Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-01-2006, 11:42 AM   #1
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Default How to convince someone to buy a Falcon...

Guys my aunty is in the market for a new car after she wrote off her 1984 Tarago (not hard). Anyway she is deadset on getting another bloody 1980s box-shaped Tarago and wants me to go look at a 1989 model today. The Tarago is a really bad choice and she won't accept any of the newer models (go figure, the pre-1990 models were just commercials with seats).

We're trying to convince her to get something much newer and much more practical. Like a Falcon. Or at worst, a Commodore. Any ideas on how the hell I am going to convince her to get something that ISN'T a lemon. They're a family of four so I'm thinking a Falcon or Commodore would be more than adequate.

Oh and did I mention how much I hate minivans? No?

Old 28-01-2006, 11:49 AM   #2
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

Just show her how cheap a late-model Falcon can be picked up for, and that parts are practically everywhere.
Old 28-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #3
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

I let a mate of mine drive the XR6 last month, that seemed to do the trick. A few weeks later he traded his Jackaroo in for a '03 BA XR8. Noe he wont let me have a drive of his, lol ing_sm
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 12:00 PM   #4
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Territory!!

Just tell her to look at teh score board. All the awards Ford has been winning over the past 2-3 years cant be wrong.

Also the best way is to drive a falcon and a commy back to back. Ford was sell so many more cars if they could only get people in the first of all to notice the difference.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #5
XRated
Shoot.

It's her loss!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 01:29 PM   #6
Falcon Freak
Banned

Oranise a test drive for them and drive them to the dealer so they can have no excuse for not going.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #7
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Territory!!

Just tell her to look at teh score board. All the awards Ford has been winning over the past 2-3 years cant be wrong.
If she is looking at another 80's model Tarago, I somehow doubt a Territory would be within her price range.. _

The thing with convincing someone to buy a particular car is, if it turns out to be a complete lemon, you'll never hear the end of it! Sometimes it's better to let them make their own choice.
gmhdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post