Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-05-2015, 03:23 PM   #31
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Toyota "Thank you Ford for advertising our cars"

They even taken a leaf outta Toyota's book using the young receptionist to sell their cars on the ad

(Not being sexist however I have never met the particular demographic in a caryard selling cars)
rare ss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2015, 07:15 PM   #32
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
"I think it's fantastic they are prepared to use our vehicles in their advertisements," Buttner told Drive.
I'm sure i read somewhere that he was saying the exact opposite (like threatening legal action and all)...pity i can't find it again.

i did find this tho:
When asked if the Toyota attacks were working, the Ford boss remained non-committal.
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/f...08-122k3w.html
Old 27-05-2015, 08:24 PM   #33
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
2011G6E. One of the reason for Fiesta Focus Ranger etc being built in Thailand was to bring price down , hasn't happened. All Fords should be cheaper than they are,
I don't think the cars were ever going to be cheaper. Cheap labour in Thailand, keep the car at the same price, Extra in the bottom line.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2015, 08:37 PM   #34
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
2011G6E. One of the reason for Fiesta Focus Ranger etc being built in Thailand was to bring price down , hasn't happened. All Fords should be cheaper than they are,
Focus prices dropped (between $850 and $2410 depending on model) when production switched to Thailand. Fiesta prices dropped by up to $1500.

Whether (you think) that's enough in the current marketplace is another question entirely.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-05-2015, 08:59 PM   #35
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Thats what I mean, how much did they spend on developing PX Ranger?
Probably developed on a shoestring Falcon budget as Ford Aus always wonderfully manage to pull off. Sadly they could not build it on Australian soil. F150 most probably had the GDP of a small country spent on it, as they have the numbers in USA.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2015, 10:51 PM   #36
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
F150 aluminium in RHD? Where do I sign? This would be so much better than the 3rd world utes we have to choose from, which sadly Ranger is one of.
Hmmm it would be nice of you to own a 3rd world ute such as a ranger before you make that comment, might surprise you.
Comparing the quality & reliability of Ranger against our FG Falcon ute the ranger wins quite easy.
As for the F150, it has to be released here for further evaluation & comment.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2015, 11:14 PM   #37
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Of course affordibility is a pain in the ***, but Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge has been in talks with their parent company and put forward a business case for the new Dodge RAM 1500 to be designed and built in RHD at the factory for our market.

I know the 1500 is the light duty model, but say if it was priced at $70K in our market, would you weigh up that extra $20,000 or so over the smaller dual cab utes?

Or a hypothetical situation, we go back a few years, Ford decides, instead of spending $X on designing the PX Ranger, they run with the same old previous model for a few more years.

BUT

The aluminium F150 which has just come out in the USA has been designed in RHD, and we're getting it in our market, with the 2.7L and 3.5L Ecoboost engines, at around $60,000.

Given that its more affordable, would you still go Ranger then?

People say "there is no market here" for these things, how do you know when you haven't offered it?

The only chance we had was some hodge podge F250/350 which was the USA 1999 model which ran from 2001-2006 with minor changes along the way, built in Brazil, it didn't even have a glove box.

Hard question to answer, I have been involved with previous model F Trucks & my Ranger has proved its worth to me, I would have to see a new F150 in the flesh & test drive before I could comment any further.
Old 27-05-2015, 11:18 PM   #38
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it is interesting that global Ranger is not sold in the USA - it seems people there would not mind it

http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobile...tml/?a=viewall
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2015, 06:11 AM   #39
LTDHO
The one and only

Ford "truck" is better than the Toyota Hilux.

This ad makes us look like idiots.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2015, 10:23 AM   #40
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoDog68 View Post
it is interesting that global Ranger is not sold in the USA - it seems people there would not mind it

http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobile...tml/?a=viewall
Funny how one has one but not the other, and everyone wants the one they don't have

Mind you GM has the Colorado over there now, thats what the diesel enthusiast forums were yakking on about for ages how excited they were to see it over there.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2015, 10:40 AM   #41
Golioth
Cruzin in FNQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare ss View Post
They even taken a leaf outta Toyota's book using the young receptionist to sell their cars on the ad

(Not being sexist however I have never met the particular demographic in a caryard selling cars)
She is hot though
Golioth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2015, 11:01 AM   #42
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
In case you hadn't noticed, this is Australia...we call them "utes"...it's not the USA, so don't try to make us into it...
Well we aint that damned patriotic are we ? - When Australians stopped buying "aussie" made cars anymore - what does it matter what you call them......

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2015, 12:40 PM   #43
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare ss View Post

I have, early 20's female, pretty decent looking. It was a nice change for once.

Quote:
F150 aluminium in RHD? Where do I sign? This would be so much better than the 3rd world utes we have to choose from, which sadly Ranger is one of.
New utes are actually pretty good, I used to say I would never own one because of the POS utes I had driven in the past, but the new ones are great.
I can't compare them to a F150 since I have never been in one, but would happily consider one if they came here for a reasonable price.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2015, 09:32 PM   #44
thehammer

only reason Toyota sell so many cars is because they've successfully brainwashed the public into believing they are bullet-proof
Current: AU wagon... Old rides: AUII XR8 220, NF V8, NC V8, XG XR6, XF ute, 2 XE's, XF, ED 5sp, EF, '95 Mondeo... non-ford.... VR V8, VL Turbo, TT Soarer, Suzuki Sierra, Hilux Surf, GQ Patrol, 2x4 Rodeo
thehammer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-05-2015, 08:54 AM   #45
Kingsley
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golioth View Post
She is hot though
She sure is!! She's been in a couple of movies. Her names Ngaire Dawn Fair.
Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2015, 09:05 AM   #46
2002au
Define definitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehammer View Post
only reason Toyota sell so many cars is because they've successfully brainwashed the public into believing they are bullet-proof
Well We have has many toyota a over the years as personal cars and work utes etc. for example dads old 80 series was sold with 560,000 on it. No major work ever, and all our work utes have pretty hard lives in the bush.

Another example of more modern utes is our 06 d4d hilux. 340,000kms and only had a new clutch and intercooler (cracked). Where as one of Rangers (2012 3.2 dual car) has been just a peice or crap. Bolts falling out of gear lever. New gearbox, 4x4 switch falling apart.

And to top it off our 2.2 flat tray 4x4 ranger's engine blew up (cracked piston), gearbox whined and diff whines and all were replaced within its first 35000kms. And has been nothing but a heapa constantly bringing up engine lights and going in limp mode ever since.

I know which brand I trust a lot more.
BF F6 TYPHOON in NEO #718 ~ 356rwkw :
BF XR6 TURBO in SILHOUETTE
2002au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2015, 06:34 PM   #47
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am pretty sure the f150 are not comming to australia

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...-1227353337231

I have been keeping a ear close to the ground and the only one that we might get would be the ram 1500 in a few years.

but would love to be proved wrong - first manufacturer to bring a full sized pick up here would do very well.
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2015, 09:27 PM   #48
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
If you care to read the Ford Ranger brochure you will see it is marketed as a Truck not a bloody ute.

Cheers.
They left out the word TONKA . Calling these things trucks, the marketing is working appealing to those wannabe truck drivers . Never heard anyone driving a LTD calling themselves captain of a ship .
A truck carries heavy loads is speed limited and requires an upgraded licence . Thinking about it a ranger towing to its limit would be severely speed limited as well I suppose .
Hiluxes are limited to 2300 kg which is more in line with the vehicles tare weight, towing something over 1000 kg HEAVIER than you is ummm a bit scary . especially the modern day block of flats sitting 3 foot off the ground that they call a caravan these days .

Last edited by GREGL; 01-06-2015 at 09:34 PM.
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2015, 09:55 PM   #49
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGL View Post
They left out the word TONKA . Calling these things trucks, the marketing is working appealing to those wannabe truck drivers . Never heard anyone driving a LTD calling themselves captain of a ship .
A truck carries heavy loads is speed limited and requires an upgraded licence . Thinking about it a ranger towing to its limit would be severely speed limited as well I suppose .
Hiluxes are limited to 2300 kg which is more in line with the vehicles tare weight, towing something over 1000 kg HEAVIER than you is ummm a bit scary . especially the modern day block of flats sitting 3 foot off the ground that they call a caravan these days .
Hahahah, load of rubbish on your Truck definition, go look it up!

As for your licence upgrade well that is applicable if the truck size & weight is higher for normal licence holder, there are trucks you can drive if under 3 ton limit.

Cheers.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:44 PM   #50
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes and they are marketed as a SMALL truck, sooo in all honesty a minitruck is the appropriate term for the genre for those with mini dicks . Maybe Ford should market it like that, honesty in in advertising and all that .
Disclaimer . No offence intended to those who like myself own a ute of this type .
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2015, 10:50 PM   #51
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGL View Post
Yes and they are marketed as a SMALL truck, sooo in all honesty a minitruck is the appropriate term for the genre for those with mini dicks . Maybe Ford should market it like that, honesty in in advertising and all that .
Disclaimer . No offence intended to those who like myself own a ute of this type .
Minitrucks are already that genre. Usually consist of Lowlux's and Lowdeo's with cut springs, fluro paint job and a tray that cannot carry anything.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2015, 11:06 PM   #52
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehammer View Post
Yes that must be it. I was thinking that was too simplistic and completely unworkable, but you seem to know whats going on. Thing I don't get is why doesn't Ford brainwash people too? Or is it that Ford prefer to be known as the company that isn't bullet proof?

Dunno, maybe its all a bit more complicated than the picture you paint.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2015, 12:35 AM   #53
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
One of the reason why car wash ads (etc) doesn't show badges on cars is because they could arguably be liable for passing off and/or misleading and deceptive conduct because it suggests that Ford are endorsing the product they're selling.
What about this ad here for Bridgestone tyres, which shows a Ford Falcon with logo clearly visible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QqWB6gtQPw

I'm pretty sure Ford aren't endorsing the product. A viewer might also be mislead by this ad into thinking that Ford Falcons have inferior tyres fitted that don't allow proper braking.

Wasn't Peter Brock also in an ad in the 90s for Bridgestone where he and his mother were both in white VS Commodores, with logos visible?
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2015, 01:59 AM   #54
output
POWAAHHHH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
...oh, and Ford? While you're at it...stop calling them "trucks" repeatedly ad-nauseum.

In case you hadn't noticed, this is Australia...we call them "utes"...it's not the USA, so don't try to make us into it...
yep...im not old but not young...and we never called big 4wd utes "trucks" in this country...

trucks are trucks ... u know like semi trailers and smaller stuff like medium ridgids...

its a car...calling ur car a truck wont make ur pee pee bigger...
output is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2015, 08:11 AM   #55
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Wink Re: Toyota "Thank you Ford for advertising our cars"

Quote:
Originally Posted by output View Post
yep...im not old but not young...and we never called big 4wd utes "trucks" in this country...

trucks are trucks ... u know like semi trailers and smaller stuff like medium ridgids...

its a car...calling ur car a truck wont make ur pee pee bigger...
I've just ordered a Falcon XR6 TRUCK.

How did you know I have a small dick output?
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2015, 10:25 AM   #56
output
POWAAHHHH!!!

lol cav...because i was gunna get one of these "trucks" to help with my, er...small problem, but decided to go for the ***** pump instead (all i could afford)...
output is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2015, 10:42 AM   #57
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit05 View Post
She sure is!! She's been in a couple of movies. Her names Ngaire Dawn Fair.
Interesting Melbourne Girl, with a Maori name
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post