Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
2002auxr6
Drunk!

Default Driving lights

Does anyone have Them little spot lights fitted to the front end on the standard xr6, if so does anyone have pics or how hard they are to install

2002auxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 06:28 PM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Wonder if they were an option ... but I see many around with them ... and they seem to be in the exact same spot.

Either Hella or Narva make them ... but as far as I know Ford usually use Hella for fog/driving lights anyway.

Might be an idea to look up Hella via Google and checking out their range.
I bought some Hella slimline Fogs for the ute recently ... I need to get them installed though ... I have been too lazy.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 09:09 PM   #3
Samantha

I believe these don't exist for specifically the AU (genuine or aftermarket) other than T-series I'm afraid. Is possible to fit something close but there's nothing that is made for the AU front bar.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 09:14 PM   #4
Rob
Living the dream

Oh dear... fog lights... :

In the dark days, when I was a confused young man, I fitted spotties to my VP commo. Just screwed em onto the lip of the front bar. Scrape. Scratch. BANG.

Moral of the story - If you must have spotties, do it properly. I pity the foo that doesnt.... :MrT_anim:
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #5
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

you can buy those small spotties/foglights from k-mart for around $30 for the set , includes relay , switch and wiring , full kit .. they make them in small round , small oval , and small rounded rectangle shapes that will fit in the small holes in the standard AU series XR front spoilers, you can buy the kits with either the blueish light or white light , fully wiring diagrams included , easy to do , lots of setups included on the diagrams. they are a pretty new product , i just recentllyl noticed them about 2 weeks ago in k-mart , look like pretty good quiality too .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #6
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
you can buy those small spotties/foglights from k-mart for around $30 for the set , includes relay , switch and wiring , full kit .. they make them in small round , small oval , and small rounded rectangle shapes that will fit in the small holes in the standard AU series XR front spoilers, you can buy the kits with either the blueish light or white light , fully wiring diagrams included , easy to do , lots of setups included on the diagrams. they are a pretty new product , i just recentllyl noticed them about 2 weeks ago in k-mart , look like pretty good quiality too .
Yes indeed, have had a set for 12 mths now and just have not had the time to fit as it involves removing the nose cone etc, the ones you are refering to are "Auto Technica" and are real value for money. The only thing i suggest to do is make clear pvc covers for them to avoid damage, these can be easily removed for cleaning.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 09:52 PM   #7
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXR8BLOKE
Yes indeed, have had a set for 12 mths now and just have not had the time to fit as it involves removing the nose cone etc, the ones you are refering to are "Auto Technica" and are real value for money. The only thing i suggest to do is make clear pvc covers for them to avoid damage, these can be easily removed for cleaning.
i dunno if you mean your refering to the nose cone as the whole front end off the car to install them , but u can easilly mount them with access by removing the black plastic protective strip under the front spoiler ;) .

Old 22-03-2006, 10:09 PM   #8
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I need to, i can't get me big arms and a drill in there! :
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 10:59 PM   #9
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXR8BLOKE
I need to, i can't get me big arms and a drill in there! :
yeah its a bit like that ! , its a matter of getting something long , like a long thin flat head screwdriver filed a bit sharper, they twist away until u get rsi ..lol , takes a while , but is do-able . :evil_laug