Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #1
Ghostdriver
Starter Motor

Arrow Happy New Year rant :(

Had a great night on NYE.

Came back to my car in the morning.

Some bastard had had a wonderful time jumping on and caving in the roof. Just what I wanted to see ... a reservoir of rainwater just f...ing sitting there on my 2yo XR6 I'd just paid off.

The roof popped back out of its own accord while driving to the cop shop but it's still dimpled and is an insurance job to fix.

What I want to know is what possible enjoyment is there in willfully damaging the prized property of someone they don't even frigging know. Can someone explain the sick, twisted sense of satisfaction there would be for making someone feel miserable.

Ghostdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #2
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdriver
Had a great night on NYE.

Came back to my car in the morning.

Some bastard had had a wonderful time jumping on and caving in the roof. Just what I wanted to see ... a reservoir of rainwater just f...ing sitting there on my 2yo XR6 I'd just paid off.

The roof popped back out of its own accord while driving to the cop shop but it's still dimpled and is an insurance job to fix.

What I want to know is what possible enjoyment is there in willfully damaging the prized property of someone they don't even frigging know. Can someone explain the sick, twisted sense of satisfaction there would be for making someone feel miserable.
Not what you want to hear but it seems the way of the world these days,no one respects anyone elses stuff.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:13 PM   #3
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

I wouldnt say *noone* deesun. Some people are just morons, simple as that, but I wouldnt say everyone is infantile enough to enjoy doing that & disrespecting other peoples property.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 02:25 PM   #4
WASP
Whipple Induced

I don't have the answer but know this, with everything in this world there's an opposite. Love vs hate, smart vs stupid, good vs bad etc. Basically if there's something in this world that you’re really love, there's something or someone out there somewhere that will take it way from you if given the chance.

Little point trying to understand why, just appreciate the fact that nothing in this world can be taken for granted (besides death and taxes..lol)
Old 05-01-2006, 02:29 PM   #5
Rapid260

sorry to here what happened, there are some moorons out there, & they will get whats coming to them one day, they are normaly the type that get drunk & kill themselfs in a car. so lets just hope it happens.

Kev
Rapid260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 02:31 PM   #6
max^power
Formerly au^ute

It's a shame you can't hear when people walk past your car and say/think "wow thats a nice looking car!", instead we only see what the morons leave behind, the scratches, dints, spew (yes we've had that at our place), broken glass or what ever it maybe.

Lets just hope the person that did it, has it happen to them one day.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #7
krusic
XR5T Pilot

That really sucks mate, I know how you feel, I had some bastard kick in the rear door of my XR6 a couple of months ago. Then a few weeks ago another bastard keyed all the way down the side of Dad's Escape. Some people have no respect for other people and their property.

Hope you can get it fixed and they can find the bastards, but I wouldn't hold too much hope.

Steve
krusic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #8
nang3

that f'n sucks !! i dont know why people have no respect for other peoples cars, its bad enough in carparks when people open their doors into your car but this is much worse !!!
nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 03:53 PM   #9
chief
FTF Club Moderator

The only way I could explain it if the pr!cks were drunk when they did this. That is still no excuse to damage other people's property. Sorry to hear.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 04:34 PM   #10
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Un fortunately this happenes all the time and not . When operating tow Trucks I get to see all types of this from burnt out cars to car that have been jumped on ! The cars are sitting where the owner left it , but has been vandelised by some braindead who is bored ! No wonder why Vigilantes feel the need to rise up and strike back !

Sorry to hear about your misforune ghostdriver , but its not anything that you could have prevented short of never taking your car out of your garage , and even then its not 100% that some F/Wit wont break in looking for drug money !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 06:24 PM   #11
falcon91

I don't understand some people. I immediately put this down to young male adults out to impress one another with their bravery? (Maybe I'm just getting old) But I must admit when I was a boy, 'RESPECT' was a word we understood!
I hope the insurance goes well, however now premium may rise, it's just a lack of (That word again!)
falcon91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 07:09 PM   #12
iCat
doof doof doof doof

Christmas night my car was out on the nature strip for 1 hr 20mins while I got ready to go to work - came out and it had been done over thoroughly with silly string and that Christmas spray stuff. It came off fairly easily, but why do it? I sure as hell didn't smile about it.
iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 08:11 PM   #13
nang3

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon91
I don't understand some people. I immediately put this down to young male adults out to impress one another with their bravery? (Maybe I'm just getting old) But I must admit when I was a boy, 'RESPECT' was a word we understood!
I hope the insurance goes well, however now premium may rise, it's just a lack of (That word again!)
I think the problem here is our ever increasingly politically correct climate..10-20+ years ago, if you damaged someones car and got caught, you were pretty much guaranteed a good beating from your old man, the cop who caught you or the guy whose car it was. so you learnt about respect through a certain amount of fear as well..

But nowadays in our nanny-state'esque world, the offender has way too many rights and any vigilante type retaliation by the victim would result in charges brought on by the offender.. unfortunately its just the way it is and it sucks a55!! no young'uns learn to respect anything anymore..

im constantly surprised everyday at how cheeky young people are, when i was 12 or so theres no way i would mouth off to a 6foot+ 100kg goateed bikie looking 27 yr old, but its happened to me a few times. they think they are invincible from a young age but i will never let them get away with it.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:23 PM   #14
falcon91

nang3 for Prime Minister!
falcon91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 08:47 PM   #15
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nang3
im constantly surprised everyday at how cheeky young people are, when i was 12 or so theres no way i would mouth off to a 6foot+ 100kg goateed bikie looking 27 yr old, but its happened to me a few times. they think they are invincible from a young age but i will never let them get away with it.
It's the anti-bullying policies at schools i'm telling ya, they seem to think no-one can touch them you just have to beat up people like that.

Sorry to hear about your car Ghostdriver that really sucks.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 08:54 PM   #16
FordFan86
meow

These are the people with IQ <90
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 11:44 PM   #17
max^power
Formerly au^ute

It's not just the young ones. I was abused, for not ringing the bell on my bike riding it past some old biddy and her partner riding along a bike track. they were going 5km/h i was riding 30, slowed down to around 15 when overtaking. Claims i scared her... LOL, i said a few things

Some of the oldies are just as bad, seems when they realise they are about to croak, they get cut at everything and everyone!
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 07:30 AM   #18
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IMHO most a-holes who do this are "young" (<25y) and either stupid or drunk .. i *HOPE* that one day they scrape together enough money to buy a decent car and have someone else do the same thing to them .. morons ..
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 07:59 AM   #19
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Sorry to hear that this has happen. Let's hope who ever did this will have something bad happen to something they own & cherries.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:01 AM   #20
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Sorry to hear ghostdriver. Nang3's right. Combine this with the ideal that our younger generation has that "It's alright, just buy a new one!". I deal with quite a few younger people through work and can't believe the "throw-away" mentality they have and the lack of respect for other peoples property. Problem is, if anything happens like this to them, they just turn around to mum and dad and say "If you really love me you'll buy me a new one", or, "I need money to fix my car, hand it over".
Quite a lot of us have had to work very hard for everything we've ever had, only for some mental midget to ruin it for us.
Sad but true.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 08:42 AM   #21
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Default its just not fair.

OMG Id be PI$$ED!
How much would a repair cost? $2000- $3000? My delema is that I am 21 and being a XR i have a sickening $2300 excess i have to fork out before anyone else will pick up the remaiding of the bill.

So for anything less than about $3500 of damange whats the point in making a claim?

I have thought twice about respraying my car due to low lifes who damage cars and shopping centre dammage.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:06 AM   #22
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
shopping centre dammage.
^^ my worst fear. The amount of people who can't seem to park between 2 white lines is amazing. Of course there's also the fear of a run-away trolley...

Ghostdriver - sorry to hear what happened mate. That really sucks :(
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 09:06 AM   #23
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Sorry to hear it ghostdriver, I know how you feel, I got i nice early christmas pressent keying on my XR6 23/12/05. Fortunately I only cost $250 to have the door resprayed (yay for white cars!), but it still suck to have to fix anything that you didn't do to your car... I imagine something happening to your roof would be significantly worse. Good luck with the insurance.

...not trying to incite anything here, but i can only imagine that it was some moron holden support, thinking he was cool (probably to impress equally moronic mates)...
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 09:23 AM   #24
Ghostdriver
Starter Motor

Estimated damage bill > $2000

If paid for by insurance then:

Excess of about $500 plus loss of no claim bonus, plus time off road.

Mr Nang3, Prime Minister maybe but definitely Premier of Victoria. As long as you sack Peter Batchelor.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #25
Ghostdriver
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrifter

...not trying to incite anything here, but i can only imagine that it was some moron holden support, thinking he was cool (probably to impress equally moronic mates)...
I doubt it. Car people, whatever their colour, usually respect cars. More likely some anarchist a55hole.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #26
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a bunch of sad cases they all are. Why do stuff like that on new years also. My brother had left his car out the front of the house, gets up sunday morning to find the right hand side had been keyed. Like what goes through the minds of these morons?
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 10:52 AM   #27
nang3

yeh i hopefully doubt brandname had an influence in it, probably more the jealousy plus the ersehole factor of todays youth... but then again im sure there are some diehard anti-ford troglodites out there who would be capable.
i know if i see a nice car no matter what brand i appreciate it even if it is a holden/hsv etc and would never damage it..
Old 06-01-2006, 04:48 PM   #28
Ghostdriver
Starter Motor

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nang3
... i appreciate it even if it is a holden/hsv etc.
Especially if.

Looking forward to the day I get a grey Holden Ute to park in my garage next to Ghost, my grey XR.

The one thing that gets lost in this Falcon v Commodore thing is that, at the end of the day they (along with Mits 380 and Camry) keep Aussies in jobs. If anything deserves animosity from Commodore or Falcon fanatics it's the imported stuff (including that which wears Ford or Holden badges).
Old 06-01-2006, 08:00 PM   #29
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

that sucks the foot long mate!

my mate had that happen to his wagon, and i tell ya it wasnt fun on the 2 hour trip home, I had to hold half the roof up most the way.
I think that its getting a bit out of control lately, things little bastards get away with these days!!

The pricks need the beating of there lives once, and they wont even THINK about doing it another time, thats all it takes.
Would love to see some more power given to Police in our country, they might as wel wear pink too-too's and have a wand in there holsters.

( sorry, edited my post 5 times before i could post something half "G" rated. )
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 12:43 PM   #30
nang3

"have a wand in there holsters""

haha thats classic... classic but sadly true.. the cops should definitely introduce more of a tough line stance on younger offenders, if they were roughed up a lot more like in pre-nanny state times, im sure they would be less likely to reoffend..