Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-12-2014, 11:21 AM   #61
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VFACTS November 2014

Overall Holden is selling close to 25,000 more cars than Ford for the year to date.

Maybe those extra sales from other models is offsetting Holden’s loss on the Commodore, if there is in fact a loss at all.

Who knows outside of the GM Corporation what the actual profit and loss is on these vehicles and how much of the bells and whistles R&D plays a part in the current VF overheads?

There appears to be a lot of banter and wasted speculation on ledger sheet figures for vehicles that are being grudgingly manufactured whilst they run down to their extinction date.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #62
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
We can't really tell, unless the info goes into further detail as to what specific model is being sold.

I got a test drive for the Diesel 4WD booked this Sat actually... I'm happy to fork out more for the diesel and the 4WD hardware, I wouldn't look at one if it were only fwd.

See what happens. If they allow me to twist their arm enough and give me a good trade it will be the second new Mitsubishi in our garage - I had a very good buying, after sales and warranty experience when buying a new Mirage for the better half last year.
Mitsubishi can add 1 more line to their sales tally chart.

Deposit down on a white Outlander Aspire diesel :-)

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2014, 09:17 PM   #63
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted View Post
This is nothing but pure speculation on your behalf. What evidence and/or qualifications do you have to support a statement such as "Ford are losing money but not as much"?
None, just as I thought.
well its obvious otherwise the factory would be staying open??

heres a hint, how much has Holden spent on the Commodore compared to Ford has on its Falcon and Territory?? the fact is too recover the more you spend on a product, you have to sell more product. Holden isn't selling as much to recover what it has spent. hence its losing money, so is Ford on its Australian cars but because it isn't spending as much as what Holden is (which is very obvious with the updated Territory and Falcon) its not losing as much.. heres a question for you?? how much money did Ford Australia and Holden lose last finical year?? look at the previous years and there will be the evidence you require if your smart enough to look. which I highly doubt
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2014, 10:38 AM   #64
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
heres a hint, how much has Holden spent on the Commodore compared to Ford has on its Falcon and Territory?? the fact is too recover the more you spend on a product, you have to sell more product. Holden isn't selling as much to recover what it has spent. hence its losing money, so is Ford on its Australian cars but because it isn't spending as much as what Holden is (which is very obvious with the updated Territory and Falcon) its not losing as much..
To save us having to look it up can you tell us how much they did spend?

How much did Holden spend on VF - and how many Commodores, Sportwagons, Commodore utes, Caprices, Chev SS and Caprice PPV have been sold since VF launched early last year; and how many of each will they sell if sales remain constant until their projected close in 2017?

How much did Ford spend, and how many units do you project they will sell between now and their projected close in 2016?

I'm asking as I don't know how much was spent by either, nor do I know how many units each has sold and will sell (and I don't know when either will "actually" close).

From your comment you must already have these figures at hand, so can you save us all the trouble and just give us the figures so we can see for ourselves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
heres a question for you?? how much money did Ford Australia and Holden lose last finical year?? look at the previous years and there will be the evidence you require if your smart enough to look. which I highly doubt
Here's a question for you. Of those loses, how much was an actual operating loss for the year and how much was one-off write down of assets?

Another question would be why you place so much trust in the creative accountancy of multi-national corporations that can pretty much manipulate reports to arrive at their preferred result?

A final question would be why you feel the need to question another member's intelligence? Particularly given we can look at previous posts from both of you and make our own assessment.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #65
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Of those loses, how much was an actual operating loss for the year and how much was one-off write down of assets?
The above statement reads very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Another question would be why you place so much trust in the creative accountancy of multi-national corporations that can pretty much manipulate reports to arrive at their preferred result?
I can see what you’re saying here but the wording is a bit iffy.

There is no such thing as creative accountancy or manipulated reports, it’s either legal or illegal practices.

Using what some may refer to as a loophole for example is neither creative nor illegal, it’s simply understanding financial and company law and using it to your advantage.

Interpreting, understanding and working with this information depends on your skill level.

I have no doubt analysing Ford or GM Holden’s financial statements would be beyond a lot of people.

All we as layman know in this case is a lot of money was spent, a lot of money is being made and manufacturing motor vehicles costs a lot of money. How the three offset each other when all business factors are accounted for is unknown to us. We can assume the business models for both Ford and GM Holden no longer supports a case for the local manufacturing of vehicles.

Everything else offered here as financial fact is just someone’s unqualified speculation and opinion based on something they read, heard or interpreted.

As far as Commodore outselling Falcon goes, well that’s the way it is at this point in time and the recent Falcon figures would not be helped at all by the knowledge a new model is hitting the market.

Last edited by LoudPipes; 14-12-2014 at 01:16 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #66
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Ford spent a touch over 100 million for the FGX
Holden spent 500 million for VF

Both have reduced prices. Almost 10k for some of the high end cars. They would have to be struggling.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2014, 01:27 PM   #67
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Holden were at one stage air freighting the SSV rims from the US due to demand, you can just imagine the cost of that...
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #68
LooLoo18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
Ford spent a touch over 100 million for the FGX
Holden spent 500 million for VF

Both have reduced prices. Almost 10k for some of the high end cars. They would have to be struggling.
Anyone know how much Ford spent on the FG?
XE Fairmont Ghia 4.9lt
EF Fairmont
AU Falcon II
BA MKII Fairmont
FG XR6 50TH
Current
Nissan Pulsar (The Wife's)
Ranger Wildtrak Chilli Orange
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #69
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Holden were at one stage air freighting the SSV rims from the US due to demand, you can just imagine the cost of that...
How big a demand was that?

100 sets, a 1000, 5000?

Whatever it was, the minor demand and airfreighting charges for SSV rims to the USA would be an almost unnoticed overhead in the costly world of global automotive manufacturing.

And what do we know about it? It could have been an oncost absorbed by GM itself which is common practice and not costed to the Holden factory at all. In fact Holden may have made an internal profit from it.

People are taking figures literally without knowing the big picture.

Manufacturing and its costs are much more than what you read in the media.
This user likes this post:
Old 14-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #70
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooLoo18 View Post
Anyone know how much Ford spent on the FG?
About 500 million for the FG, compared to the "billion dollar baby" VE.

So in total, Ford have spent about $625million on FG and FG X.

Holden have spent $1.5 billion on VE and VF....yeah Holden are doing so well.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #71
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yellow Festiva..did you look at KUGA and what put you off buying one ? thanx
Old 14-12-2014, 03:58 PM   #72
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Yellow Festiva..did you look at KUGA and what put you off buying one ? thanx
Kuga never had a chance.

Inadequate warranty, questionable reliability and longevity of transmission.

I got treated like trash when buying and servicing my diesel focus and needed to fight and argue every warranty claim.

Last year I bought a new Mirage for my wife. Great buying experience, great service experience and great to deal with when I needed warranty work done.

Was I a satisfied customer? You bet. Did that then influence my next purchase? Of course.

There were other cheaper options and I was intending buying the ASX but when the sales person explained the different models and specs I was happy to fork out well over what I was intending to pay on the top of the line next model up.

Should be delivered some time next week.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: