|
Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated. |
|
|
07-02-2006, 09:34 PM | #1 | ||
Starter Motor
|
Long time reader, first time writer. I thought I would pass on to others with an AU Fairmont,Fairmont Ghia or Fairlane my experience with the above problem. I had noticed over the past few months that more and more of my MDC letters/numbers were fading to the point where I had to do something. My brother had put me on to Fordforums some time ago and I regularly get on and have a read, and I remember reading about this problem and it's solution. In case anybody has the same issue (and apparently you will have at some time!) I highly recommend that they get on to website url]www.geocities.com/liquidxtal[/url]. The guy (Ayhan) who does the repair is extremely good to deal with and is very reasonably priced (dirt cheap when compared to having to replace the unit). It also reinforced to me that this forum really does work and by contributing your own experiences your helping someone else with their blue oval. Thanks guys.
|
||
07-02-2006, 09:40 PM | #2 | ||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
|
I had the same problem about 6 months ago and went thru the same mob, and am very happy with the out come , real good job
|
||
07-02-2006, 10:02 PM | #3 | ||
buickman
|
He repaired mine 2 years ago. Still works fine. Top guy as well
|
||
08-02-2006, 11:25 AM | #4 | ||
Starter Motor
|
I have the same problem right now ..
how much exactly does it cost to have this fixed? Did you just send the unit to him? |
||
08-02-2006, 12:54 PM | #5 | ||
Starter Motor
|
The website has the cost details. If you're in Melbourne ring and make an appointment to see him or post unit (his website has good info on unit removal) to him.
|
||
17-02-2006, 12:55 PM | #6 | ||
GT-P #0336
|
I copped this problem a few weeks back when we had a 40 degree day. It's slightly faded on one corner. Not bad enough to make me jump to get it fixed just yet but, damm thing..
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST ~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~ |
||
16-02-2013, 10:07 PM | #7 | ||
The 'Stihl' Man
|
BUMP>>
Can I just confirm that these guys are good when say your LCD/Climate control read out is playing up? Mine basically has sections missing, really small sections but it adds up enough to **** me off and make it not really readable. Did you guys do the DYI option or send it in? Cheers
17-02-2013, 10:49 AM | #8 | ||
Parts bin special
|
I went through that company when I bought my AU about 2 years ago, as my screen was pretty much unreadable. As I'm not far from Moorabin, I went there, did a changeover and it's been perfect ever since. I'm very happy with the job he did.
Weekender 1964 US Falcon Futura convertible - Rangoon Red 260 Windsor V8, 4 speed manual, LHD, Electronic ignition, Mustang wheels https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11470868 Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more 2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior 2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake |
||
18-02-2013, 02:57 PM | #9 | ||
All Bran = Regular Member
|
I sent mine (I think it was in 2007) on a Monday and the repaired unit was back to me on Friday of the same week.
Have not had a single problem with it since. He's a very approachable guy. Email him for current turnaround times. (I couldn't be rrrs'd mucking around with it myself but I know there are ppl in here who have).
24-02-2013, 07:26 AM | #10 | |||
|
Quote:
If your concerned about transit damage being the TE Unit I carefully seperated the face of the unit and sent it as and take out insurance with the postage I've had no problems with it
FTe Venom T2 TS50 man Build # 23... Sunroof , tri y's , custom twin exhaust, Hooker mufflers FPV BF FORCE 8 Ego Build # 26........... S/Steel xforce exhaust,Blue Power air filter, ZF trans all tuned by "Autotech", 254rwk ,brembo's,factory sunroof |
|||
This user likes this post: |
18-07-2024, 07:36 PM | #11 | ||
Starter Motor
|
Great help as usual for my now 3 Fairlanes 500 (200000 miles), NC (done 580000k) and AU ( only done 170000k and showroom.) all V8s
|
||
31-07-2024, 03:17 PM | #12 | ||
Starter Motor
|
AU Fairlane LCD dash Autronic 1 wendy st are no longer in business for AUs
|
||