Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-01-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
Dean

Default inspirational / influential cars

I was just wondering what gave people the idea's to either Build or Buy their cars, wether it be Movie or Magazine cars or just something you see everyday.
For me it was 2 cars, the first being Mad Max, once I saw that movie I knew I had to have a Falcon Coupe, the second was an XC Coupe from the early nineties called OVAKIL which had a Blown 351. Those are 2 cars that I will never forget.

Cheers
Dean.

Dean is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 04:36 PM   #2
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Mad max made me a fan of the Hardtop as well, it's one of the reasons i love them.
Also the Dukes of Hazzard got me liking the Dodge Charger and 426 Hemi.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 04:50 PM   #3
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah that charger is nice. Mad max had nothing to do with my obsession with coupes, i saw one and knew thats what i wanted. Oh yeah and the Grima's Black XBGT replica that had demon1 plates, that is the hottest looking thing.....
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 06:41 PM   #4
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Mad max made me a fan of the Hardtop as well, it's one of the reasons i love them.
Also the Dukes of Hazzard got me liking the Dodge Charger and 426 Hemi.
I'm with 100%. Both those cars were fantastic. Classic cars with a huge cult following. But another for me would have been the car out of smokie and the bandit.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 10:48 AM   #5
mash85

Smile

really got into the v8's in 95 and seeing bowe kick some *** in his ef made me love em, so far ive got 2, both sixes tho, still space in the drive for an 8
mash85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 11:13 AM   #6
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

easy answer for me.

1966 - Morris Cooper S wins Bathurst.

Bought a MkII 'S' in 1970 and still regard it as the most fun vehicle I've owned.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 11:16 AM   #7
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Went to Summernats 2002 and saw a boatload of nice VLs, so I bought one.

Also my uncle had a Brock Calais, so that influenced my decision more.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post