Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-10-2014, 02:04 PM   #61
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Abbott Bypasses the Senate and Raises Fuel Excise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8 View Post
Like surviving the GFC. How dare us.
Did we? were still suffering now
Victoria had 3 months of Negative growth. which greatly affected its manufacturing industry. It was Because of the mining boom Australia's figures stayed in growth

Whilst family's earning under 80K received $950 and Rudd would take credit for rescuing the economy. but how much of that was spent on locally manufactured or produced products?
42 billion on Plasma TV's which suck a lot of juice
It really wasn't well thought out, and laughable Labour should take credit for it..
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
6 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #62
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.australiandebtclock.com.au/

That's a lot of debt. I doubt these changes will do much to pay this back.
This user likes this post:
Old 29-10-2014, 03:21 PM   #63
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas2 View Post
http://www.australiandebtclock.com.au/

That's a lot of debt. I doubt these changes will do much to pay this back.
Interesting Site!

Go to the history page check government debt and all debt to see how government actually has a smaller percentage of the total Australian debt today than it did during the 90's
Yes they are big numbers for sure. But as a percentage of GDP still small.
Pay to play and invest to make money!

JP
2 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #64
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Maybe look at it in perspective.

http://www.bloomberg.com/visual-data...rson-countries
Old 29-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #65
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
Sarcasm alert...

don't let facts get in the way of a argument...

End of Sarcasm
Old 29-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #66
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
Sarcasm alert...

don't let facts get in the way of a argument...

End of Sarcasm
Another thing to remember is that Govco is reporting that income levels to them will be going back up (something that's been a problem for the past few years) to the old levels so that should help in reducing debt.
Old 29-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #67
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Under the Hung Parliament led by Gillard they managed to pass more legislation in a 12 month period than any Government prior to her - go figure!! It must have worked, which is more than we can say for this lot
Not really a hung parliament when you have the support of the indies and you have the numbers in the senate.
Old 29-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #68
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Interesting Site!

Go to the history page check government debt and all debt to see how government actually has a smaller percentage of the total Australian debt today than it did during the 90's

JP
Fact is $1B a month pays for interest on our debt. I'm sure there are better things to spend that money on.
Old 29-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #69
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Interesting Site!

JP
However, when one digs deeper, one finds that most of the GDP is fueled by debt... Those low percentages aren't so low.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Old 29-10-2014, 04:05 PM   #70
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute83 View Post
Fact is $1B a month pays for interest on our debt. I'm sure there are better things to spend that money on.
Agree,
But sometimes it would seem, as all western, capitalist, 'first' 'second', and 'third' world countries have debt it cant be all that bad.
As everyone is doing it maybe its an accepted method of funding government actions under appropriate conditions. (don't

Don't confuse government debt with a private mortgage.

JP
Old 29-10-2014, 04:05 PM   #71
Tough Ford

Lightbulb Re: Abbott Bypasses the Senate and Raises Fuel Excise

Lets not worry about 'the debt' and cut all taxes.
Yeah right, what mess the country was left in by the last mob who I had hoped would help working Australian's instead of people who have bludged of welfare all their lives.
These measures are not taken lightly, but our country is in serious strife with Labor trying to win votes with illegal immigrants who have recieved tens of thousands of dollars in so called hardship allowances.
I was not born here so please don't call me racist as I'm happy to socialize with anybody who likes to contribute to this great country of ours.
Before moving into management I was driving buses and believe me when I say everybody has a pension card,regardless of age, race or gender.
Our country thrives on welfare, well it's time to pay it back, because if we don't well third world country here we come. As over the top as that may sound our debt is due to reach $600 billion in 5 or 10 years on the back of what... The mining boom, compared to what we were making in previous years with record mineral prices and so on.
Anybody seriously contemplating a change of government has got to be kidding over a half a cent petrol rise. How about 20cents p/l when before the tanks have been filed at your local servo.
Nobody seems to think of what's going to happen down the track.
It's of great concern as the she'll be right just won't cut it anymore.

Cleveland goodness wrapped in a FORD shell
5 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #72
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Agree,
But sometimes it would seem, as all western, capitalist, 'first' 'second', and 'third' world countries have debt it cant be all that bad.
As everyone is doing it maybe its an accepted method of funding government actions under appropriate conditions. (don't

Don't confuse government debt with a private mortgage.

JP
I really don't think you get it.
Old 29-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #73
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post

Not sure if introducing more legislation is a good thing or a yardstick to be proud of, I would have thought removing useless legislation would be better.
no matter what positives I say you are going to **** bag it, so best I bow out before the Roth hits

Good luck with the idiots in power now, you keep believing their bull****
Old 29-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #74
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not really a hung parliament when you have the support of the indies and you have the numbers in the senate.
hmmm, suggest you google 'hung Parliament
Old 29-10-2014, 04:34 PM   #75
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I really don't think you get it.
I was agreeing with you and posing a question so please Explain! maybe you don't get it? Maybe I don't, but please explain.
Old 29-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #76
39ClevoUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have a think of what happens when taxes are reduced. It's circular and very hard to come back from.
IMO here's what happens.
Let's assume you have good infrastructure and great government services and high employment, low debt, medium taxes, but slow growth, an unexciting private sector.
OK so you start to think let's stimulate growth and the private sector, let's reduce taxes so people have more money to spend. And they do.
Next we don't have enough money to pay for good infrastructure and great services. So let's sell assets to the private sector and reduce government services.
Aussies can't afford to buy these assets, so multinationals do. So money that was going around and around between tax payers and government, profits and jobs (read also more profits from less jobs) leave the country. Gov service jobs drop, unemployment goes up, bussiness gets rich.
But the people have more money!!! Well most do, for a while.
But what does this do....It' means people who now have less services, less infra structure are willing to pay more for let's say houses, and more expensive services.
House prices go up, service prices go up, infrastructure goes down, profit leaves the Australian circle for overseas..
And round we go. And here we are.
Not a great description I know, but if you think about it carefully it fits.
Old 29-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #77
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't understand how we can discuss politics in this thread but not in others....

just sayin' ;-)
Old 29-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #78
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
illegal immigrants who have recieved tens of thousands of dollars in so called hardship allowances.
Are you really taking this line?

I challenge you to provide proof that there are so-called illegal immigrants in Australia are receiving tens of thousands of dollars in so-called hardship allowances.

Quote:
Before moving into management I was driving buses and believe me when I say everybody has a pension
You drove buses. Have you had a think about who the main socio-economic group of people are who catch buses*? Were you expecting CEOs to be catching the bus and paying full-fare?

* This is not an attack on lower socio-economic people who have welfare cards.
5 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2014, 05:17 PM   #79
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its time for some heavy lifting straya
3 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2014, 05:49 PM   #80
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
hmmm, suggest you google 'hung Parliament
I am well aware of it's meaning. The former govco had the support of the indies and the greens which meant they had no trouble getting legislation through.
Old 29-10-2014, 07:08 PM   #81
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
I am well aware of it's meaning. The former govco had the support of the indies and the greens which meant they had no trouble getting legislation through.
"NO" they had to form with them to make govco..

as their weren't enough labour members in the senate.
Old 29-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #82
39ClevoUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Same as if the Libs had been able to do it, they would have formed gov also.
Back to topic... IMO we need to pay more tax, I want gov services and I want to own (via Gov) all the crown jewels (infrastructure, power and resources). I don't want to sell any more to prop up lower tax. One day we will have nothing left otherwise. It's like selling your house and renting it back so you can buy a new car that lasts only 6 years.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #83
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

To me I couldn't really give a rats *** if I paid 10c more/L in fuel AS LONG AS THE ROADS WERE FIXED.

The problem I have is that when we pay a tax on something, and its promised that coin goes into X area, but it doesn't and then we don't know where the $$$ went.

The roads around here don't get fixed, its always a fight beteen the local council and VicRoads in a blame game over who the road "belongs to", VicRoads is always blaming the council, the council is blaming VicRoads saying its their road and they need to front up the cost of fixing it, so it stays damaged for the year.

Or now the newest trend is only cutting two strips of grass along the highway as a "cost saving" with the rest being over 1m tall and dry, and then we get letters in the mail telling us to "be bushfire ready!" and "cut your grass often or you will recieve fines".

Again, council says its not their responsibility to cut the grass its VicRoads, but it was only in early this year when this happened to us and all it would have taken was a wind direction change and it would have hit our town:

How soon they forget.

Its all just too hard apparently, but the speed cameras are all over our highways flashing away bringing in $$$ and we're paying extra $$$ on fuel per L already to "fix roads" and its just not happening for us, the money is coming in, the roads aren't being fixed, just political BS blame game between local council and the road authority.

Though I reckon real politics isn't as bad as workplace politics, thats a doozy that no one can explain.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 29-10-2014 at 08:17 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #84
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Lets try and be objective... Labor were everyone's friend, spending like it was going out of fashion. Is the budget a disaster? Of course not, but Labor showed no sign of restraint going forward so it wasn't unreasonable to be concerned.

Whether they got us thru the GFC is debatable. A hell of a lot of stimulus funds went straight overseas, courtesy of spending on imported consumer goods. It could certainly have been better directed. The BER? Schoolrooms/etc are nice to look at, but they don't contribute to productivity gains in the economy in the way similar spending on industrial/transport infrastructure would have.

Are the current Lib government the right people for the job of getting things back on track? God no, I think that's clear to most sensible people regardless of political leanings. I'm a firm believer that Malcolm Turnbull would be a far better man for the job, and hope that he's given the opportunity sometime in the next few years....
I would rather Sharia Law than the changes he would inflict on Oz values and culture...
Old 29-10-2014, 08:27 PM   #85
BHDOGS
Banned

abbott just needs to **** off the sooner the better perhaps shorten should stand infront of a ditch the dick head sign and allen jones can say how his father died of shame.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #86
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Majority of posts have very little or if any content on the OP's subject.

Closed

Link some of you may want to read.
http://fordforums.com.au/announcement.php?f=2&a=2

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread