Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-09-2016, 09:00 PM   #61
coolozzieguy

Default Re: Car sold as 'new' now showing signs of paint\body repair

Hi All,

An update of sorts. I logged a job with Ford CRC, and got a call back 3-4 days later from a particularly rude individual who called me back to basically absolve Ford of any problem, and to blame the dealer. The basics of the 'conversation' with her went along the lines of:

"So (Mr. Owner), we have investigated this matter and will be closing this case as Ford is not responsible for the damage and repair."
"Ok, so who is responsible for the damage and repair?"
"Not Ford. The damage was done by (selling dealer) or (wholesale dealer)."
"So you are saying to me now that the damaged was without doubt done by eitherthe first..."
(cuts me off) "I am saying Ford is not responsible and will not honor warranty repair"
"But who created the damage and repair? The selling dealer has not admitted to me that..."
(cuts me off again) "No I am not saying the (selling dealer) or (wholesale dealer) has done anything."
"So what do I do when (selling dealer) and (wholesale dealer) claims they did not cause the damage and repair?"
"ummmmm, well, you see..."
"So I will have no real rights under Australian consumer law, if Ford or the dealer will not fix this for me?"
"umm, well, you see, um, I am not saying that, I am saying that Ford cannot help you with the repair and will be closing this case."
"Ok fine, do you have the details of my leasing company?"
"Is this (Mr. Lease Company representative)?"
"Yes, can you please forward the contents of our conversation and why you are closing the case via email to him and myself please"
"No, I can't do that"
"Why not?"
"Because I can't"
"So how am I supposed to do what you won't, and take the issue up with these dealers if I can't get details of my own ca..."
(cuts me off again, quite forcefully) "I can only talk to you over the phone, I won't put anything in writing for you as..."
(I cut her off) "... not good enough, if Ford are not responsible and you want me to speak to the dealers, why can't I be given this information?"
"ummm, well, ahhh, well, you see.. uh, I have to speak to our lawyers and legal team before I can give this information to you or your representative. I will call you back when I have an answer."
"So how long will this take?"
"I will call you back within a week, goodbye (Mr. Owner)." *Click*

Still fuming, about five minutes later I get a call back from Ford CRC. Again, not exact word for word, but the gist of the conversation:

"Hello (Mr. Owner), I am calling you about our conversation before."
"Oh yes, how can I help you?"
"I am calling you back again to say that I am closing the case because Ford is not responsible for..."
(I cut her off) "... you said you were going to speak to your 'legal team\lawyers to ask about why I can't get access to my case details and our conversations via email?"
"... But I am telling you that Ford is not responsible for fixing your car and will be closing the case."
"But what did the legal team say? Why can't I access my own informat..."
(cuts me off) "I am only allowed to speak to you on the phone, and I am going to close the case because Ford is not..."
(I cut her off) "But did you check with the people from your legal department?"
"Um, ah, well, um, I am closing the case and can send you a letter saying that".
"Ok fine, do that, and please call on the phone to my representative from my lease company to inform them of this detail."
"What? What are you talking about?"
"What do you mean 'what I am talking about'? Don't you have the details of (Mr. Lease Company representative)?"
"I don't know who that is."
"How do you not know who that is? You just said in the last call that you had (Mr. Lease Company representative) details, and now they are gone?"
"Um, ah, well, ah, I don't have any of those details on your account, so I can't contact (Mr. Lease Company representative)"
"But that is his name, you just said that you don't have that when you did, but now you suddenly have it back again?"
"Well, um, ah, let me see, um, is it (says number, email, company name, etc)"
"So you DO have his details then?"
"Um, well, ah, see, yes I do, so I will call him then within a week to explain why I am closing the case, within a week from today. I will keep the case open until then, ok?"
"And I will make sure he contacts..."
(cuts me off) "Goodbye (Mr. Owner)". *Click*

Is this sort of contact from Ford CRC standard fare?

As someone who works in a sometimes customer facing role, if I was that rude and obfuscating with a 'customer' I would get my backside severely kicked.

This is continuing to be handled by the rep from the lease company, who is so far doing a pretty good job.

I will update you all when I find out more.
Shorter UltraRide shocks to suit F/R.
30mm Whiteline Swaybar.

2010 TB Hyundai Getz. 4dr, 5sp Manual, 1.6L.
Enough Said.

Boggo October 2014 WZ Fiesta ST, Spirit Blue.
Gives me Wiiiiiiiiiiiiings!
coolozzieguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2016, 10:42 PM   #62
PaulXR50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was there any mention of them recording the call for training purposes.. can only hope. They sound new and no idea what they doing. I would of asked for name and then ask for supervisor. Good luck and be interested to see how you get on.
PaulXR50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2016, 10:51 PM   #63
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolozzieguy View Post
Hi All,

An update of sorts. I logged a job with Ford CRC, and got a call back 3-4 days later from a particularly rude individual who called me back to basically absolve Ford of any problem, and to blame the dealer. The basics of the 'conversation' with her went along the lines of:

"So (Mr. Owner), we have investigated this matter and will be closing this case as Ford is not responsible for the damage and repair."
"Ok, so who is responsible for the damage and repair?"
"Not Ford. The damage was done by (selling dealer) or (wholesale dealer)."
"So you are saying to me now that the damaged was without doubt done by eitherthe first..."
(cuts me off) "I am saying Ford is not responsible and will not honor warranty repair"
"But who created the damage and repair? The selling dealer has not admitted to me that..."
(cuts me off again) "No I am not saying the (selling dealer) or (wholesale dealer) has done anything."
"So what do I do when (selling dealer) and (wholesale dealer) claims they did not cause the damage and repair?"
"ummmmm, well, you see..."
"So I will have no real rights under Australian consumer law, if Ford or the dealer will not fix this for me?"
"umm, well, you see, um, I am not saying that, I am saying that Ford cannot help you with the repair and will be closing this case."
"Ok fine, do you have the details of my leasing company?"
"Is this (Mr. Lease Company representative)?"
"Yes, can you please forward the contents of our conversation and why you are closing the case via email to him and myself please"
"No, I can't do that"
"Why not?"
"Because I can't"
"So how am I supposed to do what you won't, and take the issue up with these dealers if I can't get details of my own ca..."
(cuts me off again, quite forcefully) "I can only talk to you over the phone, I won't put anything in writing for you as..."
(I cut her off) "... not good enough, if Ford are not responsible and you want me to speak to the dealers, why can't I be given this information?"
"ummm, well, ahhh, well, you see.. uh, I have to speak to our lawyers and legal team before I can give this information to you or your representative. I will call you back when I have an answer."
"So how long will this take?"
"I will call you back within a week, goodbye (Mr. Owner)." *Click*

Still fuming, about five minutes later I get a call back from Ford CRC. Again, not exact word for word, but the gist of the conversation:

"Hello (Mr. Owner), I am calling you about our conversation before."
"Oh yes, how can I help you?"
"I am calling you back again to say that I am closing the case because Ford is not responsible for..."
(I cut her off) "... you said you were going to speak to your 'legal team\lawyers to ask about why I can't get access to my case details and our conversations via email?"
"... But I am telling you that Ford is not responsible for fixing your car and will be closing the case."
"But what did the legal team say? Why can't I access my own informat..."
(cuts me off) "I am only allowed to speak to you on the phone, and I am going to close the case because Ford is not..."
(I cut her off) "But did you check with the people from your legal department?"
"Um, ah, well, um, I am closing the case and can send you a letter saying that".
"Ok fine, do that, and please call on the phone to my representative from my lease company to inform them of this detail."
"What? What are you talking about?"
"What do you mean 'what I am talking about'? Don't you have the details of (Mr. Lease Company representative)?"
"I don't know who that is."
"How do you not know who that is? You just said in the last call that you had (Mr. Lease Company representative) details, and now they are gone?"
"Um, ah, well, ah, I don't have any of those details on your account, so I can't contact (Mr. Lease Company representative)"
"But that is his name, you just said that you don't have that when you did, but now you suddenly have it back again?"
"Well, um, ah, let me see, um, is it (says number, email, company name, etc)"
"So you DO have his details then?"
"Um, well, ah, see, yes I do, so I will call him then within a week to explain why I am closing the case, within a week from today. I will keep the case open until then, ok?"
"And I will make sure he contacts..."
(cuts me off) "Goodbye (Mr. Owner)". *Click*

Is this sort of contact from Ford CRC standard fare?

As someone who works in a sometimes customer facing role, if I was that rude and obfuscating with a 'customer' I would get my backside severely kicked.

This is continuing to be handled by the rep from the lease company, who is so far doing a pretty good job.

I will update you all when I find out more.

That is reprehensible behaviour on the part of the CRC representative. You need to escalate to the consumer affairs department in your state and get some press coverage.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post