Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-01-2006, 03:04 PM   #31
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
I believe that in NSW if you get your red P's in an auto you only have to drive an auto for 12 months then without so much as a wahoo you can magically drive a manual,no practice no test no brains. Also in NSW on your red P's you can practice for the world stunt driving championships with 4 drunken mates in the car as well.
Only in a VN Commodore
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #32
notty1978
NOTTY

my wife is on her red P.s in n.s.w and she got caught on wendsday driving my XR8 manual
because she has had her p.s for more then 6 months they let her go
notty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 05:22 PM   #33
cupic
Nikon

I concurr that experience in a auto for a while then hit the manual
cupic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #34
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot
. . . and im pretty much perfect, got hill start first go.. smooth perfect take off on the flat everytime.. I can still pay perfect attention to the road and whats going on around me and I don't need to pay attention to the gears and clutch so often.

learning to handle the car etc in an auto is great

P.S. I GO FOR MY P'S ON WEDNESDAY, GOT ANY TIPS TREV lol
Geez, you are doing well, I have been driving for 31 years and I wouldn't call myself "perfect" _2:

And my biggest tip: DO YOUR FAMILY A FAVOUR AND STAY ALIVE AFTER YOU GET YOUR LICENCE!!!! :
Old 30-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #35
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev
Geez, you are doing well, I have been driving for 31 years and I wouldn't call myself "perfect" _2:

And my biggest tip: DO YOUR FAMILY A FAVOUR AND STAY ALIVE AFTER YOU GET YOUR LICENCE!!!! :
ahh not perfect but you know what i mean. Yes I will try my Hardest to stay alive :P
foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 09:36 PM   #36
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My old man made me drive a manual & go for my licence in a manual. I hated it it the time as lot of my mates where able to go for there test in an auto. But im so glad i learnt in a manual now. They softened up my brother & let him learn to drive in an auto & go for his test in an auto only fours years late to. Then ago as my parents both had manuals i could drive them he couldnt. My brother has only driven auto's he'd have no idea how to drive a manual he's still got his first car auto toyota starlet. I have had about 10 or 12 cars my first car was 13.5 second quater mile HJ Prem 327cubes turbo400 auto. My second car was an LJ XU1 that ran 12.2 quater its was my fastest car ive ever owned or driven & it was manual. Do parent's expect more from there oldest son?

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 09:39 PM   #37
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
My old man made me drive a manual & go for my licence in a manual. I hated it it the time as lot of my mates where able to go for there test in an auto. But im so glad i learnt in a manual now. They softened up my brother & let him learn to drive in an auto & go for his test in an auto only fours years late to. Then ago as my parents both had manuals i could drive them he couldnt. My brother has only driven auto's he'd have no idea how to drive a manual he's still got his first car auto toyota starlet. I have had about 10 or 12 cars my first car was 13.5 second quater mile HJ Prem 327cubes turbo400 auto. My second car was an LJ XU1 that ran 12.2 quater its was my fastest car ive ever owned or driven & it was manual. Do parent's expect more from there oldest son?
Yep
Im an older brother and ur spot on

lol
Momo Gear Knob
Schmick Pioneer Headunit w/ Dolphinvision :
4 Channel Kicker Amp to decent speakers;
Alpine Monoblock to Pioneer Subwoofer;
Tuned to perfect clarity-

Outside:

Pure Sexy Falcon w/18" BA XR8 Factory Option Mags
Clear Side Indicators

Coming soon:
Pedders lowered Sports Ryders all 'round
Extractors/Exhaust/Hi-Flo Cat
foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 09:44 PM   #38
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodfloyd
what r u doing on a car enthusiast forum with only an auto licence in the first place???
I have an auto license. What's your point?

When I got my license I was living in a small country town. The closest instructor was three towns over, about twenty minutes away, and so when he was over my way he'd either be in his auto car for the day or his manual car. He wasn't doing one test in the manual, then driving back home to pick up his auto car just to come back again. It was one or the other, and the manual car was booked out for over a month. He had his auto car in town about three days after I first rang him so I just did it in that to beat the wait as I already had my first car, an XF panelvan with t-bar auto.

Being a country boy, I'd been driving around paddocks and bush tracks and whatnot for years and know quite well how to drive a manual, so that's not the drama. It's just that I didn't want to wait any longer to get my license.

Does that make me less of a car enthusiast? Does that mean that you're any better than I am? Because if that's what you think, I challenge you to a duel.

**Glove slap**

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 01:13 AM   #39
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

You Have Some Bull ИИИИИ Ruls in VIC, Now i see how good SA realy is
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 10:16 AM   #40
all4ford
XW 351

In NSW its just 3 points and a fine.
all4ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #41
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jeeze I must be from the dark ages I did not know there is a difference between an auto or manual licence I thought the only difference was the class of licence from bikes to B Doubles and everything in between , but as I have always had a manual the subject has not come up.
Mine is a Type O Class C,R
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #42
lou_focus
Starter Motor

I was checking this out the other day, but i am actually off my P's now, and they told me I need to have a licenced driver next to me and display a 'driving under instruction' thing on the back of my car which i think you just buy at vic roads. Hmm, that reminds me, i still havn't done anything about a manual myself, should do, specially if i get the turbo in my focus haha
lou_focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 06:54 PM   #43
brodfloyd
Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz
I have an auto license. What's your point?

When I got my license I was living in a small country town. The closest instructor was three towns over, about twenty minutes away, and so when he was over my way he'd either be in his auto car for the day or his manual car. He wasn't doing one test in the manual, then driving back home to pick up his auto car just to come back again. It was one or the other, and the manual car was booked out for over a month. He had his auto car in town about three days after I first rang him so I just did it in that to beat the wait as I already had my first car, an XF panelvan with t-bar auto.

Being a country boy, I'd been driving around paddocks and bush tracks and whatnot for years and know quite well how to drive a manual, so that's not the drama. It's just that I didn't want to wait any longer to get my license.

Does that make me less of a car enthusiast? Does that mean that you're any better than I am? Because if that's what you think, I challenge you to a duel.

**Glove slap**
thems sound like alot of excuses for one thing, u being a big p.u.s.s.y : and yes it makes u not only less of a car enthusiast and also less of a man. and yes i am probably better than you

ps, heaps of other people live in a rural area and get their manual licence, eg me
brodfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #44
Fairmont I6
sideways

never even heard of auto only licences!! is this in SA now?