Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Oct 1, Nevada, Motorcyclists can LEGALLY run Red Lights !! Gotta Love America!!!

As of next Tuesday, October 1, motorcyclists, cyclists, moped and tri-wheel riders in Nevada will be legally allowed to run red lights under one condition: there is no other traffic around, and they have waited at the light through two red-light cycles. When light sensors under the road don't detect a two-wheeled vehicle it can leave a rider sitting a light until a car shows up, or the rider will need to dismount and press the "Walk" button to get the light to change. The law was passed in order to provide a more expedient way to deal with the situation.

Nevada isn't the first state to consider and pass such a law. In fact, it's about the tenth state to either have such a law on the books or to be considering it, since Illinois has done it, and so have Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Tennessee and Nebraska.

Unlike some of those other cases, the Nevada police don't appear to be against it but they have said it will be difficult to enforce the two red-light-cycle rule. You can watch the news segment from KSNV on the new law in the video below.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/26/n...%28Autoblog%29

Old 28-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
scottyg938
Stock Boss

Default Re: Oct 1, Nevada, Motorcyclists can LEGALLY run Red Lights !! Gotta Love America!!!

I understand that, a fair few times I've been out on my bike and got stuck sitting at lights that haven't registered that I was there.

Blueprint | Manual | Leather | Premium sound | Sunroof | Shockworks coilovers | TrueTrac + 3.73 Diff Gears
scottyg938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 01:28 AM   #3
ms700
Big Member

Default Re: Oct 1, Nevada, Motorcyclists can LEGALLY run Red Lights !! Gotta Love America!!!

Yeah, very frustrating when you see every one else get their turn at the lights, and you are sitting there, idling away, usually dressed in leathers, on a hot summers day

Tuned by GENTECH 567rwkw/760rwhp

BA XR6T Tuned by GENTECH 349rwkw.

2013 H/D Nightrod Special - DynoJet PowerVision tuned.
ms700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #4
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
legally allowed to run red lights under one condition: there is no other traffic around, and they have waited at the light through two red-light cycles.
That looks like two conditions. And I bet nobody bothers with the second.
Old 28-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #5
geehaa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Vic View Post
That looks like two conditions. And I bet nobody bothers with the second.
For sure. A victory for common sense
geehaa is offline   Reply With Quote