Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-06-2016, 11:43 PM   #1
twodogs 260

Default au 5ltr power steering hose

Hi all, probably been covered before and have been searching for it but no luck. I have an au 2 5ltr fairlane and i'm pretty sure that the power steering high pressure hose is on it's way out , Has anyone actually replaced theirs themselves and can it be done without pulling the motor to peices or pulling the motor out , handy with the tools just don't see how to do it easily. cheers in advance.
twodogs 260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2016, 11:30 PM   #2
Supersnake
Starter Motor

Default Re: au 5ltr power steering hose

Hey mate, mine was leaking from the o-ring on the high pressure line to the pump. Luckily found I could just replace the fitting on the hose rather than remove it which looked like a pain. Just though I'd add that in case that was your problem.
Supersnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2016, 12:06 PM   #3
DartAUxr8

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent article on AU IRS rebuild. 
Default Re: au 5ltr power steering hose

its a bit of work replacing this item if your plan is to replace it with a original item. i replaced it on my ute with a used unit that i had in the shed only to find it was also leaking from the seal.
So i just replaced it with aeroflow fittings and hose and it works a treat.

426HP 730Nm
1/4 mile: 12.44 sec @ 110.42 MPH

Build thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11410574
DartAUxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post