Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-12-2005, 01:48 PM   #31
YOOT
Banned

The only MkII and BF utes and sedans I have seen are all rapid, very popular colour I agree. Makes me relish in the fact everybody thinks black is hard to keep clean so no body has it! Mmmm, different :
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 01:52 PM   #32
Group C

Probably got more Rapid ones than any other, coz they are getting to be like a-holes: everyone's got one.

Ohh, hang on, guess that makes me an a-hole too :
Group C is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 11:35 PM   #33
buickman
buickman

Thumbs up for Rapid on the XR's.It stands out
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #34
Group C

I realise this thread is a bit old now, and apologise if it's been posted elsewhere, but...
Just found out that Rapid was dropped approx. 2 weeks ago. This was part of Ford's on-going changes to the colour charts.

Reason (according to the local dealer) was that it was too popular. Same reason Blueprint was dropped too.
They (my local dealer) actually got the last 5 Rapid Falcons built.

New yellow is on the way, and will most likely be a bit darker, as a lighter shade would be too close to Taxi yellow. I don't know what the new yellow's name is yet.

Also, RUMOUR is that Shockwave blue might go in the next set of changes, due to being too popular again.
Old 21-04-2006, 06:34 PM   #35
ETH02
Force Fed Fun

Default No more Shockwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group C
I realise this thread is a bit old now, and apologise if it's been posted elsewhere, but...
Just found out that Rapid was dropped approx. 2 weeks ago. This was part of Ford's on-going changes to the colour charts.

Reason (according to the local dealer) was that it was too popular. Same reason Blueprint was dropped too.
They (my local dealer) actually got the last 5 Rapid Falcons built.

New yellow is on the way, and will most likely be a bit darker, as a lighter shade would be too close to Taxi yellow. I don't know what the new yellow's name is yet.

Also, RUMOUR is that Shockwave blue might go in the next set of changes, due to being too popular again.

I was wondering how long shockwave would last, thought they might drop it after the Devil R XR8s

Like to see what they replace it with.

Shockwave BA MKII Typhoon :sm_headba
ETH02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 07:08 PM   #36
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One thing really confuses me.. people with ex-taxis pay money to spray their cars a colour other than yellow to distance themselves from being compared to a taxi, yet people go off and order their brand new XR or GT in yellow?? I don't get it.. but anyways thats me. Personally i'd go an XR8 in white..
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 07:44 PM   #37
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by seano14
hertz i think ford owns them, dont they? the one at adelaide airport had more xr6's than normal falcs!
Thats probably because even though the XR's are more expensive, they hold their value better...... resale is the name of the game with that
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #38
Group C

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
One thing really confuses me.. people with ex-taxis pay money to spray their cars a colour other than yellow to distance themselves from being compared to a taxi, yet people go off and order their brand new XR or GT in yellow?? I don't get it.. but anyways thats me. Personally i'd go an XR8 in white..
I think it's more the SHADE of yellow that ex-Taxi owners are trying to distance themselves from, because the Taxi 'lemon' yellow stands out like you-know-what, and that makes it obvious what the car started life as, where as Rapid (and the yellow on the Holdens [Devil Yellow??]) is totally different.
But I see your point.