Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-01-2006, 08:25 PM   #1
mark180227
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Tinting the Windows.

I am going to get my windows tinted next week and I havnt decided on what shade. I was thinking one darker than legal. Is there a difference between legal and darker than legal? Have you guys had any problems with tint? cheers

mark180227 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 09:15 PM   #2
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark180227
Is there a difference between legal and darker than legal?
Yeh
Darker then legal is illegal.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 09:21 PM   #3
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

. Is there a difference between legal and darker than legal?

Yep a defect notice

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 09:39 PM   #4
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

My BA is getting tinted on Friday. 60% heat and glare rejection, 99%UV rejection, lifetime warranty for $290. Better than the original quote for the exact same film for $350 at the same place.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 06:16 PM   #5
GTP 044
Formally RED XR8

I used to have darker than legal on a couple of my cars (20%) but now I'm a bit older and wiser I figure it's not worth the hassle with insurance company if u have a stack and they want to find a way out of paying your claim.I got legal tint on my XR and with the black interior it looks pretty dark anyway. Remember if you are tinting windows on a BA/BF, the radio ariel is in the glass and some tints,I think metalised, can affect radio reception.
GTP 044 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 06:40 PM   #6
HSE2

Perfect timing! I have the GT booked in for tint with my usual 35 side 20 rear which does come up to slight illegal but down here they never check. Anyways I am now told my radio reception will take a hit because of the metallic tint on the rear. Just how bad is it?
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #7
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Just got my car tinted today..was going to go the dark illegal tint but decided to stick to the T35 legal tint....Its still dark and theres no need to worry bout insurance claims

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #8
Dav0
"Saddam your sooo emo"-JH

why do companies allow u to go below "legal"?? wouldnt it just be easier to not make the stuff?
Dav0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #9
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav0
why do companies allow u to go below "legal"?? wouldnt it just be easier to not make the stuff?
They still make money out of it...they just wont put their sticker on it or give you any garantee

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 08:53 PM   #10
EL_futuraistic

Yeah i had my Xtrail tinted. They did darkest legal tint on doors, however for the 3 cargo area windows they did darker than legal to minimise public viewing of my boot. Was done with recipt, and lifetime warranty.

Someone correct me if im wrong, but i think your allowed darker than legal on cargo area's and rear window. Obviously its called darker than legal for a reason but....
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 09:07 PM   #11
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav0
Because tradesmen want it to help protect there tools and the boys in blue tend not to penalise you if you are useing it for this reason.

2003 Mazda Bravo (work truck)

1979 F100 Ambo
Gilesie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 09:23 PM   #12
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only front door windows have to be 35% all other windows are allowed to be darker.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 09:28 PM   #13
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
Perfect timing! I have the GT booked in for tint with my usual 35 side 20 rear which does come up to slight illegal but down here they never check. Anyways I am now told my radio reception will take a hit because of the metallic tint on the rear. Just how bad is it?
Apparently it's mainly AM reception, and a little FM, but only when out of the main reception areas.

Mine is being dome in a tint designed not to interfere.
Still has lifetime warranty though.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 09:31 PM   #14
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Apparently it's mainly AM reception, and a little FM, but only when out of the main reception areas.

Mine is being dome in a tint designed not to interfere.
Still has lifetime warranty though.

Wouldn't happen to know the name or type of your tint? Down here everything has to be spelt out. :
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post