Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #61
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

XR6's are deadly.

Soon the government will be forced to put health warning on them like cigarettes.

"DRIVING AN XR6 WHILST PREGNANT MAY HARM YOUR BABY"
"EVEN LOW OCTAINE XR6'S CAN CAUSE CRASHES"
"XR6'S CAN CAUSE SPEEDING INDUCED DEATH"

The problem the govenment faces over the next 20 years is the medical problems XR6's cause, especialy to younger teenages who become addicted to them. Peer pressure at school can cause addiction to XR6's and increased risk of death.

The government has intoduced a tax (like gambling, alcohol and tobacco) to help with problem XR6 addicts. Family lobby groups are protesting to have them banned. XR6 manufacturers are now banned from all sports sponsorship and media advertising.

Old 15-01-2006, 02:24 PM   #62
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
XR6's are deadly.

Soon the government will be forced to put health warning on them like cigarettes.

The problem the govenment faces over the next 20 years is the medical problems XR6's cause, especialy to younger teenages who become addicted to them. Peer pressure at school can cause addiction to XR6's and increased risk of death.

The government has intoduced a tax (like gambling, alcohol and tobacco) to help with problem XR6 addicts. Family lobby groups are protesting to have them banned. XR6 manufacturers are now banned from all sports sponsorship and media advertising.

ROFL!!! :evil_laug
Now excuse me while I go tend to my death machine...
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2006, 09:43 PM   #63
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

read the reply today, lol, a tarted up xt...nice one bro :P
Old 17-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #64
Cespenar
Huh?

Media types dont realise they are all dicks. They can write, and think all others cant. You ask "em. They'll tell you!
Cespenar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 12:26 PM   #65
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Has anyone got the original letter and the reply?

I wanna read...
Old 17-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #66
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You could probably find it on their website, sometimes the editorials are available... just a thought anyway.

I wonder if anyone would get upset if those who are selling their XR6's advertised them as a 'Death Machine as quoted in the Courier Mail'...might be an interesting selling point :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 01:36 PM   #67
Dezza
Parts bin special

OK. I have no airbags, no ABS, no traction control, no stability control, and my ultrastock suspension feels like it's made out of jelly! Yet when I crashed heavily over 3 years ago, all I got was a small scratch on my knee. If I was in a 4 cylinder buzzbox, I would be dead! The car spent two months off the road getting most of the front end replaced (amazingly the mechanicals survived, except for the radiator!), while I felt absolutely fine. The BA is even safer, particularily the XR6. Some people have no idea about safety.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #68
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
The BA is even safer, particularily the XR6. Some people have no idea about safety.
The problem with what you have said is you feel they should care about safety....
You will find its a Ford Hater and someone that has had a run in with a person driving an XR6 in particular.....
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #69
Stampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
XR6's are deadly.

Younger teenages who become addicted to them. Peer pressure at school can cause addiction to XR6's and increased risk of death.
And Reading AFF is the worst affender ,I Want a New Death machine in Rapid with the auto 6 speed killer stick ...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #70
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Hey, I like those warning ideas!

"Aim away from face"
"Excessive use may cause financial difficulties"
"Failure to operate the brakes in a manner described in the manual may result in loss of life"
"Doors open outward"
Old 17-01-2006, 03:14 PM   #71
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"XR6 may harm others"
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 03:17 PM   #72
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

My XR6 isn't a death machine... Did I get a faulty one?

I wonder if Ford will fix that under warranty.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #73
HOON69
Banned

my mate always says
the quicker the ride the quicker you can die

but his always up on one so it doesnt count kinda

in this day and age i could get my old rolla to 180 and at them speeds it shakes like its gunna fall apart doesn't stop till its too late, and these little cars these days if a truck side wiped one its all over for you,i'd prefer my ford sedan over any 4 cylinder,death traps pfft every vehicle is so whats this whingers point?
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post