Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 18-01-2015, 09:38 PM   #31
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Motorised Esky Illegal?

Looking at the You Tube videos on motorised, esky/cooler/ice box it does seem, apart from some properly organised events, they attract a certain irresponsible bogan / redneck element and most appear to be driven on street with no helmets etc. Some on those videos are also being driven at considerable speed without adequate brakes or safe steering. But yes as kittle ids in the 50's we used to roll down steep footpaths on our hill trollies and yes even them some people used to complain. I guess the difference is we are talking about "adults" here and faster powered transport.
Old 18-01-2015, 09:39 PM   #32
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morexbs View Post
They also had it taken away on a tilt tray.And they wonder why people don't respect the police any more....
How many police officers do you think it should take to safely lift the offending vehicle onto another vehicle without violating several good ohs principles?
Ultimately its the owner who pays for the flatbed when they pay the impound fee on return of the esky.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 18-01-2015, 09:50 PM   #33
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo View Post
Also happened in Adelaide two weeks ago.
http://ab.co/1BDqwQX

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
At least that bloke got a warning. If he was stupid enough to get back on it and ride it on the street then he deserves everything he gets........ including paying for the flatbed to take it away.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 18-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #34
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

I think a space is being reserved for an esky driver who finally gets it totally wrong in a forthcoming Darwin award. http://darwinawards.com/
Old 18-01-2015, 10:27 PM   #35
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I`d like to see him try and move my esky with that motor.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #36
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
I was using my rc car on the road and footpath and cops were called,came out and were about to shoot me with tazers after i told them they were wasting taxpayers dollars and had a go at them,its a toy ffs.
They also refused to step into range of my security cameras...
I am a bigger than average guy so i had my hands clasped behind my back the whole time...
I reported the incident to police,apparently they were called out for a noise complaint and also threatned to charge me for driving an unlicensed vehicle on the road(another charge) and you cant do that so the coppers at the station told me.
I can enjoy my hobby of choice for up to 2 hours per day by council law(mainly for musical instrumante etc)
My neighbours are bastards.
The nitro car is not even as loud as a whipper snipper.
I abused the coppers for being so crap at their job so they drove over the wooden edging i had along my driveway and broke it all(on purpose of course)
Ive had someone trying to kick my door down and the cops refused to come out...
Priorities ffs
Im not in any way saying gosnells coppers are crap,just the 2 guys that day,most ive dealt with have been awesome.
i have a clown like you that lives across the road

take your crappy little toy car and your crappy little toy car world you live in down the park

thnx
3 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2015, 11:49 PM   #37
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Neighbours, what can you do, right?

I have one behind me who rides a quad bike in their backyard on their residential property, another likes playing loud music at night, there used to be this old guy across the road who used to water his garden with a hose, in the rain, in his pyjamas.

He also had this cool end of the world stash of junk in his shed like bits of treated pine on top of a big load of dirt right in the center with other junk on top of it, and in the middle of the draught he had a few massive water tanks full but that was for the end of the world.

Then he decided to sell his house without using an agent by putting up a little sign on a stake in our court in the middle of nowhere, then dropped the price by $100K after a few months, our current neighbour bought it from him real cheap, then the old dude died a month later from a heart attack.
This user likes this post:
Old 19-01-2015, 01:30 PM   #38
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

I heard he was under the influence of......ice

Compliments of the Sunrise newsreader

Cleaning wheelie bins-
Cats are good too. Fill to about 20cm with water, add soap and cat. Hold lid firmly closed for two minutes. Be sure to stand well clear when releasing cat.

All Whirlpool gold.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2015, 01:38 PM   #39
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Really? What did the guy expect, the cop to just send him on his way?
He was operating a home made motorised vehicle on a footpath.
It may be a bit of fun but keep it on your own property therefore any incidents are limited to impacting yourself.
Got what he deserved.
Old 19-01-2015, 02:06 PM   #40
cram_it_frog
wombat

when i was growing up if some thing like this happened the cop would take to one side and give you a serious warning and you know exactly what would happen if you did it again

today it is all about the book and its rules no room for a bit of common sense

yes there were some really bad cops or should I say thugs but any organization that size has to have a few bad apples

but in those days you had a height and weight limit so you got a lot of big cops

and yes if you got caught again doing same thing you coped it hard but most people those days realized that so they behaved

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
Old 19-01-2015, 02:08 PM   #41
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
i have a clown like you that lives across the road

take your crappy little toy car and your crappy little toy car world you live in down the park

thnx
Best you go and have your cranky depression medicine and your midstrength beer old man,dont burst a blood vessel on your way to the medicine cabinet...
Old 19-01-2015, 02:10 PM   #42
cram_it_frog
wombat

any one ever watch the movie " Smiilley gets a Gun" with chips rafferty that is what life was like for the kids in the bush

o and i found out the other day Chips Raferty grew up in Argent street just down the road from me in Broken Hill

I loved that movie

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
Old 19-01-2015, 02:18 PM   #43
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple6 View Post
Off topic for a sec,

So you're bigger than the average bloke, kept your hands hidden behind your back and was aggressive/abusive in your speech towards them? Yeah, I wonder why that didn't really go your way?

Also, when you say they were going to taser you - were they drawn and pointing at you? If they were holstered then they probably weren't going to taser you.

And another thing - when they 'refused' to come to your house when someone was kicking your door in; what was the reason provided? Or did they just arrive later than you'd hope/needed?

I know you say that most cops you deal with are awesome, but I think this post was a solid, 1 sided cop bashing post.

If i choose to talk unkindly of the 2 particular cops i had issues with and that makes me a cop basher, then so be it.
You had nothing even relevant to add to the original post so why bother?
At least my post was related in most parts..
If you disagree thats your problem not mine...
Old 19-01-2015, 02:25 PM   #44
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
In terms of remote control cars on footpaths and in parks they are usually covered by council bylaws along the lines of:

See http://www.mornpen.vic.gov.au/.../Lo...poses_2012.pdf etc

Admittedly neither the Gosnells http://www.gosnells.wa.gov.au/About_...aws/Local_Laws or Armadale Council http://www.armadale.wa.gov.au/Home/P...blic_Documents. appear to have such bylaws. But the police always have that all covering "causing public nuisance" and "disturbing the peace" out.
You quote laws that arent even relavant to my situation,whats your point?
They couldnt do me for noise for reasons which ive already explained and threatened me with a law which they couldnt charge me for,they came out and got all angry and got me all ****ed off and had no authority to be doing what they did(in the words of my local police sargent)they went outside of their instructions and therefore broke their own rules.
If they could have charged me they would have.
Seriously whats your point?
If you dont like my post, be a grown up and suck it up.
Old 19-01-2015, 03:01 PM   #45
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
You quote laws that arent even relavant to my situation,whats your point?
They couldnt do me for noise for reasons which ive already explained and threatened me with a law which they couldnt charge me for,they came out and got all angry and got me all ****ed off and had no authority to be doing what they did(in the words of my local police sargent)they went outside of their instructions and therefore broke their own rules.
If they could have charged me they would have.
Seriously whats your point?
If you dont like my post, be a grown up and suck it up.
What brought on that irrational response on? Sorry; but the world does not rotate around you or your posts. The fact that council bylaws often restrict such activities may have been of interest to others reading the thread in the context of this discussion. My comments were not aimed at you or anyone in particular.

Last edited by aussiblue; 19-01-2015 at 03:15 PM.
Old 19-01-2015, 03:18 PM   #46
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Firstly the guy has a disability and is unable to obtain a drivers license. He does however have a motorised bike but thought the motorised esky would be perfect for going to the shop to buy groceries and beer. He is 29 and a breath test returned zero. A report says the esky has a top speed of 20km/h.
So is it illegal to drive your ride on lawnmower across the footpath to mow the nature strip??
Old 19-01-2015, 03:32 PM   #47
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
Firstly the guy has a disability and is unable to obtain a drivers license. He does however have a motorised bike but thought the motorised esky would be perfect for going to the shop to buy groceries and beer. He is 29 and a breath test returned zero. A report says the esky has a top speed of 20km/h.
What was the source for that ? If true, it might suggest they were a bit harsh. I guess his bike has brakes and lights though while perhaps the Esky doesn't.
Old 19-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #48
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

OK found it here http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...35f894593e8dcf
Quote:
Mr Ryan, who is registered disabled and never owned a driving licence, believes a warning would have sufficed.

He claimed Rosebud police often saw him riding his Esky — which can reach a maximum speed of 20km/h — off road without taking action, but the highway patrol officer in question was from nearby Hastings.

Mr Ryan said he also rode an electric bike and was told that was lawful as it did not have a petrol engine.

“The ironic thing is the electric bike can go heaps faster than the Esky can,” Mr Ryan said.

“I mainly drive the Esky to the shops — it’s handy for keeping the groceries and beer cool, but I never drink and drive.”

The Esky was impounded for 30 days under local council laws relating to the use of unregistered recreational vehicles on council
And perhaps, if that is the whole story, a warning should have sufficed.
Old 19-01-2015, 03:50 PM   #49
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz View Post
So is it illegal to drive your ride on lawnmower across the footpath to mow the nature strip??
Is a ride on lawnmower a motor vehicle needing a drivers license to operate too? Waiting for the day footway patrol or footway jokers impounds a ride on lawnmower...
Old 19-01-2015, 03:51 PM   #50
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Imagine if we all had motorised eskies maybe we would be allowed in cycle lanes and that would P*** off all those pesky bike riders. Storm in a tea cup but he broke the law and unlike the cyclists he' paying for it.
GT450
Old 19-01-2015, 03:55 PM   #51
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
What brought on that irrational response on? Sorry; but the world does not rotate around you or your posts. The fact that council bylaws often restrict such activities may have been of interest to others reading the thread in the context of this discussion. My comments were not aimed at you or anyone in particular.
Of course it was aimed at me,you involve my subject matter,my suburb and say its not aimed at me,you are full of it.
"What brought on that irrational response on"
What the hell does that even mean?
Im not a gutless little weed like yourself so im saying out loud,"this post is aimed fair and square at you!"
Old 19-01-2015, 03:55 PM   #52
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
Is a ride on lawnmower a motor vehicle needing a drivers license to operate too? Waiting for the day footway patrol or footway jokers impounds a ride on lawnmower
It's already happened numerous times e.g.:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/man...-1111115363271
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...35f894593e8dcf
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/...awnmower-ride/
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-08-2...scapade/952280

Quote:
Man charged over lawnmower ride

MEGAN BAILEY January 24, 2011, 6:10 pm

A man faces one charge of driving under suspension after police caught him driving a ride-on lawnmower on a council verge.

The 25-year-old from Kenwick, who also had an outstanding arrest warrant for driving under suspension, will appear in Perth Magistrate's court tomorrow.

Police seized the lawnmower because it was unlicensed but let the man off with a warning because it belonged to his employer and he was not aware it was unlicensed.

Under WA law any vehicle that travels on the road must be licensed. Police checked the ride on mower because the verge is considered part of the road.
Old 19-01-2015, 03:57 PM   #53
STINKY NINJA
Banned

aussiblue aka "mr quote"
Old 19-01-2015, 03:58 PM   #54
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
Of course it was aimed at me,you involve my subject matter,my suburb and say its not aimed at me,you are full of it.
Im not a gutless little weed like yourself so im saying out loud,"this post is aimed fair and square at you!"
sigh; yawn.
Old 19-01-2015, 04:00 PM   #55
malazn mafia
Boss 335

How do you license a ride on lawnmower? Get a roadworthy certificate, registration label and number plate?
Old 19-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #56
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
sigh; yawn.

Glad i could enlighten your otherwise boring day
Old 19-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #57
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
I guess I need to spell it out for you. Yes; you raised the issue of using RC cars on footpaths and police jurisdiction. I simply pointed out:

a) there are often council bylaws that covered RC vehicles (and noted they did not apply in Gosnells/ Armadale your case - so why would that offend you; it supported what you claimed?);
b) that police have fairly wide discretionary powers in terms of "breaching the peace" etc where there is not specific legislative power.

I wasn't arguing with you or making any criticism of you; so no I was not targeting you. I was not even debating your points I was trying to further the discussion by adding information.

And BTW I don't thing the name calling is warranted or in the spirit of this forum but if it makes you feel like a hero go for it.

I have a para legal background so:
a) I like to investigate legislative questions that arise out of the forums;
b) I like to use quotes so I have a independent reference for my views/ advice etc (and I don't apologise for doing so).
Old 19-01-2015, 04:34 PM   #58
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Thread wrecked by a few who rather try for insult points than have a mature discussion.

closed

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread