Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #31
Joes_meat
Churches Eat Souls

The VZ SV6 is meant to be the quickest 6 cylinder Commodore.

The reason the VN/VP were quick was due to their gearing.

I bought a VS recently. I was looking at the VR, VS, VT. I bought the VS because it was the quickest and returned the best economy. After driving the heavy models (VT, VX, VY) I'm glad I got the VS.
Joes_meat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 03:21 PM   #32
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

the SV6 should have the 190 alloytec, while a standard commod would have the 175kw version.

I think from memory the old supercharged v6's had 181kw in stock form, so no big deal.

Saying that, the ex's brother has a VN calais (I know a crap model) but he has done a real good job keeping the whole car stock...except for the chromed, worked supercharged v6 under the bonnet. has about 180rwkw and buckets of torque. Actually a nice car in my eyes. and I don't think much of vn's
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 08:52 PM   #33
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know my car is not that quick, but as long as its quicker than a NA VN V6 Calais with only bolt ons, i am happy! :P
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #34
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Just came back from Melbourne, and I have figured out that there are 2 types of drivers down there:
1. Those who take off from the lights with the slightest application of throttle possible
2. Those that live for the green light derby.

The first group are annoying, and the second group are shocked when a kitted up wagon hangs with them, or beats them! I actually had a VX SS try 3 times, but the guy just couldn't change gears properly. His car would stop for 2 to 3 seconds at each gear change, plus I reckon he was changing at around 3500. He'd charge off in first though, squealing the tyres when the lights went green, but that's as good as he got. So wiping him to 80 at 3 sets of lights down the Nepean Highway was easy!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 09:44 PM   #35
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Just came back from Melbourne, and I have figured out that there are 2 types of drivers down there:
1. Those who take off from the lights with the slightest application of throttle possible
2. Those that live for the green light derby.

The first group are annoying, and the second group are shocked when a kitted up wagon hangs with them, or beats them! I actually had a VX SS try 3 times, but the guy just couldn't change gears properly. His car would stop for 2 to 3 seconds at each gear change, plus I reckon he was changing at around 3500. He'd charge off in first though, squealing the tyres when the lights went green, but that's as good as he got. So wiping him to 80 at 3 sets of lights down the Nepean Highway was easy!
LOL!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA....

i got beaten but a '94 accord to 70 kays an hour :yeees: totally didnt realise he was dragging me... :| but once i hit 70 and the gear change, car just launched and he was gooonskis.
Old 28-02-2006, 08:23 AM   #36
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think i need an exhaust system, even just a cat back for now. Its all well and good jumping people from the lights, but its just not the same without that presence. Does anyone reccon i could get bingo taxi to dip into the 15's with bolt ons even though its an auto?
Old 28-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #37
Cespenar
Huh?

This thread has me gnashing my gums again. The more HP you get out of a given size means less grunt low down. WHERE WE BLOODY WELL NEED IT! If these motors keep getting more up-top power, we'll see the end of overdrive.
Cespenar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 10:17 PM   #38
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BargeEA
i think i need an exhaust system, even just a cat back for now. Its all well and good jumping people from the lights, but its just not the same without that presence. Does anyone reccon i could get bingo taxi to dip into the 15's with bolt ons even though its an auto?
Can dip into the 13's with bolt-ons too ... depends on your bolt-ons though ... LOL
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 10:18 PM   #39
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cespenar
This thread has me gnashing my gums again. The more HP you get out of a given size means less grunt low down. WHERE WE BLOODY WELL NEED IT! If these motors keep getting more up-top power, we'll see the end of overdrive.
Add a supercharger ... no issues with bottom-end torque once one of these is fitted ... only issue you would have is traction really.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 10:46 PM   #40
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack 6
I think from memory the old supercharged v6's had 181kw in stock form, so no big deal.
171kw for the supercharged v6,and 172kw for an au xr6vct.
Old 28-02-2006, 11:01 PM   #41
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Can dip into the 13's with bolt-ons too ... depends on your bolt-ons though ... LOL
lol....i'm sure thats possible! but i was thinking more along the lines of normal bolt ons such as extractors and an exhaust, maybe a pod filter.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:08 PM   #42
Rollin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
171kw for the supercharged v6,and 172kw for an au xr6vct.
that just goes to show that TeH FaLcOn CaN NeVaH LoOzE!!!!!!!!

7psi+ 3.8L < N/A 4.0L
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post