Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #61
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 'Drive' Interviews Ricky Muir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
I can't wait till the next election (sarc). Ricky has already inspired countless new bogans to try their luck at the lottery system which is masquerading as a democratic electoral system.

Suck it up because the bogan tribe is mobilising, and when it all turns to poo, remember, some of us did warn you.

Should just fast track the process and be the first to register the BPoA, Bogan Party of Australia - sadly they would get many many many votes
so I take it as 'no', you are not running in the next election (in answer to my post above)
Old 01-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #62
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Ricky Muir is a farce, I rang him up today and asked him how much oil and what grade I needed to put in my Super Pursuit, he had no idea, what the hell is he doing representing us real enthusiasts.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
5 users like this post:
Old 01-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #63
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL @ ratter

well done
Old 01-09-2014, 09:01 PM   #64
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
so I take it as 'no', you are not running in the next election (in answer to my post above)
Sure, I'll do it.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:03 PM   #65
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cool, keep me posted
Old 01-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #66
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
I can't wait till the next election (sarc). Ricky has already inspired countless new bogans to try their luck at the lottery system which is masquerading as a democratic electoral system.

Suck it up because the bogan tribe is mobilising, and when it all turns to poo, remember, some of us did warn you.

Should just fast track the process and be the first to register the BPoA, Bogan Party of Australia - sadly they would get many many many votes
Old 01-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #67
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
Ricky Muir is a farce, I rang him up today and asked him how much oil and what grade I needed to put in my Super Pursuit, he had no idea, what the hell is he doing representing us real enthusiasts.
Funny that...

I rang Nick Xenophon today and asked him what sort of return I should get from 5 octopus' on a Dolphin Treasure.
He wasn't sure, which I thought ordinary, but did go into depth on social issues surrounding their excessive use...
5 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2014, 06:34 AM   #68
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WTF is wrong with that suit, jesus some people need to get a life!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2014, 07:38 AM   #69
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
WTF is wrong with that suit, jesus some people need to get a life!!!!!!!!
I guess you would be from the non-suit clan?
Old 02-09-2014, 07:40 AM   #70
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

get a life mate
Old 02-09-2014, 08:06 AM   #71
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

^im confused. Is wearing a suit bad or do you not like the style of suit.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:23 AM   #72
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
get a life mate
I have mate, plenty of life skills too (t-shirts to overalls to suits) Likewise I've meet people like Ricky who accidently end up somewhere where they shouldn't be. He is owned, he always was and always will be. So you can sit back and enjoy watching him achieve zero for the motorist whilst sponging off our taxpayer supplied income, that's the endpoint for Ricky.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #73
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

Ricky explaining his theory of reverse rotational by-pass filtration using solid Teflon/paraffin wax coated in banana pulp and slippery elm.

Ricky deep deep deep in thought, can you feel the channeling?

Ricky is simply awesome!
If we could continue this thread without juvenile humour it would be appreciated.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:05 PM   #74
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
I'm sure you thought that sounded clever. But I wouldn't call basic local automotive industry knowledge "trivia", certainly not for the motoring enthusiast party senator. If you consider knowing the name of the current Commodore produced in South Australia as an expert achievement in what you downplay as trivia, I'd say you're easily impressed. At a time when thousands of Australians are facing unemployment as the result of this industry collapsing, I think Ricky should get in the mix and learn as much as he can- and do as much as he can. Learning the name of the car they build would arguably be the first step and I really hope he proves us all wrong.

I also wouldn't blanket attack members' posting styles as "mediocrity" because they don't agree with you. I respect Damo, the uncle Ricky reference was clearly there to demonstrate that while we may disagree, it's not that serious. So I'd appreciate it if you stopped referring to members as mediocre, knockers, stupid, children etc.

I also think that this thread is beginning to cross into shaky territory in regards to politics, which is banned from discussion in the site terms and conditions.
No I didn't think it sounded clever. I thought it sounded true! The reason I laugh at the seriousness with which you take the quiz is that it was a bit of fun and I suggest that if you quizzed Ricky Muir about 4 wheel driving he would very likely get 10 out of 10. It has very little bearing on his future performance!

In regard to him having in depth knowledge about the motor vehicle manufacturing industry that is collapsing its not needed. The horse bolted long before he even nominated for election.

His election platform if you care to pay attention was for the motoring enthusiast not the manufacturing industry. His mandate is to get a better deal in regards to, draconian legislation against motorists, uniform laws nationally for the motoring enthusiast, better import deals for cars and parts, more equitable laws regarding the use of country areas for 4 wheel driving and numerous other items that give the enthusiast a fair go and a voice.

You can say I'm easily impressed if you like. Its an open forum but making assumptions like that with no knowledge would very likely mean that it is wildly inaccurate.

As for me blanket attacking members posting styles . I did not do that. I itemised what I thought was mediocre content from some posters who have every opportunity to respond as you have done. If you look you will see that I referred to the content of posts that way. I did label the detractors as knockers but you labelled me as easily impressed. No difference there!

If you supply a name that I can use to describe the anti Ricky brigade I'll use that in future so as not to upset your sensibilities or offend you.

If you don't want it to be personal stop making personal references.

I consider it ironic that you can label me easily impressed and say many derogatory things about a federal senator who is not here to defend himself yet you take exception to myself expressing my opinion about the subject. Gee! Is it because I disagree with you??? and you don't like it.

So you want the thread closed now because it has references to politics and its banned from the forum now that you have said your piece?

Your assertion is wrong. Its at the discretion of the moderators, and they have said previously in another thread about Senator Ricky Muir that it has merit and is allowed because it is the motoring enthusiast senator that is the point of discussion.

Now can we get back to discussing the subject and stop discussing me!!!!!
3 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #75
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

I think as a free country we have every right to question our "leaders" performance.
I also think as the Motoring Party member to expect him to have a full and thorough knowledge of the Australian Auto Sector is not unreasonable.
I also feel it is not unreasonable to expect our chosen "leaders" to perform to a certain standard.

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
This user likes this post:
Old 02-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #76
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
.."this guy is likely just going to cruise through his 6 year term collecting his $200k per year and continue to give semi-scripted interviews with vague answers like "I've got six years, there is no rush" or we'll "consult the experts" or " I'd have to do a bit of research" or "I can't wait to get some more facts and information".
How is that different from any pollie? Major parties struggle to get there changes through so one little independent has next to no chance.

What do people really expect him to achieve? Lower rego? Lower insurance premiums? Less accidents? Being allowed to put a big block in a little 70's hatch again? He has one insignificant vote, that's it. As long as he doesn't get tangled up in the Palmer train wreck he might be ok.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Last edited by Dash_XR; 02-09-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #77
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflac52 View Post
No I didn't think it sounded clever.
Good, because it wasn't. Regarding the rant you just posted, I'm not going to have a back and forth with you about whether Ricky should know basic industry knowledge or about which childish name you think is appropriate to label members who are critical of Ricky. Appreciate that some people (the majority it seems, in this instance) will be critical of this senator and have a different opinion to you. The name calling isn't needed and I'm glad you've agreed to stop.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #78
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_XR View Post
How is that different from any pollie? Major parties struggle to get there changes through so one little independent has next to no chance.

What do people really expect him to achieve? Lower rego? Lower insurance premiums? Less accidents? Being allowed to put a big block in a little 70's hatch again? He has one insignificant vote, that's it. As long as he doesn't get tangled up in the Palmer train wreck he might be ok.
Lower rego - states issue/responsibility
Lower insurance - states and commercial issue
Less accidents - states issue/responsibility
Big block in a small car - NCOP issue/responsibility which I think is administered by Dept of Infrastructure, and definitely an issue for individual Dept of Transport

Doesn't look like Ricky will have much to do does it, possibly count his money, go on a few overseas trips, issue the odd written statement, he doesn't seem to actually do real interviews. Can't think of much else.

However, Ricky did once say he would do something or other for the "after market industry" but then Ricky got confused when he was asked to explain...
3 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #79
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
Lower rego - states issue/responsibility
Lower insurance - states and commercial issue
Less accidents - states issue/responsibility
Big block in a small car - NCOP issue/responsibility which I think is administered by Dept of Infrastructure, and definitely an issue for individual Dept of Transport

Doesn't look like Ricky will have much to do does it, possibly count his money, go on a few overseas trips, issue the odd written statement, he doesn't seem to actually do real interviews. Can't think of much else.

However, Ricky did once say he would do something or other for the "after market industry" but then Ricky got confused when he was asked to explain...
Good points on the State Government responsibilities.... Maybe he could investigate if the Federal Government should take over the governance of the above areas?
I've wondered for a long time the merit in our State and Federal responsibilities, ie why should road laws, rego, roadworthy requirements, speed camera policies etc etc etc differ across states....?

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Old 02-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #80
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashie View Post
Good points on the State Government responsibilities.... Maybe he could investigate if the Federal Government should take over the governance of the above areas?
I've wondered for a long time the merit in our State and Federal responsibilities, ie why should road laws, rego, roadworthy requirements, speed camera policies etc etc etc differ across states....?
At best Ricky can sit on the odd review/oversight committee, where he could communicate with Government Ministers and departmental heads (i.e. ask them coherent questions). This questioning and answering process is predicated on Ricky being able to ask thoughtful questions and comprehend answers. Given his attempts so far, unscripted live to air communicating, person to person with spontaneous thinking, these are not Ricky's strongest hand.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #81
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

your intimate knowledge of the processes cheap will see you in good form when you run in 3.5 years, I can't wait to see what platform you run for, please keep me posted
Old 02-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #82
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
If you supply a name that I can use to describe the anti Ricky brigade I'll use that in future so as not to upset your sensibilities or offend you.

!!
Just refer to us as 'Those Who are Right'.

Saves people from reading through the whole thread.

jk...
Old 02-09-2014, 07:30 PM   #83
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Good, because it wasn't. Regarding the rant you just posted, I'm not going to have a back and forth with you about whether Ricky should know basic industry knowledge or about which childish name you think is appropriate to label members who are critical of Ricky. Appreciate that some people (the majority it seems, in this instance) will be critical of this senator and have a different opinion to you. The name calling isn't needed and I'm glad you've agreed to stop.
It didn't need to be clever because it was true.

I haven't agreed to stop challenging the voracity of posts in the thread. I will continue to do so if needed.

I didn't label any posters anything except Ricky knockers. All the other references I made are about the content of the posts and their value to the discussion.

You have labelled me easily impressed because you think I support him (and now you try to give the impression that I am ranting because I have challenged your assertions lol!) yet at the same time I am being told to "appreciate" that others have a different point of view.

What point are you trying to make when you state that the majority of posters disagrees with me. If we all agreed there would be no discussion!!!

You haven't yet given me a name that you consider to be ok to use so I think I will just have to keep using my own terminology. Sigh!

You are doing your best to keep this personal aren't you? You may yet get the thread locked. It doesn't matter though because Ricky Muir will be with us for six years and as time goes by there will be a lot more facts to discuss rather than the large body of assumptions the Ricky knockers are making at the moment about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
Just refer to us as 'Those Who are Right'.

Saves people from reading through the whole thread.

jk...
Now you are really dragging the bottom of the barrel. You can do better than that. lol!
Old 02-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #84
tlub

Thumbs down Re: 'Drive' Interviews Ricky Muir.

don't even want to waste my time reading the posts on here about this clown . history will show that after his 1 term there if he goes the distance he would have not achieved a thing for the country , the motoring public or his constituents
Old 02-09-2014, 08:34 PM   #85
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

So let me get this right
Car enthusiast complain about the way we get treated
We need somebody in government so we get a say in these stupid rules
We need somebody to run to be elected
Hey, we got somebody in senate

Now we whinge that he is useless and will do no good based on him being a normal bloke.
How long has he been in senate for?
What has he failed in so far, besides early interview?
How many of us where experts on the first day of a new job that was totally different to everything else we had ever done?

For gods sake, give him a chance, if he fails you can sit back on your high horses and go " see I told you so", if he succeeds we may be able to enjoy our hobby, livelihoods a little longer.

To say he will achieve nothing may be correct but you are guessing, If you happen to have a crystal ball and know this for sure, can you please let me know where you get one from as it would come in handy in diagnosing some issues.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
4 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2014, 09:25 PM   #86
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
It didn't need to be clever because it was true.
You labelled basic local industry knowledge "trivia" after criticising your opponents (sorry, the "Ricky knockers") as the deliverers of your daily dose of mediocrity. I'm sure you thought it was a clever line, but like I said, I don't think that a basic level of knowledge for the AMEP senator should be downplayed as trivia.

Quote:
I didn't label any posters anything except Ricky knockers. All the other references I made are about the content of the posts and their value to the discussion.
No, what you did was tell people that they're doing a good job at looking "stupid" and then likened them to "children" and their posts to "crap". Don't pretend like you didn't do that.

Quote:
You have labelled me easily impressed because you think I support him
Lying won't do you any good here, people can actually go back and read the posts. Here's what I said- "If you consider knowing the name of the current Commodore produced in South Australia as an expert achievement in what you downplay as trivia, I'd say you're easily impressed".

Quote:
(and now you try to give the impression that I am ranting because I have challenged your assertions lol!) yet at the same time I am being told to "appreciate" that others have a different point of view.
It's clear you don't appreciate other views. You've referred to those who don't share your view as "Ricky knockers" delivering your daily dose of "mediocrity" while likening them to "children", their posts to "crap" and telling them they're doing a good job at looking "stupid". So yes, I think you need to appreciate other views without the childish insults.

Quote:
What point are you trying to make when you state that the majority of posters disagrees with me. If we all agreed there would be no discussion!!!
If we all agreed, perhaps you wouldn't feel the need to insult people.

Quote:
You haven't yet given me a name that you consider to be ok to use so I think I will just have to keep using my own terminology. Sigh!
Because no childish name will be "ok". I don't see why you feel the need to stick a label on other members because they disagree with you. I'm disappointed with Ricky's knowledge as demonstrated in the article and I've expressed that. I'm not here just to knock him, I'm certainly not a "Ricky knocker". So grow up and stop saying it. Nobody has called you a "Ricky lover", so perhaps you could extend the same courtesy.

Quote:
You are doing your best to keep this personal aren't you? You may yet get the thread locked.
I haven't made this personal at all, ironically with the silly name calling and insults, you are the one making it personal. I've only asked you to stop. The only reason I decided to respond to you this time is because you blatantly lied above.

Quote:
It doesn't matter though because Ricky Muir will be with us for six years and as time goes by there will be a lot more facts to discuss rather than the large body of assumptions the Ricky knockers are making at the moment about him.
Many of us are disappointed he didn't know a few basic facts. The only assumption I've agreed with is that he's going to cruise through this term and I stated that I hope he proves me (and others) wrong. I also agree with some of the stuff that Ratter has said.

Now I think we've done enough arguing about nonsense, wouldn't you agree? Have a smile,
Old 02-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #87
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Another one bites the dust
Closed
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread