Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-07-2014, 09:34 PM   #31
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Default Re: wraps and rego

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
you're kidding me? No hassle?

you enjoy the absolutely mind numbing 30 minute experience of attending a Vic roads office, staffed by what seems a disproportionate majority of public servants who have their own unique inflated moronic sense of superiority ?

Not this little black duck.
I enjoy it more than giving mr plod a reason to hassle me when his machine beeps at him 'silver' falcon at RBT, then he feels necessary to go over car to make sure its the right VIN, and finds other bits on his journey, and gives a nice yellow piece of paper which will cause more headaches than the 30mins at vicroads...
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #32
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your rego includes car colour...change the colour and you have to notify them that your details have changed. How fricking hard is that? I've done it myself, it's literally a couple of minutes on the phone, and when I renewed the rego I changed the details then for the new sticker.

Same sort of people that would change an engine and not bother telling authorities they have done so and when some problem comes up there are all sorts of questions as to why there is a different engine number than what's on the rego...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 01:18 AM   #33
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSTA View Post
I enjoy it more than giving mr plod a reason to hassle me when his machine beeps at him 'silver' falcon at RBT, then he feels necessary to go over car to make sure its the right VIN, and finds other bits on his journey, and gives a nice yellow piece of paper which will cause more headaches than the 30mins at vicroads...
Well I don't have a problem, when I drive past they get a blank screen when they do a rego check.
And I can rip up the yellow paper with impunity.

Company car, registered interstate.
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 03:27 AM   #34
SPArKy_Dave
Too many Fords........ :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
Police do a rego search and the car comes back as a silver car instead of a Camo colour car. The police officer asks the witness what colour was the car, the witness says camo. Police, miss the vital clue because the colour of the car is changed without notify Vic roads.

Murder or rapist is not caught because of this.
Yeah, I don't reckon your average perpetrator is gonna call up Vicroads,
to tell em they wrapped their vehicle, to disguise it.

I can just see it now -

ring ring..... Hello Vicroads?
Yeah, I plan to commit a crime this arvo, just letting you know my commodore is now blue,
can you please change the details for me, ta... thanks, bye.

(in all seriousness though, I see the point, but I don't necessarily agree with the outcome.
A warning and some education, can sometimes be better.)

97 EL V8 wagon - cool cruiser, or street bruiser? CLICKY
93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.
95 XG ute - awaiting a head gasket...... grrrrr.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it

Last edited by SPArKy_Dave; 09-07-2014 at 03:32 AM.
SPArKy_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #35
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Well I don't have a problem, when I drive past they get a blank screen when they do a rego check.
And I can rip up the yellow paper with impunity.

Company car, registered interstate.
But a quick call to the radio room would fix that problem.

They can also defect interstate vehicles.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #36
TRAU BLAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothefalcon View Post
In a situation like the OP mentioned... it would be better if the Police issued the driver with a warning, instructed them to either take the wrap off or change the details with the rego authorities and asked them to present the car at a police station to be re-checked within a certain time period (a week maybe??)

They'd have the driver's and cars details, so if nothing changes within the set period... then issue a fine !

I understand that they Boys out on the beat are just doing what they're told to do... so it's more the law makers who deserve "public questioning" and the ones who instruct the Police on how to apply/enforce the law.

Way too many "1 strike and your out" fines issued these days !

Dhru
I agree,why don't they give more warnings out instead of an instant fine!People would have more respect for the law if it had more respect for people.
TRAU BLAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 12:21 PM   #37
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunately people have bought this on them selves, (as previously stated my old man was policeman), I have seen him (and them) give warnings only to be shat on at some later date, the Police used to give warnings all the time, but ******* just abused it so now we all pay

Blame the ******* not that Police
Old 09-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #38
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

so basically they tarred everyone out on the streets with the same brush??

we had a copper come to work a few months ago to discuss road rules etc
he said he would always warn people first (depending on what he has seen them do or pulled them over for) and his actions would always be down to how he was treated at the time by the motorist
treat him with respect and he will show you some back
he then said he knows some officers that no matter what you say or how you treat them they will just fine you no matter what
he disagreed with their attitude completely but said 'thats life'

anyway
just ring the right people and get the car color changed
it'll take 5 mins on the phone
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #39
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why doesn't he just take the wrap off (or even just some of it) and write a letter requesting the fine be withdrawn as the car is still silver?
Old 09-07-2014, 02:51 PM   #40
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morexbs View Post
Why doesn't he just take the wrap off (or even just some of it) and write a letter requesting the fine be withdrawn as the car is still silver?
Why? its easier to change the registered colour with VIC roads

As previously mentioned fix the mistake and send an apologetic letter, if you have a good record it will most likely be wavered.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP

Last edited by Vesper Martini; 09-07-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #41
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
This could be why they got the fine..
car covered in Camo, Cop says this is registered to be silver do you know I could fine you for this, call me a cynic but I recon I know how they responded.

Could becomes will
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #42
mac_man_luke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morexbs View Post
Because a wrap would cost a lot more than the fine?
Old 09-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #43
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
so basically they tarred everyone out on the streets with the same brush??

we had a copper come to work a few months ago to discuss road rules etc
he said he would always warn people first (depending on what he has seen them do or pulled them over for) and his actions would always be down to how he was treated at the time by the motorist
he then said he knows some officers that no matter what you say or how you treat them they will just fine you no matter what
he disagreed with their attitude completely but said 'thats life'

anyway
just ring the right people and get the car color changed
it'll take 5 mins on the phone
Exactly, we all know some of Mr plods are zealous in doing their jobs.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #44
zilo
BANNED

If I drive my car through the mud and it turns brown do I have to notify VicRoads I now have a brown car instead of silver?

Or should I register it as two tone? (silver/brown)

zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 07:24 PM   #45
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Trick with Vic roads is to get there just as they are unlocking the front door, was in and out in less then 5 minutes this morning. As for the op, I would of thought a warning would of been more appropriate, technically his car is still a silver navara and sounds like an honest mistake.

If it was to be used in a robbery you'd probably peel the wrap off afterwards anyway wouldn't you?
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #46
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Quote:
If I drive my car through the mud and it turns brown do I have to notify VicRoads I now have a brown car instead of silver?

Or should I register it as two tone? (silver/brown)

Actually you can be fined for not maintining a safe 'clean' vehicle inside and out.. Something to do with all lighting, number plates and windows need to be able to be seen through, rubbish inside the car is also something that can be fined for, if a can rolls under seat and gets under the brake pedal it can become a danger..

However you would not need to advise vicroads of a colour change..

Again, i think its a case of the attitude you present to the officer, and what kind of day they have had.. ;-)

http://www.qt.com.au/news/man-caught...d-100/1821848/
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 08:19 PM   #47
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Why do some people feel the need to be above and beyond the law? Its not that hard to let the rego authorities know that you have changed the colour of you car, no wonder the police and government get the poopie nappies over modified cars...people are just dumb.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2014, 07:37 AM   #48
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSTA View Post
Actually you can be fined for not maintining a safe 'clean' vehicle inside and out.. Something to do with all lighting, number plates and windows need to be able to be seen through, rubbish inside the car is also something that can be fined for, if a can rolls under seat and gets under the brake pedal it can become a danger..

Again, i think its a case of the attitude you present to the officer, and what kind of day they have had.. ;-)

http://www.qt.com.au/news/man-caught...d-100/1821848/
Exactly, especially if the plates are not clearly visible.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #49
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
Vicroads says otherwise http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...ifications.htm
Quote:
Change of colour
You must notify VicRoads of a change of colour of the vehicle. No inspection is required and you can notify VicRoads by calling 13 11 71 (Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5pm, Sat 8.30am - 2pm)
Old 10-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #50
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Why do some people feel the need to be above and beyond the law? Its not that hard to let the rego authorities know that you have changed the colour of you car, no wonder the police and government get the poopie nappies over modified cars...people are just dumb.
And lots of people are just mindless robots that swallow all the ridiculous rules and just want more control over their lives by bureaucracy gone completely insane.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #51
TRAU BLAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Unfortunately people have bought this on them selves, (as previously stated my old man was policeman), I have seen him (and them) give warnings only to be shat on at some later date, the Police used to give warnings all the time, but ******* just abused it so now we all pay

Blame the ******* not that Police
There's good cops & bad ones.Or they can be in a bad mood etc.We're all human which means imperfect.Everybody looks at life from their point of view,so if something personal happens to them they tend to pass it on(good or bad vibes).But yes, I agree that the bad apples who are given the carrot instead of the stick & then re-offend,spoil it for everybody.
TRAU BLAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2014, 05:16 PM   #52
bluovl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
And lots of people are just mindless robots that swallow all the ridiculous rules and just want more control over their lives by bureaucracy gone completely insane.
This.

I couldn't agree more.
69 Mustang Convertible
XA 351 Coupe
1965 Galaxie Convertible
2005 GT-P
AU XR6 Ute
bluovl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2014, 05:33 PM   #53
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
there is a difference between stupid rules and rules that make sense...

Change the colour of the car, tell 'em...

Better then being pulled over when the police see a blue car that is registered as white!

But yeah, needing to tell them is bureaucracy gone insane...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2014, 02:43 AM   #54
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Anarchy is alive and well.