Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-12-2015, 07:59 AM   #61
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fines for Cyclists to Triple in NSW.

As a cyclist who does some (non professional) racing - hate for cyclists in general is pretty strong . People apply all sort of twisted arguments about cyclists on the road . They should pay for road usage or have registration plates , too slow and holding up traffic , breaking road rules or even what cyclist think :-)
Any of those issues ( apart of what cyclists think) are regulated by governments - law as it stands allows cyclists to ride on the roads , not have regos and get fined for braking road rules . If you have a problem with this lobby your local representative and change the law.
Personally I train in the gym (non enduro cyclist) as don't need the mileage like roadies do , cruise on mtb trails and race on closed roads. There is no way I am sharing the road with some arrogant and selfish drivers that don't even wear Lycra :-) that I see around while driving to work - they don't know how to turn a corner , text while driving , don't know indicators exist, don't understand keep left less overtaking on freeways or speed limits in general ,run red lights , drive cars with stolen plates , drive unregistered cars , drive unroadworthy cars, drive cars with dodgy hid conversions , tailgate cars in their 60t trucks , have spatial awareness of a bull on heat and car positioning skills of a 2 yo ...

Last edited by SumoDog68; 24-12-2015 at 08:21 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2015, 10:25 AM   #62
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted View Post
It's a pity most cyclists don't share this mindset. Their attitude is "I'm entitled to use this road and I don't care who I hold up, so up yours".

Most you think?

do you have any facts to back this up or just your own stupid thoughts?

you were a dick in the other cyclist thread and you are being the same in this one, if you want to post, post with facts!

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
5 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2015, 11:00 AM   #63
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
Most you think?

do you have any facts to back this up or just your own stupid thoughts?

you were a dick in the other cyclist thread and you are being the same in this one, if you want to post, post with facts!
Why post with facts, it's much easier to rant and rave like a sad loser with a chip on the shoulder.
4 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2015, 11:05 AM   #64
elgt146
315-TUF

Reading through these posts you can see the majority of people understand there needs to be common ground and that both parties have idiots in their camps.

But it is good to see the majority take precaution and are aware of their surroundings and adjust accordingly.

Just like any rider or driver you will come across some idiots.

I can also see in these posts some very Anti-Cycling drivers who I am sure are swearing & cursing when they are held up for 5 sec.

Rego, Fines, Rules & Regs won't change peoples attitudes until people understand that on each bicycle is a Father, Son, Brother, Grand Parent, Child, daughter, mother and should be treated like any other person on the road while these roads need to be shared.

I am sure you as a kid rode your bike from morning till night, on the roads, jumping gutters, no helmet and just being free.

Now imagine that is your kid out on the road and some idiot decides to clip him with his mirror, or see how close he can get to him, or throw objects out of cars at them.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2015, 11:08 AM   #65
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

How are parents supposed to afford fines of this magnitude, if heir children suff up whilst riding. It's hard enough to get them to behave at home. I drive a truck, and I am a part time road cyclist. I see it from both sides. Cyclists can't ride in the gutter, because they will continuously get flat tyres. It is not hard to give them the meter or one point five meters. I do it in the tanker, and have had no drama's. Share the road. Registration, licences and taxes are paid by many cyclists, and drivers. It still doesn't entitle you to live in society. Being a good citizen does. I use the road as my work place. I can't get irate at other people on the road because they are impeding my ability to complete my work. Move on, get over your own thoughts of entitlement. Understand that other people do exist, and yes you are likely to encounter them on a day to day basis.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2015, 11:21 AM   #66
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I don't really mind cyclists too much, but something that does give me the ***** is when they're riding up Mt Macedon, its all narrow streets through the township on Mt Macedon Rd and a steep incline, as well as coming from the other direction between Woodend and Romsey, there are some real narrow hairpins climbing the mountain and you come around them to see cyclists struggling up the hill at walking pace.

Its not safe for you to overtake them in the township or coming around those hairpins if they're just around the bend you'll go right over the top of them.

They've got tonnes of dirt tracks but nothing for the road cyclists, they should build a road cycling cut out for all the cyclists who want to go up and over Mt Macedon, they've got walking tracks, 4x4 tracks, a damn road so why not a road cycling track?

Its not just cyclists going slow but you get flogs in cars going slow up the mountain as well, I got stuck behind a BMW X1 doing 30km/h up the damn hill last time I went up and over.

Then coming down some flog in a Subaru Forrester was doing the same going slow, and I'm chasing them down the hill with a Hyundai iLoad up my *** keeping up with us and then I imagine a cyclist up the iLoad's *** and some dude on a mobility scooter up the cyclists *** all coming down the mountain

Or the worst of them all, people riding on horseback on the damn road, one time I just barely avoided taking out two riders on horseback between Woodend and Romsey, I came over a crest at 100km/h and two horses with riders on them were in the middle of the left lane and I just missed them as I went onto the opposite side of the road when I saw them last minute.
Old 24-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #67
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Obviously a lot of people failed to read the last line in post 44.......Closed
Closed Thread