Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 19-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #31
HULK_I6T
Banned

Default Re: impressive vf hsv 340kw clubsport.. a worthy alternative.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v_chwmVnstI

Watch this video and tell me it's not in the hunt.. Exactly the same car but auto that I drove. An awesome machine
Old 19-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #32
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's not in the hunt, its confused about what it is and the price point puts it against the gtf.

The ve clubsport was a much better car, it at least knew what it was a muscle car.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
Old 19-07-2014, 09:23 PM   #33
dragons90

I'd be a bit disappointed when my $75k performance car gets flogged by a stock fg xr6t
3 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2014, 09:45 PM   #34
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragons90 View Post
I'd be a bit disappointed when my $75k performance car gets flogged by a stock fg xr6t
Considering the 0-60 on the XR6T is 5.6 seconds and the R8 is 4.8...wheres the flogging?

I get thats its a Ford forum, but just saying something doesn't make it true.
This user likes this post:
Old 19-07-2014, 09:51 PM   #35
dragons90

xr6t have done 4.9 0-100
Old 19-07-2014, 09:59 PM   #36
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Good golly, I'm going to post in a Hulk thread... I have indeed been away for a long time ...

I drove a R8 Tourer with SV option (340kw up from 325, plus some bogantastic badging) mated to the automatic transmission.

They are quite expensive in this guise, over 80 OTR, so competing with some nice equipment.

Interior is very Australian, with much bling that mostly works but is let down a lot with low grade instrument graphics, tacky numerals and shiny plastic bits scattered throughout. Then again, the swade leather dash and door inserts, combined with deeply sculptured, snuggly bolstered seating with enough electrical adjustability to keep a 6 year old busy for hours make up for most of the disappointment. Charcoal headlining, good quality carpet, even tactile pleasant plastics make the occupant compartment an ok place spend time.

The VF HSV is light years ahead of the VE early models I've driven. Sound deadening that eliminates (almost) all road noise - remarkable given the wheel / tire combo the thing runs, build quality like panel gaps and doors that nearly sound Euro in "thud" when closed.

Plus, they've fixed the bonnet!

And that natural aspirated engine does have some go, while not as grunty as anything forced from the current crop of fast fords, it is impressive none the less. Loves a rev, with the limiter intervening just as she's REALLY boogieing, which is a shame, but probably sensible given where the tach is indicating at that moment in time.

The auto is, well, like an auto, but can be forgiven when it throws itself down two, sometimes three gears when you want to go, go go.....

But I hate autos. The manual version would bring that engine alive me thinks.

That twirly dial, the one that does the bimodal thing, swaps between quiet and not so quiet works well, and the difference in aural stimulation is obvious.

The kids amongst us, and those who spend more time playing with apps on their phone than speaking to the person next to them, will just lorve that driver interface thing. It's some mother load of silliness, g forces, output gauges, plus the usual performance orientated data like acceleration and lap timer. Then I discovered the tree huggers function with a graphical representation of fuel burn, in amongst all that other carbon emitting baby dolphin eating stuff? Go figure.

It handles too, despite the wagon sheet metal, rear wheel drive and angry big motor, it feels planted on the road, almost fat. How much this has to do with those massive rollers is anyone's guess. Me thinks a lot. The bags will light on a reasonably gentle request, this is a nice trait and will be welcomed by every Dazza and Shazza. And me

In isolation, price not considered, all the above adds up to a worthwhile package.

But, at over 80, if you're looking all over that price segment, its competing with some quality stuff. While most everything else euro at that price point won't accelerate as fast, and I say most, the euro stuff eats it for interior quality, lack the tacky bling. And many of them handle as good, some better. S3, baby AMG, add some wet weather, and both would smash the big HSV.

So there, I've done a quick review of a Holden in a Hulk BA thread.

What's the world coming too?

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
5 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2014, 10:28 PM   #37
The FOMOCO

Thumbs down Re: impressive vf hsv 340kw clubsport.. a worthy alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
A family member of mine bought a brand new vf hsv clubsport. He optioned up the 340kw option.

I was a little dismissive at first, why didnt you buy the fpv GT or f6? Or the chrysler srt8?

but I took the car for a spin earlier today. Interior is well ahead of the ford/fpv, prob more jazzed up than the chrysler too. A good bit of kit inside.

the car has the mild bootlid type rear spoiler and looks very nice. Its much more subtle than the old ve series 3 autobarn GTS.

car has ample grunt, the ls3 is an awesome powerplant, sounds tough and feels like a big motor up front. 0-100km/h is pretty much flat 5s and woukd do a flat 13 second quarter or maybe even dip into the 12s.

I know the fpv and srt8 has been demonstrated as quicker but is it that much quicker? Noticable??

When you step back and think about what you get... you cant argue with a ls3 6.2 litre v8, 340kw is massive power and 550nm of torque.

this buyer is unlikely to do any mods but a ls3 makes for a evil base to mod. Easy power to be made here and will more than hold its own in any company.

I was very impressed with the car and willing to concede I would just about buy it over the srt8 or fpv GT/f6 despite the alledged performance gap.. surely its not that much anyway.

great all round car. A very serious contender in this market space. I could only imagine how nice the LSA hsv GTS would be.
Seriously who gives a **** if you like Holdens that much your on the wrong website your lost

Last edited by AU1XLS; 19-07-2014 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling
2 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #38
ivandrago
Banned

correct everytime someone posts about a holden its the same holden suspects to the rescue they just go on like a broken record this is a ford forum thats what people come here to talk about not holdens.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2014, 10:38 PM   #39
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The FOMOCO View Post
Seriously who gives a shitee if you like Holdens that much your on the wrong website your lost
Your right! This site is now full of Ford fans, not motoring enthusiasts! Who would have thought?
Old 19-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #40
ivandrago
Banned

If your a motoring enthusiast why are you on a ford site down talking the ford product? Shouldnt you be on car enthusiast.com talking about how much you love every car.
3 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2014, 10:46 PM   #41
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivandrago View Post
If your a motoring enthusiast why are you on a ford site down talking the ford product? Shouldnt you be on car enthusiast.com talking about how much you love every car.
Who are you to say who can and can't post here?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
4 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2014, 10:49 PM   #42
F6-631
LAST-F6

Quote:
correct everytime someone posts about a holden its the same holden suspects to the rescue they just go on like a broken record this is a ford forum thats what people come here to talk about not holdens.
Agree.. I don't quite get it.... But I guess we can look at it as good and evil... Ford v Holden. We need something to fight with......Let the minority make the BS claims and settle it at the lights next time you see a 6.2 litre

Whenever I pull up at the lights next to a HSV I just smile as I know I can't be beaten... Most of them don't even try and some can't even look at me..

Amazing the power of the F6 badge boys

Cheers

F6-631
4 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2014, 10:51 PM   #43
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG View Post

When the guy in question cough cough hulk ,only does rubbish posts,every person who wants to be part of this cool forum has the right to shoot down that timewaster any chance they get!
Old 19-07-2014, 10:53 PM   #44
ivandrago
Banned

Quote:

I dont remember saying someone cant post here i was pointing out why are you on a ford forum when your talking them down whats the point of being here. geez touch arnt u
Old 19-07-2014, 10:53 PM   #45
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Ok lads lets all pull our collective heads in and show how mature we can be.
Old 19-07-2014, 11:02 PM   #46
The FOMOCO

Quote:

No one said you cant post here just don't dribble on about Holden this Holden that, its a FORD forum not a VW or Audi etc forum im sure you can dribble on about Holdens on there websites..... Sent from my keybord with errors
Old 19-07-2014, 11:08 PM   #47
F6-631
LAST-F6

Hulk_i6T now you have driven your family members **** box you should burn it and post the photos to show your loyalty to the forum

F6-631
3 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #48
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
So what you're saying is all Ford fans should be one eyed and cant like any other manufacturer in the world? Brand slavery is just odd, especially in this day and age, plenty of people thankfully like all/most makes and this is a good forum to come and chat about one such make/random stuff.

Quote:
I dont remember saying someone cant post here i was pointing out why are you on a ford forum when your talking them down whats the point of being here. geez touch arnt u
No one in this thread has talked down the Ford product though? People are just making up stats/figures to bash the Holden product, expected but that quote above has no facts too it.
Old 19-07-2014, 11:17 PM   #49
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
There are plenty of areas in this forum to talk about specific fords... This is the pub section, check out the other threads, not all of em are about fords!!!!
Old 19-07-2014, 11:19 PM   #50
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Closed
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread