Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #31
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhdriver
Same here. I predict an enormous voter backlash against the Bracks government at the next election. If it wasn't for hopeless and incompetent opposition leaders such as Denis Napthine and Robert Doyle, Bracks would have been gone a long time ago.
AS we like to refer to him as "Teflon Steve" in our family cause nothing sticks to him (G-rated version, lol) :

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #32
LTDHO
The one and only

LTDHO's blood is boiling, not happy at all!

WTF is wrong with these people? If they actually wanted to decrease the road toll then they would get of ther back sides, get in those new patrol vehicles and start targeting unsafe cars and drivers.

When will they learn that speeding is a (small) contributor to motor accidents?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 08:42 PM   #33
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey_XF
AS we like to refer to him as "Teflon Steve" in our family cause nothing sticks to him (G-rated version, lol) :
LOL, the cream pie that somebody shoved in his face a couple of years ago sure stuck to him alright. : : Who remembers that? He got :
gmhdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 08:46 PM   #34
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
LOL, the cream pie that somebody shoved in his face a couple of years ago sure stuck to him alright. : : Who remembers that? He got :
lol yeah i remember that, nearly spat my soup out when i saw it
Professor Farnsworth is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 08:50 PM   #35
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Yeah that was funny as as Mr. T would say :MrT_anim:

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 11:03 PM   #36
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

This is just typical of the tripe that governments spin to sell their money grabbing efforts. They have no credibility and can legally tell lies and get away with it. I have to laugh every time I travel to Geelong and read these temporey flashing signs, "Speed cameras cut crashes" What a load of S :sm_drool: T

It is up to us, the masses, to vote these parasites out of office. Once they realise we the masses mean business this may curb their ways.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:06 PM   #37
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
LTDHO's blood is boiling, not happy at all!

WTF is wrong with these people? If they actually wanted to decrease the road toll then they would get of ther back sides, get in those new patrol vehicles and start targeting unsafe cars and drivers.

When will they learn that speeding is a (small) contributor to motor accidents?
The people that make these statements have not worked on the street for years and are more like politicians than police officers. Please dont take out their ignorance on the common member. You may recall a group of Sergeants wrote to the Herald Sun in protest at the governments stand on speed cameras a few years back. I believe most were stationed at Melbourne West Police Station (VPC). Members in the western suburbs, general duties, don't have time to get speeding motorists, we are too busy dealing with all the domestics :sm_drool:
Old 05-02-2006, 11:15 PM   #38
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
It is up to us, the masses, to vote these parasites out of office. Once they realise we the masses mean business this may curb their ways.
It's a bit too late though, it's not like a newly elected government will come in and start pulling the cameras down, they will just say that they can't do anything about it and blame everything on the previous government.
gmhdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 11:20 PM   #39
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
It's a bit too late though, it's not like a newly elected government will come in and start pulling the cameras down, they will just say that they can't do anything about it and blame everything on the previous government.
Most likely, but perhaps we can hold Doyle, if he is still leader and wins : , keep to his promise : , of putting tolerance back up to 10%..........

Personally I think the whole system should be flushed............ :
Old 05-02-2006, 11:30 PM   #40
jmc-007

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
It's stupid.

Imagine a state with a camera on every road. Got moneys? lots of it? yes please government!

Stupid idea..... same as all the others. Just another money grab.
The eye is watching.

The govt are crooked like the mafia only the govt writes there own rule book. expect this ИИИИ and more draconian laws to come into effect soon.
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 11:32 PM   #41
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
This part here is the one thing can they never listen to.... teach them right when they are young teens and have better licensing procedures covering ALL aspects of driving and they may start achieving something in the 16 to 25 age group! But of course, thats too practical for the pollies
Thats the thing though, its not olny about teaching all aspects of driving, its about teaching the art of respect for others.
Other people do have a right to be on the road, they are not merely obstacles between you and mates waiting at maccas, or obstacles between you and a nice lady in the car infront that you want to get closer too cause you think you've got a shot if you wolf whistle at them and use difficult two-word phrases like "yeah baby".

You see it all too often. its gets so repetitive and makes me so friggin frustrated when I talk about cause I realise its not gunna get better any time soon.

I think compulsory driver training will definately help for the ones who want to learn, and will help a minute amount of the boy racers once they realise their lancer with turbo added a springs cut doesnt stop very well when its really needed, but the knuckle-draggers mentioned above will never change and we can only hope that when they wrap their car around a tree or pole they dont take anyone else with them.

And to add to my frustration, saturday I was driving in a sixty zone, some tool in an audi a4 pulls right up behind me then proceeds to shift over to the left in a break in parked cars, then heads over to the wrong side of the road over a slight hill to get around another inconsiderate person thats in their way (it is dashed lines, but it is blind) all while travelling at roughly 70kmh, then a commodore comes up beside to to repeat the same actions when I realise it is an unmarked cop car... I laugh, clap and cheer like crazy in the car as he heads over to the wrong side of the road too follow this guy only to see him pull back onto the left side to make a left turn into some side street.

The cops lights were never on at any time, and from all the manouvers he made would have saved him all of 20secs if that, dead serious, he got infront of about 3 cars in the space of 1km or less and would have been about 5 car lengths ahead of me when he made the turn.

Last edited by MAD; 05-02-2006 at 11:41 PM.
MAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 07:01 AM   #42
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJH
CASPER, couldn't have said it better myself...well done! Part of the problem is this...we all agree that driver training and education would be the best answer. If that is the case what happens?.. we become better drivers, more responsive to potentially dangerous situations, able to control a car with more skill and overall better drivers with a much better attitude to other road users and the road law itself. Having said that what's the result?..lower revenue from speed cameras because drivers are behaving themselves on the road. There isn't chance in hell this government will spend the money on driver training because it will have a negative effect in terms on revenue, sure it WILL save lives but it will cost too much money.
How true. Lots of us like you and Casper and Cadagan of Motor magazine have been saying this for years. The Governments have blood on their hands while they spend tax payers money advertising bullxxxx messages to convince Joe Bloggs that speed cameras save lives when in fact they are just another tax. I've e-mailed the Qld transport minister a number of times asking him how he sleeps at night with the knowledge he's promoting lies while people are dying.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 07:42 AM   #43
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc-007
The govt are crooked like the mafia only the govt writes there own rule book.
The Victorian Government is the new mafia. But worst!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 08:26 AM   #44
ltd
Force Fed Fords

After reading all the posts here, a few things become obvious.

1/ Casper, you are spot on, especially with the newspapers and current affairs
2/ Governments are only interested in revenue, they are not interested in safety.
3/ Demonising speed is a dangerous precedent as speed can be a life saver, and prevent accidents (like overtaking etc)
4/ Revenue cameras are sneaky and people caught on them become bitter about it, usually it's political suicide for whatever homo put them in there
5/ Bracks is a fudge packer
6/ Morris Iemma is a stuttering, blubbering moron who used to be indecisive, but now he's not so sure.
7/ NSW treasurer's qualification was that he was formerly employed as a train driver
8/ Speed cameras are dangerous as drivers shift their focus from the road to their speedometers ie going down hill at the spit mosman (there are 3)
9/ NSW and Vic have plenty of speed cameras from a weekend brax and former premier carr spent together by the moonlight signing a grant for the filmakers of c0ckfag mountain starring heath ledger
10/ NSW hasn't reduced its road toll with cameras either
11/ Radar and Lidar are inaccurate, especially if they have not been calibrated every two hours as per oem's recommendation
12/ Fixed cameras are also known to go out of calibration and it is up to the Road Tax Authority to determine when it did by the number of vehicles passing it/number vehicles photographed.
13/ Bob Carr wore a pink teddy under his suit whenever attending parliament
14/ Speed cameras do save lives, the lives of greedy self serving MP's who need a payrise "Or else they'll just die"
15/ Revenue cameras are monitored 24 hrs a day, to prevent malicious damage to the cashcow.
16/ Bob Carr (the rockspider who put these cameras in in the first place) is in Fact Gay. He has three chauffers (paid for by the state), and lives at a certain number in French st Maroubra where he has been seen with his boyfriend being dropped off 5 times a week at about 9pm, and picked up at midnight (all in one of bobs caprices).
17/ NSW is to get new number plates that say NSW-State of disrepair
18/ Our road policies were set by a number of politicians who don't in fact drive, rather they are chauffer driven and thus do not expereince our roads
19/ Bracks secretly thinks he is the president of the united states, and therefore should have his own security detail for what he has called "the first family".
20/ Police are stripped of resources and budgets and revenue cameras help to do two jobs at once.

Quote: