Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 04:46 PM   #31
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Ford 351 GT to make a comeback

So if 335kw works out to be 308rwkw stock (as in an auto GTE), then 351 will be around 318rwkw stock. With an exhaust and tune, 308 quickly becomes 351wkw, so I guess the same would apply with these as well? ie what starts off at 351fwkw can easily be made to reach 351rwkw - that' what I'd be aiming for if I could afford one of these. More power than stock, but not enough to necessarily frighten the drivetrain, chassis etc, and still the right numbers!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 05-04-2014, 05:53 PM   #32
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But its sad the Miami V8 can keep up in a straight line with the GTS. for a car that has 100Kw and a **** load of torque more that's about the same size and weighs about the same shouldn't the GTS be a **** load quicker??? It amazes me when ford realises fastest accelerating car in australia. Its critised but yet holden do it, its praise central!! These are the same people that claim $76k is too much for a Falcon but will be happy about a $92k Commodore. Go figure
7 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #33
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
But its sad the Miami V8 can keep up in a straight line with the GTS. for a car that has 100Kw and a **** load of torque more that's about the same size and weighs about the same shouldn't the GTS be a **** load quicker??? It amazes me when ford realises fastest accelerating car in australia. Its critised but yet holden do it, its praise central!! These are the same people that claim $76k is too much for a Falcon but will be happy about a $92k Commodore. Go figure
The GTS doesn't have 100kw more than the blown 5L, the GT is around maybe 390kw and is lighter than the GTS which is why the GTS is only slightly quicker 0-100 and 1/4 mile times than the R Spec but there is alot more to a good performance car than just straight line speed. When you look a the performance hardware difference between the FPV's and GTS its easy to see why its worth the extra dollars, any car that can hang with some of the euro performance cars in terms of performance for 90k is mighty bang for buck regardless of the badge, why not give it praise?

Anyway back on topic, has anyone actually put down a deposit for one of these bad boys?
3 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2014, 06:52 PM   #34
BHDOGS
Banned

Yeh it's more then speed when Holden are slower unless there faster then handling means nothing Holden lovers logic.
3 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #35
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dowling has been reading the forums
Old 05-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #36
strik9
aka fpv747

there,s more to a performance car than red vs blue. everyone go,s on that holden get praise ford get bagged.

all i hear is a bunch of cry babies. they talked the f6 up for years and ragged on holden for not having anything that comes close. but a few pimple poppers get on here bang on gts this gts that blah blah . blind freddy can tell you have never driven one. so your just banging on because your to blind to see past a badge. lame as.

me i enjoy and respect all nice performance cars. hope fpv bring out a cracker for us all to read about and or enjoy
5 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #37
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

No matter what it consists of or how it compares to the opposition (and I don't think a helluva a lot of buyers will care that actually buy it), 500 will fork out for it, and thats the end folks. Not much else matters really. Choose to cross it off your list, believe its overpriced, or that its a sticker pack. Analyse til your heart is content. They will sell, value is what people will pay and they're only looking for 500 true believers IMHO either this car is for you.....or if you're a fence sitting buyer of the brand and not attached to the GT badge and nostalgia, GTS is an awesome vehicle, go get one.

As for me the choice would be obvious....but heck you could always trade over to a GTS later to one of those 500 other procrastinators that missed out

Last edited by PepeLePew; 05-04-2014 at 07:31 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #38
00pix
Starter Motor

I think Ford have left it to late and have made a big mistake from the begining. Bring back the GT was a good idea but have done so in the wrong way. How many GT's do they want to make, we already have and (please correct me if i'm wrong or missed one), 5th anniversary, 40th anniversary, GT Black, GT R-spec, GT Cobra and all the normal GT's and now they want to bring out 351 GT. I don't know about you but I think its an over kill and this is why there are over 225 GT's for sale on carsales alone wright know. What ever happened to the Ford GT being the fastest production car you could buy off the showroom floor? Back in the day you could tell the difference between the GT's, now they all look the same. Like everyone is saying, the difference is just a sticker kit. Its a shame it has to end like this, it could have been much much more.
This user likes this post:
Old 05-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #39
GTMOND

They are changing wheels and some suspension parts so it's not really a sticker pack. No one knows what they will do. They will never do enough for some and why would they spend millions developing the quickest 4 door sedan for 6 months of production. Just got to have some reality. It would be nice for them to do that but just doesn't make sense.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #40
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00pix View Post
I think Ford have left it to late and have made a big mistake from the begining. Bring back the GT was a good idea but have done so in the wrong way. How many GT's do they want to make, we already have and (please correct me if i'm wrong or missed one), 5th anniversary, 40th anniversary, GT Black, GT R-spec, GT Cobra and all the normal GT's and now they want to bring out 351 GT. I don't know about you but I think its an over kill and this is why there are over 225 GT's for sale on carsales alone wright know. What ever happened to the Ford GT being the fastest production car you could buy off the showroom floor? Back in the day you could tell the difference between the GT's, now they all look the same. Like everyone is saying, the difference is just a sticker kit. Its a shame it has to end like this, it could have been much much more.

And how may HSV's are there on carsales ATM?,
Sticker packs are from both sides, hsv has had a few too, the GT was never gonna be a sales saviour, just a hero car for the current range and there are way more hsv' s out there than fpv's.
The biggest shame is the the GT will end with the FG, I'd have loved to see a FH GT to really finish it off .
This last one will sell to those who want it and given the falcon ends soon that's what it's all about.
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
Old 05-04-2014, 08:46 PM   #41
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
how many GTs do you own

srs
Old 05-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #42
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I still think this is a suck hole way for Ford OZ to wimp out of here in manufacturing terms.
No glory here. Last "GT" probably won't even come with the best brake package on all units.
Just effed off & left us with a lesser product than gm/h left with.
Will be putting way less bias on import Fords & love than others.
An import is an import.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #43
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem View Post
I still think this is a suck hole way for Ford OZ to wimp out of here in manufacturing terms.
No glory here. Last "GT" probably won't even come with the best brake package on all units.
Just effed off & left us with a lesser product than gm/h left with.
Will be putting way less bias on import Fords & love than others.
An import is an import.
you know something we dont

saving good brakes for XR8 ?
Old 05-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #44
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
So factory 500 hp and low 12 sec quarter and ability to get to top speed quicker than it takes most keyboard drivers to get 100 kays. Most people would poop their pants peddling these cars at even 3/4 throttle let alone giving them the beans at WOT.
and then a simple tune takes them to another level altogether.
honestly , all this bs about sticker packs and wanting more is laughable.
I've never had any issues with identifying a GT when I see them on the road. Big wheels, big rear wing , big body kit , big brakes and big sticker packs with bright colours. They stand out like dogs balls. Not to mention the naughty noises they make when the right foot is tickled.
GT, you either get it or you dont. Simple.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #45
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

There will always be 2 types of people ......

There are the 500 that choose to buy a 351 GT (Sounds good ) and will no doubt thoroughly love and enjoy the car, drive it as intended and be envious to quite a few out there that just couldn't stretch to get one. After all ...... to some, the badge, the brand and the way it drives and everything about the car will be totally sufficient for what these 500 want!

Then there are those that will continually hang crap on the car because of their own reasons whether they are too expensive, don't like the stripes, don't like the badge, complain because it doesn't have more buttons, not value for money, doesn't come in pink ...... etc Who cares! It doesn't to the 500 who purchase the car? To some the GTS might be better or something else ...... but guess what? To many, the 351 (335 or what ever config) is what they want.

Each to their own and really is a shame that being a Ford enthusiast gives others a reason to think that their choice is the only one to make for everyone else. No it isn't. Its a matter of choice and the reasons people pick and buy their cars is different to everyone else. Cannot understand that some cannot understand this.

Just let those who want a 351 GT buy one for their own reasons.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-04-2014, 09:23 PM   #46
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1415737&page=5

Can we continue the story here as it has been going for a while.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread