Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #31
AU Mont
Banned

Default Re: No more REVS or VicRoads vehicle checks

the big thing i will miss is the QLD Vcheck which included PPSR info, but also a full registration history with dates/suburb & speedometer reading each time it passed hands. This is info not many other states gave out if i recall

i didnt care that it was $30 a pop, the info was interesting, especially when you were looking at a "One owner" lovingly cared for car, then with a credit card & internet connection 2 mins later have a report emailed to you showing it was ex-rental, living on the coast, passed across 10 owners in a short period...... stay away!!
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #32
Troy_xlr8
Starter Motor

wow qld came up with previous reg'd ppl? that would be alright..

The cost is $3.70 we used to be able to do a free check but if you wanted a security certificate it would cost $7 So $3.70 for the same thing isnt going to make you broke is it?

You need to ask yourself if $3.70 is too much, should you really be buying that new car?

Anyway this includes a nation wide search now, not just state.. Although something rather funny I just quote out of the certificate i just got in the mail.. "Tasmanian stolen vehicle information is currently unavailable from this service. For information about the status
of Tasmanian vehicles, go to: http://www.transport.tas.gov.au/pls/...60523886732710 (Note:
you will need to provide the vehicle registration plate number to search this site)
" lol so they arent part of australia after all? ;)
Troy_xlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #33
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

people seem to hate change, I'm yet to work out why

it's cheap, cheaper than it used to be in fact with a REVS certificate (NSW)

a national system that covers more assets, seems a good thing to me
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #34
Troy_xlr8
Starter Motor

Exclamation Re: No more REVS or VicRoads vehicle checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus880 View Post
people seem to hate change, I'm yet to work out why

it's cheap, cheaper than it used to be in fact with a REVS certificate (NSW)

a national system that covers more assets, seems a good thing to me
Yup, I work as an IT project manager so I know all about change.. Its really stupid how people are afraid of learning new things and will spend more energy to fight against it then spend less energy embracing it.
Troy_xlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #35
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_xlr8 View Post
Yup, I work as an IT project manager so I know all about change.. Its really stupid how people are afraid of learning new things and will spend more energy to fight against it then spend less energy embracing it.
I worked on an IT PPSR project for a major lender

Let's just say the Tasmanian system in the past was a comedy of errors!

They were so far behind the rest of Oz it wasn't funny.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #36
JG34JA

Some good points - I'd like to note it also creates a wonderful 'Domesday Book' of everything in the society, if enforced in full. That could be really handy for governments if they need assets to 'procure' quick-smart in an emergency.
JG34JA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #37
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU View Post
Still yet to understand why this is necessary for the hire and rental industry... ???

Most HRIA members feel the same

Basically if you have a vehicle on long term rent, and the renter goes insolvent, then the vehicle will be regarded as an asset of the renter.
This is not an issue with personal renters, but is a serious issue in regards to business renters.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post