault, you were doing nothing wrong and they decided to single you out from everyone else. Have you travelled to any countries in the world? Im not talking about a crappy Contiki tour to Bali etc. and just see all the tourist crap. You should consider yourself lucky we live in a country where you have the right to voice your opinion and not get locked away or even dissapear for doing so. I wonder what would happen to you if you travelled to a country whos laws are not as 'relaxed' as ours and whilst getting searched for drugs or whatever and you yell out stuff like 'you have no right, dictatorship' etc, hmmm... what do you think would happen to you? I guarantee the first lot of people you ring up crying for help will be Australian Embassy, the people who abide the laws of our country that you seem to have an issue with.
1. No. Never had a bad experience with the law.
2. Yes have been tested in airports for traces of H.E/P.E (as most other people to).
3. Yes I have been overseas. As a 20 year veteran of the ADF I have been to some different counties. NONE I would consider a "Contiki tour" LOL.
4. Those countries you mention re: harsh drug searching. Firstly I don't take/buy drugs. If searched well no drugs. "But what happens if someone else plants them on me"? Well you know what? What IF ... ANYTHING ..... There are always going to be what if's/scum bag people that will try anything to frame others etc etc....

PLEASE show me where "I" have a problem abiding our laws? Are you sure you have read this thread properly ????? I follow laws AND take responsibility for my actions.

ON TOPIC ..... Its about RBT's ..... FFS

Old 13-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #73
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
FINALLY you said something correct. I was simply pointing out how ridiculous some of your analigies were. Saying that I would welcome thus "bow down" to a dictatorship drawn on my acceptance for police to search my vehicle is somewhat uneven. Saying that you can "Imagine" what type of person I am based solely on a random internet forum show a though process that is not allowing for a multitude of contributing factors.

Definitely no offence taken.
Is it really ridiculous to deduce that the person who says this-

"I have always believed that the cops should be able to ask/search ANYONE ANYTIME with NO reason .......

People don't like this idea and that's because they are either crims, paranoid or believer their "right" have been impacted upon...."

...might not be phased by a police state or even a dictatorship? Particularly your treatment of the word "right", as if rights don't really exist, we just all mistakenly pretend to have them. And no analogies were used by me, one deduction was expressed and I still believe it to be quite valid, given what you said. You made no mention of cars, you said police should be able to search "anyone, any time, with no reason". If you would like to amend your wording, feel free.

But if you want to discuss ridiculous analogies, maybe we should direct our attention to your comment about young girls being raped, as if that has any kind of relevance to my deduction that you wouldn't be phased by a police state or dictatorship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8_ash
ON TOPIC ..... Its about RBT's ..... FFS
Well that's a little rich coming from the person who steered the debate towards airport security and young girls being raped, wouldn't you agree?
Old 13-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #74
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, another one bites the dust....
This user likes this post:
Closed Thread