Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-05-2014, 06:42 AM   #1
RTGT
Long arms Short pockets!

Smile M7 motorcycle patrol

Go a call yesterday to go & pick up my little one from pre school as the mrs was running late. Got onto the m7 from the Great Western heading north when I came up behind a group of cars following a motorcycle cop doing around 96-98 kph. Mmmmm set cruise to 103 and pulled out into Rh lane... When past everyone & was going to pull back in when safe when the cycle cop speed up & matched my speed. Now each time my car (on cruise) pulled slightly ahead on slight hills the cop sped up.. So now I'm stuck in the over taking lane with at least one car directly behind in this lane matching my speed. My issue is do I speed up to safely pull back in to the LH lane or slow down & pull in behind??? Any how after a few kms the copper lights me up !
I get out of my car with license in hand and I get the full rant on....the Rh lane being only for over taking & that I was speeding up until I caught up with him & I could be convicted for not using the Rh lane correctly... I after some time replied with cruise on I was sticking to the speed limit & didn't want to risk getting done for speeding to over take him, plus it wasn't safe for me & other road users to slow & pull in behind him like the other lemmings!
He then went on about my car asking when I last got the speedo checked / serviced etc... Long story short I bit my tongue told him it's well looked after being only 8 months old whilst thinking this guys a complete Knob Jockey!
Any how he finally almost throws my license back at me & tells me to be on my way!
The good news is I get to pick up my 3 yr old not to late & tell her i was delayed slightly by a police man.
I fell over when she replied to me "that he probably drives a Holden!" Daddy
& I'm still laughing now.
You gotta luv the way kids see things!
Cheers,

First GT 110hp 73 Cortina
Latest GT 450 hp & rising! 2013 FPV GT Manual
Twin BMC, Bi Modal, KPM breathers, F1 A2's
RTGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2014, 07:15 AM   #2
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: M7 motorcycle patrol

That cop was definitely a Knob Head. Some of them are so full of themselves they make you want to puke.

Cheers Mike

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #3
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

no offence to anyone here but ive spoke to two bike cops
and both were complete peanuts and arrogant/rude
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2014, 01:01 PM   #4
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In Queensland the Motorcycle Highway Patrol (Evil Knevils) are law to themselves.
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #5
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTGT View Post
I get out of my car with license in hand and I get the full rant on....the Rh lane being only for over taking & that I was speeding up until I caught up with him & I could be convicted for not using the Rh lane correctly
I'd have asked him why every time I was in a position to be able to get out of the right lane, why he kept speeding up, what game was he playing.

I was driving home from a late finish at work (4am), I saw some headlights behind me a few hundred metres back, and within a minute the car was right on my **** (so obviously had been in a hurry to catch me). I took a couple of turns and it followed, right on my **** with headlights straight into my eyes. One of the corners, I'd had enough and accelerated away. Immediately the blue lights start (I had a feeling he was a cop, but unsure until then) and he pulled me over. He started telling me off for accelerating away abruptly. At 4am, tired and grumpy because the night's work had been a waste of time, I let him have it... demanded to know what I had done that justified him sitting so close for several km's, why at 4am he felt the need to blind me by sitting so close, and why it was ok for him to do that but I would be done for 'menacing driving' (anti-hoon laws had just come in) if I'd driven like that behind someone else. He back-pedalled, mumbled some crap about trying to keep the roads safe and took off. I think the only thing in my favour was that he was a general duties cop, not HWP, because those guys seem to have an ounce of common sense. OTOH, I've never met a HWP cop that didn't act like he was Mother Teresa doing vital life-changing work.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #6
MarkAW

The poor Lone Rangers spend all day by themselves - real nigel no-friends. As such they probably talk to themselves as there is nobody else to listen (it would still be the same in a packed out pub, hence the nigel reference).

Eventually they start talking about themselves and how heroically they catch those hoons raging up and down the motorways, some of them even exceeding the speed limit by one or two k's

Sometimes their hand slips off and they wake into reality - but not often.

I've had presumably the same Lone Ranger sit less than a metre of my rear bumper using the access road between the Sydney M4 and M7, an 80 kmph stretch of road. He was waiting for me to accelerate away from his idiot antic when in reality all I want to do was slam the brakes. He is truly lucky I valued my XR6. There was no way he could have avoided hospital or a pine box. Its a shame they don't review police cam footage all the time to see what their own idiots are doing.
MarkAW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2014, 07:07 PM   #7
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAW View Post
Its a shame they don't review police cam footage all the time to see what their own idiots are doing.
Send in your own footage to the media, I'm sure they'd have a field day with it
STEALTHY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2014, 07:50 PM   #8
_Ben
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Damn. This is why police have such a bad reputation. I struggle to respect police officers with the way the act :\
_Ben is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #9
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post

I was driving home from a late finish at work (4am), I saw some headlights behind me a few hundred metres back, and within a minute the car was right on my **** (so obviously had been in a hurry to catch me). I took a couple of turns and it followed, right on my **** with headlights straight into my eyes. One of the corners, I'd had enough and accelerated away. Immediately the blue lights start (I had a feeling he was a cop, but unsure until then) and he pulled me over. He started telling me off for accelerating away abruptly. At 4am, tired and grumpy because the night's work had been a waste of time, I let him have it... demanded to know what I had done that justified him sitting so close for several km's, why at 4am he felt the need to blind me by sitting so close, and why it was ok for him to do that but I would be done for 'menacing driving' (anti-hoon laws had just come in) if I'd driven like that behind someone else. He back-pedalled, mumbled some crap about trying to keep the roads safe and took off. I think the only thing in my favour was that he was a general duties cop, not HWP, because those guys seem to have an ounce of common sense. OTOH, I've never met a HWP cop that didn't act like he was Mother Teresa doing vital life-changing work.

Girlfriends friend lost her licence in a similar situation.
Late at night a car come speeding up behind her and sits a metre from her bumper. Follows her for several kms, she starts taking random corners to see if they follow. This car sit right behind her the whole time. She finally accelerated away and then gets the red and blue lights in her mirror.
Cops come up to the window laughing at her. Red P plater loss of licence for 3 months for any speeding ticket.
Legalized bulling it is.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #10
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

one of this forum's biggest complaints is people not keeping left on the highway so I find it strange that this cop is getting pilloried here for actually enforcing "keep left unless overtaking"

Last edited by Streets; 28-05-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2014, 08:13 PM   #11
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
one of this forum's biggest complaints is people not keeping left on the highway so I find it strange that this cop is getting pilloried here for actually enforcing "keep left unless overtaking"
the cop sped up when the OP was about to pass. the problem here was the cop, not the OP. no doubt if the OP had pulled in behind, the cop would have slowed down again.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2014, 11:26 PM   #12
RTGT
Long arms Short pockets!

If it was anyone else I would have sped up and then pulled back into the left hand lane!
One of my pet hates is RH lane hogger's !
I used to ride bikes my self (just waiting for the Norton 961 to be released) so I like to give bikes some room!
This copper was just being a dick !

Old 28-05-2014, 11:34 PM   #13
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I've noticed as I've gotten older police seem to be getting worse or I'm just noticing it more. I got done for speeding twice very late at night when I was younger and stupid, was way over but the first time the cop was friendly, just basically said could of got me for more don't be stupid. Second time I got pulled over got the full on lecture completely justified.

But now days I find myself being more nervous around police when I'm not doing anything wrong, and the ones that seem to be the worst are the new recruits with something to prove! Another reason why I think a dash cam might be a good call in the future for any bullshit fines if the OP ended up getting one for the officers pig headedness

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-05-2014, 09:27 AM   #14
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Just to chuck in a good word for the younger police.

I was driving the TS50 last week and had the kids in the back. Came upon a RBT and was pulled over. As I'm rolling up to the young fellow doing the test, he’s eyeing it off and I'm thinking ok, whilst I have a Cert for the mods, it's not the most subtle of cars. With the rad fans kicking in sounding like a Harrier jump jet taking off, the whine of the S/C and the exhaust being just a "touch" on the loud side, I'm sure I'm going to get looked at. I pull up next to the young officer, show him how good I am at blowing air through a straw, and then fully expect to be told to pull over so they can check the car out.

None of that, he said thank you for doing the RBT, stuck his head in the rear window, threw a hello at the kids, asked how school was (they were pumped!) and then thanked me again. Was very impressed with his attitude!

That I then took off, bouncing on the limiter, leaving 2 black snakes and then got cavity searched, was disappointing, however prior to that was a good experience. ;)

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 30-05-2014, 09:28 AM   #15
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

double post

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok

Last edited by Grunter; 30-05-2014 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Double
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2014, 07:14 AM   #16
V8 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAW View Post
The poor Lone Rangers spend all day by themselves - real nigel no-friends. As such they probably talk to themselves as there is nobody else to listen (it would still be the same in a packed out pub, hence the nigel reference).

Eventually they start talking about themselves and how heroically they catch those hoons raging up and down the motorways, some of them even exceeding the speed limit by one or two k's

Sometimes their hand slips off and they wake into reality - but not often.

I've had presumably the same Lone Ranger sit less than a metre of my rear bumper using the access road between the Sydney M4 and M7, an 80 kmph stretch of road. He was waiting for me to accelerate away from his idiot antic when in reality all I want to do was slam the brakes. He is truly lucky I valued my XR6. There was no way he could have avoided hospital or a pine box. Its a shame they don't review police cam footage all the time to see what their own idiots are doing.
Hay stop the beating on Nigel ,s

Regards Nigel :
V8 fan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #17
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

I was at a servo getting a jump start in my coupe by my missus Navara. As I was hooking up the jumper leads, I notice a motorcycle cop pulling in. No worries he's just getting fuel. Got the coupe started and then help my missus reverse out of the driveway, stopping cars so she could get out. Then I jumped back in the coupe as I was putting my seat belt on, I notice the copper walking towards me. I thought what the **** dose he want? He come up to the window and said 'very nice'. Then he looked over at the Mcdonalds carpark which was next door and said ' You should take this over to that carpark and show them kids in the rice burners what a real car is.' I just laughed and said 'thanks' and drove away laughing. As I was pulling out the kids in the rice burners had a puzzled look on there faces. Must of been because I drove away from the copper laughing.

Sorry not all cops are the same they're people like you and me. Just like any job trade you get good ones, bad ones or stupid ones. Just can't throw them under the same blanket.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 01-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #18
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
Sorry not all cops are the same they're people like you and me. Just like any job trade you get good ones, bad ones or stupid ones. Just can't throw them under the same blanket.
I have to agree with this.

We get plenty of threads on here about bad Ford dealers and good Ford dealers. There are some people in every profession that will just take you for a ride.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #19
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
Whats the excuse for LV mechanics then, in a 30km circumference of my area out of all the businesses there is only ONE business I would trust my cars with, and one other specific person (who isnt licensed but is damn good at turning spanners on cars).
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #20
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

****ed if I know Damo, you're telling the story.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #21
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter View Post
Just to chuck in a good word for the younger police.

I was driving the TS50 last week and had the kids in the back. Came upon a RBT and was pulled over. As I'm rolling up to the young fellow doing the test, he’s eyeing it off and I'm thinking ok, whilst I have a Cert for the mods, it's not the most subtle of cars. With the rad fans kicking in sounding like a Harrier jump jet taking off, the whine of the S/C and the exhaust being just a "touch" on the loud side, I'm sure I'm going to get looked at. I pull up next to the young officer, show him how good I am at blowing air through a straw, and then fully expect to be told to pull over so they can check the car out.

None of that, he said thank you for doing the RBT, stuck his head in the rear window, threw a hello at the kids, asked how school was (they were pumped!) and then thanked me again. Was very impressed with his attitude!

That I then took off, bouncing on the limiter, leaving 2 black snakes and then got cavity searched, was disappointing, however prior to that was a good experience. ;)
Minus the last paragraph... that was good to hear.

Like all professions, there's good guys and bad guys. Unfortunately whenever a bad cop rears their ugly head, everyone talks about it, yet no one talks about the other 80% that do their job quietly and properly.

I've never had issues with HWP myself (I've got a few fines but they were all my own fault and they usually fined me for doing less than I was) and they, like all cops, have a tough job dealing with the less pleasant members of society the rest of us like to have nothing to do with.

I'd you have the time, report the "bad ones" so that they can be retrained or booted out. The police, like Ford dealers, need to know about rubbish employees (I've contacted multiple dealer principals to complain about terrible sales staff) and so if we're going to spend time ranting online we should also spend the time making a complaint.
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2014, 08:46 AM   #22
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I have front and rear facing crash cams for situations like this. I would have overtaken the cop at 1 km/h over, and if he sped up, I probably would've attempted to pull in behind him. If he kept playing silly buggers, you can always call 000 on the hands free and report a suspicious character impersonating a policeman on the M7, and describe his actions....and you have the cam footage as evidence.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #23
RTGT
Long arms Short pockets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
I have front and rear facing crash cams for situations like this. I would have overtaken the cop at 1 km/h over, and if he sped up, I probably would've attempted to pull in behind him. If he kept playing silly buggers, you can always call 000 on the hands free and report a suspicious character impersonating a policeman on the M7, and describe his actions....and you have the cam footage as evidence.
Wasn't interested in playing silly buggers with this one. As I said I did attempt to speed up(105) then slow down to 98 to pull back in. Any how I would have had to slow right down to 70 if needs be as I was going to be turning of the M7 at the next exit!
I don't generally have any issues with the Hwy patrol as I do spend a lot of time in my car visiting my companies truck depots (Hume, Penrith,Smithfield, Gosford Newcastle)This one must have been having a bad day.
Anyhow got to pick up my daughter just on time with no fine or points .
Life's Good in a GT!
Cheers, Rob

Old 02-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #24
99er

killer commit by your daughter,i wish she said it to the cop.
99er is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #25
gsd112
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used to deal with police pretty regularly with my old job, emergency situations and the like. General duties cops hate HWY patrol officers. Had a few general duties officers giving it to a HWY patrol guy one night, calling him a w#$ker, and the fact they all would book there mother for 5 kays over.
gsd112 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2014, 05:42 PM   #26
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

I had police around for coffee this morning .. true story

They seemed like nice enough blokes...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2014, 06:56 PM   #27
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsd112 View Post
I used to deal with police pretty regularly with my old job, emergency situations and the like. General duties cops hate HWY patrol officers. Had a few general duties officers giving it to a HWY patrol guy one night, calling him a w#$ker, and the fact they all would book there mother for 5 kays over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace
I had police around for coffee this morning .. true story

They seemed like nice enough blokes...
The Regular Cops are normally pretty good blokes and have that humanity about them. But the Highway Patrol are a/holes and they would book their on grandmother if they had half a chance. True!
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post