Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-01-2014, 06:00 AM   #1
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Block Introduces F-150 RaptorTRAX

Hoonigan Racing Division’s Ken Block has an all-new project: his Ford F-150 RaptorTRAX, the ultimate backcountry snowboard expedition vehicle. Block’s RaptorTRAX also happens to be the world’s fastest snowcat for backcountry snowboarding and will star in an upcoming video to be released Winter 2014/15.

“This project is something I’ve had in my head for awhile now,” said Block. “I absolutely love my daily driver Ford Raptor, especially since I live out here in the mountains of Park City, so to build out this mountain assault vehicle with a Raptor as the base platform made total sense to me. It’s an absolute beast of a machine and I’m stoked with how it’s turned out. Next up is for me to take it deep into the backcountry ASAP to help me and some friends slay some powder on our snowboards for a video project due out later this year.”

Built from a Ford Racing prepared F-150 Raptor pickup truck and further enhanced by Special Vehicle Concepts in California, the truck features snowboard racks, a roof basket, a rear-mounted winch, interior storage for snacks and drinks, an exterior stereo setup for blasting music on-site and plenty of exterior-mounted Rigid Industries lighting to help guide the way, the RaptorTRAX is purpose-built to be the best tool possible for reaching serious backcountry powder.

In addition to the things that help make it the best for a day of riding, the RaptorTRAX has performance to back up the looks. Featuring a Whipple supercharged 6.2L V8, a full roll cage, Recaro seating and four burly Mattracks, there’s not much that can stand in its way on the mountain.

Like what you see? Stay tuned for the RaptorTRAX in action in a full video later this year, winter 2014/2015. If you can’t wait that long, you can also see it on display at Winter X Games in Aspen, Colorado, later this week with Monster Energy.

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #2
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

Default Re: Block Introduces F-150 RaptorTRAX

Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #3
Rockape
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wish I had his job.

Kawasaki ZZR1100
Rockape is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #4
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
Wish I had his job.
+1.
Only gotta see the stuff on his fb page. Living the dream ill say.
Old 22-01-2014, 11:21 PM   #5
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

love it

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #6
1TUFFUTE
Banned

This dude is a legend....I painted my shed walls in hooligan blue because it's such a hot colour
Can't wait to see this beast in action
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post