Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #31
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: We followed a Drunk Driver.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post
My thoughts:- Drunk Drivers aren't classed as "Hoons" as they can't impond their car so obviously not high on their target agenda

Innocent until proven guilty

Just imagine how busy the courts would be if so called "Hoons" were treated as equal not scum of the earth
Must be different in Melbourne... Here in Adelaide, a drink driving offence will get your car seized for 28 days.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #32
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People don't understand that Police run on a variation of the 'emergency triage' system found at a hospital. Jobs get dished out according to priority. If we're on the way to a low priority tasking (or heck, sometimes AT one), and then something more important pops up - we get diverted. As much as we'd like to deal with EVERYTHING we see, it's not always possible. It ****** us off as much as anyone else, there is nothing worse than going to a very high priority job and seeing someone swerving over the road or doing something stupid.

We do go to plenty of 'voice over' jobs, where someone is following a car and we coordinate a response, but unfortunately, we can't always facilitate it. Especially on Friday and Saturday nights. It doesn't take much for everyone to get tied up with arrests, mental health jobs, domestics etc.
5 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #33
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I called the police once on another driver.

2 Younger females in car. They did a few burnouts and drove flat out through a shopping centre car park, out on the main road they cut me off, stopped at greenlight to try and bait me, swerving all over road, passenger hanging *** out the window as they are driving, blasting their horn for no reason at a cyclist, unable to drive in a straight line.

All this happened within the space of about 3 minutes. I Called 131 444 and told them about the situation, they asked for plate number, car type, etc. I hang up and about 20 seconds later the idiot driver shot off down a random backstreet at full speed. About 1 minute later I see a cop car heading towards my direction. I chuck a u turn and find the cop stopped on the side of the road asking pedestrians if they saw anything, I pull over behind the cop and point them in the right direction.
I really hope they caught up with this psychopath.
I was surprised, but happy with how quickly the cop was in the area. Probably just luck.

This was at about 9pm on a Thursday night.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #34
BA Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
I called the police once on another driver.

2 Younger females in car. They did a few burnouts and drove flat out through a shopping centre car park, out on the main road they cut me off, stopped at greenlight to try and bait me, swerving all over road, passenger hanging *** out the window as they are driving, blasting their horn for no reason at a cyclist, unable to drive in a straight line.

All this happened within the space of about 3 minutes. I Called 131 444 and told them about the situation, they asked for plate number, car type, etc. I hang up and about 20 seconds later the idiot driver shot off down a random backstreet at full speed. About 1 minute later I see a cop car heading towards my direction. I chuck a u turn and find the cop stopped on the side of the road asking pedestrians if they saw anything, I pull over behind the cop and point them in the right direction.
I really hope they caught up with this psychopath.
I was surprised, but happy with how quickly the cop was in the area. Probably just luck.

This was at about 9pm on a Thursday night.
Should have ran out and got into the cops back seat and commandeered him as your chauffeur and went out on a car mod defect spree
This user likes this post:
Old 04-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #35
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS302 View Post
Whats with the capitals every few words? Do you have tourettes syndrome or something?
nO I DOnt havE touRREts , BUt this pOSt aND yourS arE Off topiC .
Old 05-02-2013, 02:21 AM   #36
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And uthere is no way of knowing if the police went round to the offending drivers house and bagged him there. I reported a drunk driver once and they did just that.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #37
ChRiDDa

Quote:
My thoughts:- Drunk Drivers aren't classed as "Hoons" as they can't impond their car so obviously not high on their target agenda

Innocent until proven guilty

Just imagine how busy the courts would be if so called "Hoons" were treated as equal not scum of the earth
Legislation has changed - If they have a prior for drink driving (ie they have been to Court and have been convicted) - If the prior is after January 2009, their car can be impounded!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #38
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We all know the cops are stretched to the limit
Theres no money chasin one DUI ,when they can spend the time setting up flash for cash and catch more people and generate more money
Im not for DUI, but there are more people on the road fatigue than DUI,yet nothin gets done with them .....
A story i heard years ago,cops were following people and handing out pats on the back for correct and good driving
So they followed this car for ages, everything was right,didnt speed, indicated right, everything was top notch
They pulled him over to comend on his driving, and he fell out the door smashed of his head ...
I bet theres more drivers who are over the limit and drive pritty good than those swerving all over the place
A fav sticker of mine
"Im not drunk im avaoiding pot holes "
Old 05-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #39
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

2am in the morning? Pretty safe to say he was a drunk driver, and not suffering from a medical condition.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #40
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

If you follow someone trying to be a hero you may find your self beaten to pulp, then consider was it worth it or should I have just minded my own business?

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
Old 05-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #41
saam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Minding your own business is one thing you can do

We all have options. And not 1 option is better than the other

Some of us wouldnt care about seeing a drunk behind a wheel of a car and go about doing our own thing. UNTIL

That drunk driver slams into someone you know, maybe a relative, a child, a family member..
Old 05-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #42
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
2am in the morning? Pretty safe to say he was a drunk driver, and not suffering from a medical condition.
I didnt know people with medical conditions didnt drive at night?
Old 05-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #43
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.6
If you had a dashcam and sent the video to the cops, you reckon he would get pinged for reckless driving considering it would be hard to prove he was drunk? Atleast he would get some form of punishment?
Prove who was driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO
Not to be confused with 2am in the afternoon.... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3
If you follow someone trying to be a hero you may find your self beaten to pulp, then consider was it worth it or should I have just minded my own business?
Exactly. IMO, right think is call 000 and report it. Then hope like hell something is done. Unless it can be picked up by a curb side camera, the police have bigger fish to fry!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 05-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #44
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
Yeh people never get sick at night.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #45
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChRiDDa View Post
Legislation has changed - If they have a prior for drink driving (ie they have been to Court and have been convicted) - If the prior is after January 2009, their car can be impounded!
Oh that is excellent news - thank you for the update

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #46
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

As a matter on interest, tell me?.... Is there ANYONE on this forum that's EVER driven while over the legal alcohol limit? And be truthful!
Don't get me wrong, I know it's a crime, potentially life endangering, AND bloody wrong.. BUT all the "holier than tho, burn the witch" brigade that these type of threads always attract really get up my nose.
The police throw enormous resources at .05, how about we leave it to them rather than the AFF lynch mob taking over?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
This user likes this post:
Old 05-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #47
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
Oh that is excellent news - thank you for the update
Same also applies for unlicensed, unregistered and uninsured in QLD.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #48
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think there is anything else needed here.

Closed
Closed Thread