Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-12-2005, 01:10 AM   #31
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
My first word of advice - debt is NOT a dirty word. Debt is a valuable tool when used wisely.
It's also questionable whether going into debt for a depreciating asset is a wise move.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 02:50 PM   #32
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I'm 22. I bought my BA in January, from Pickles, paid cash for it.

Took me 4 years of full-time work to save up for it, but then I live at home (pay board), and I didn't go to uni or anything.

My Dad lent me some cash towards it, just so that I still had money for the rego and insurance and things.
I pay him back $100 a week, and am about half-way through repaying what he lent me.
Then again I have it much easier than a lot of people. I'm an only child, and there is a lot of property owned by the family that will be coming my way, so I don't need to buy a place of my own.

That said, I have already managed to save about half of what I had in the bank before I bought the car, so I guess the next thing I will start looking at buying is a property of some sort to rent out, most likely on the NSW south coast.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 09:57 AM   #33
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I'm 23. I waited until I was working full time before I got a loan for a car. That was just before my 22nd B'day. Some days I wonder what life would be like if I had of just kept my old EA and not taken a loan. I'm hoping to pay off the remainder of the loan within the next 1.5 - 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #34
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tquarrell
I'm 22 now, bought my first house at 19, graduated uni last year and now can pretty much buy any car I like, but am sticking with the BA XT. From my experience, you're best putting as little as possible into cars, especially to begin with. I paid cash for the car ($20k), but could have gone overboard and got a T. Problem is insurance fuel etc etc. So my advice is don't be in a rush to spend money on cars, put it into other (productive) things and you'll be better off. Also, as they say, a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. I'd recomend getting the cash out of your car, getting a loan for the new (cheap) car, and investing the spare cash. Plenty of time for expensive cars later.
So you are trying to encourage a site full of young car enthusiasts not to spend money on their cars. Best of luck with that one.

With that set of advice you just gave out in mind, exactly what are you doing here?

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #35
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

one from the grave...lol

I did get a loan...an amount I can manage and pay off by the end of the year...cant wait to get my new ride though...hopefully very soon.

cheers for the advice guys
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post